July Mod Squad

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

July Mod Squad

LG I have found my doppelg?nger in you! Ha!! We actually have not played any of the latest tiger woods since kid confiscated PS3 for his room.... He heads off to UNR next month and we are hoping ge leaves it behind...We do play wii bowling alot though!!! Dryers are so versatile, they dry clothes they act as a closet and or drawer, they take the place of an iron or steamer, heck with a strong peice of fabric softener and a damp towel it can make it like u really did wash that favorite blouse u wore last week and want to again today! Enjoy your evening!

Hope everyone else is as well.... Eve, TMH, D and anyone else I forgot . Looking forward to my first Monday morning that I am not in a wretched haze from being drunk litterally all weekend!!!!! Wahoo! Gunna go watch something stoopid now that hubby left and I can get off the History Channel
    And it's hard to dance with a devil on your back so shake him off ~ Florence and the Machine

Comment

July Mod Squad

:yougo:inkele::band2::jumpwow::threesome: Congrats Dave on your two, brand new, baby boys! Boys are great! I have 3 and they are the most fun.
      MM
      "What's so funny 'bout peace, love and understanding." Elvis Costello

Comment

July Mod Squad

Hey there MM, u invited me here last week and I am so greatful making friends and getting good advice and being able to share my struggles and triumphs so Thanx for that!!!

D- I agree with mm boys r great I came from a family of 6 girls so at 16 when I found out I was gunna be the single mom of a BOY I lost my mind "what am I gunna do with a boy, how will I teach him to Pee?!! I don't know the first thing about baseball?!!" well I figured all that out and think if I ever had another I'd want a boy!
        And it's hard to dance with a devil on your back so shake him off ~ Florence and the Machine

Comment

July Mod Squad

Had a few beers while doing chores n cooking.... Almost 8 now and hubby still out golfing yes it is still full daylight here in Vegas at 8pm..... Was just about to grab another outta fridge and just said no and closed the fridge..... Feelin strong no liquor today even though I had evey oppertunity with hubby out golfing and even after my son took car to get me gas and run it thru drive thru car wash and when he came home he had lost my company credit card Grrrrrr! Tried to call and cancel and B of A said call back they are doing system upgrade and are unavailable until 1am.... Still no liquor just waiting for hubby to get home so we can have a bowl of stew and watch Some breaking bad and get to bed!!!!!!

Hope everyone has a good night!

Comment

July Mod Squad

Good morning! Vliven you crack me up.:H Sounds like we have a little bit in common.

Well, I had three glasses of wine and put the glass in the sink. There was some left, but I didn't drink it all. I was actually in the bed with lights out by 11:00. Feel pretty good today, too.

Got some kind of worm virus on my computer at home. So annoying! Anyway, at work now, so just checking in. Hope everyone has a great day!!

LG

"I like people too much or not at all."
            Sylvia Plath

Comment

July Mod Squad

oops I thought this thread ended on the last page, lol. Hi MM!!

Sylvia Plath

Comment

July Mod Squad

Well no liquor at all yesterday but kinda drank beer all day..... Went to bed around 10 but woke up at midnight and could not go back to sleep for the life of me, it was miserable.......... Still feel 10 times better than I have any other Monday morning in the past. Think I will make today my first AF day - Hubby has band practice so it may be a bit of a challenge but I really wanna try. Any body have any suggestions for insomnia - I cant take those OTC sleep aids that give me restless legs. Well 6:15 about to start our morning meeting - check in later hope everyone has a great MONDAY

Comment

July Mod Squad

Hey V and LG. Glad you have found your "nest" so to speak V and are getting good advice. As far as ideas for sleeping, I really don't have any. I usually don't have a problem except for snoring. But that doesn't keep me up it keeps hubby up. :H Do you work out? I find that exercise is the best remedy and drink lots of water. If I don't work out then I am never tired when it is time for bed. Plus, the more you drink the harder it is to stay asleep. You will fall asleep quickly but then wake up with feelings of anxiety. At least that is what happens to me if I drink too much.

Good job LG on stopping at 3. I find if I go more than 3 I feel terrible in the morning. But that hasn't happened in quite a long time. I most always stop at 3 or less.

Watched my brothers 3 kids this weekend. Ages 10, 8 & 6. I forgot how much work it is. My boys are pretty much grown and out of the house except for the youngest but he's up at college for the summer. But I had a great time spoiling them and they are so much fun. So didn't drink this weekend except when I came home yesterday. Had a couple of beers and a glass of wine. I find when I drink beer it really has no effect on me and I don't feel it in the morning. But I only drink 2 beers. Maybe I really am becoming allergic to wine and it just doesn't sit well with me. Food for thought.

Have a great week all and keep on plugging away.
                  MM
                  "What's so funny 'bout peace, love and understanding." Elvis Costello

Comment

July Mod Squad

MM - I agree 100% with the exercise - no I am currently not - need to get a little more time under my belt with the no liquor before I hit the gym - Gym and diet is what kinda drove me to the liquor - I did not want all the calories in the beer - so I would take a few shots of liquor and that got out of hand - so I am going to give it a few weeks and then get back on track - unfortunately it is soooooooooooooo hot here in vegas the idea of even a walk around the block after work is dreadful - I am drinking a ton of water today - eating healthy and taking all my vitamins - I have not done this in months - thanks for the advice and support hope you have a great week

Comment

July Mod Squad

vliven the only advice I have about sleeping is what I did. I was drinking nightly before I came here, and when I first went AF, I couldn't sleep but a couple of hours, then wake, sleep, wake...ugh. It took over a week to finally be able to fall asleep naturally. I didn't take anything. Now that I'm not drinking every night, my sleeping is still good. I think I had to go AF for a while to get it back to normal.

I know in the past if I took a night off from drinking (rarely), I wouldn't sleep well at all. So, I guess getting it all out of your system is really the only way to get back to sleeping naturally. Maybe someone else has some ideas.

Sylvia Plath

Comment

July Mod Squad

LG, I know you are right but I probably did not want to hear that........ I do plan to go AF tonight and think with the utter lack of sleep from last night I should be fine been drinking a TON of water and eating good today so still feeling pretty good - it is gloomy and cloudy here and since that is soo rare for us it puts me in a GREAT mood and fills me with energy.....

Hope everyone's Monday is treating them well

Comment

July Mod Squad

Yeah, it's not an easy answer, vliven. I don't think there's an easy way, though. I hated it, but I got through it. Before, for years I was just taking a day here and a day there, not often, that I was AF, and never slept except on the days I did drink.

Home now and performing a system scan on my computer to get rid some annoying malware. I'm in safe mode.

How's everyone on this monday evening? If it's mon eve where you are. I'm glad to get through the first work day. Bf said he's cooking hamburgers for dinner later. Drinking some coffee now and getting ready to play golf. AF as usual on week nights.

Sylvia Plath

Comment

July Mod Squad

Doing well here. Didn't do so well last night - ugh!!! Hate that when that happens. Tonite had 1 drink, then dinner. No desire to have more so that's a good thing!

I do not sleep well either when I don't drink. In fact horribly. After monitoring with a Bodyfit Armband and discovering I was getting 3-4 hrs/nite, I got a prescription for Trazadone, just 50 mg.

LG - how the heck do you drink coffee at night????? Even if decaf I'd be awake until Wed.

TMH
                            The pain of discipline is less than the pain of regret.

Comment

July Mod Squad

I don't know, TMH. I probably shouldn't drink coffee, but it helps me feel satisfied (without AL). Sorry you weren't happy about last night. It happens. I'm not drinking tonight either.

Sylvia Plath

Comment

July Mod Squad

Well made it past the liquor store again can't believe my brain still try's to find ways to convince me to stop...... My son took car out and hubby's at band practice so no way I can change mind and run out..... I do however have a few beers in the house but really wanna try an all AF Day been home for a little over an hour now and have been able to resist thus far but not feeling to strong....

TMH - tomorrow is another day..... And I agree coffee at night no way

LG - kick some TW butt!!! And enjoy those burgers....

Comment

Working...
                                X