July Mod Squad

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

July Mod Squad

inkele: Well done TMH, you are on a roll - I admire you. Its great when you don't have to fear being pulled over by the cops after you've been out. That's freedom. I can tell by the way you write that you are feeling very confident and happy. :wd::applaud:

After 4 days AF, you say you are feeling much better - doesn't take long hey. The book I was reading said it takes between 7 - 10 days to get AL totally out of your body - seems a long time doesn't it. I guess thats why it takes 2 - 3 days just to get over a big night these days.

I had a good night last night, not AF, but only about 2.5 standard drinks, so I'm pretty pleased with that, no anxiety today. As you say TMH it is the pits and I am sick of it too.

I live in the Top End of Australia and its not unlike your weather in Florida I think. This morning I got up to 12 degrees (sorry we do Celsius) btw that's bloody cold for here. Just converted it - around 53 degrees F. It's kind of nice, but I can't wait for the nice warm weather again - can't believe I'm saying that. I guess you are in your wet season now.

DG, Stewarts and FarfallaP - how are you all doing???
    Time to whip AL's Ass :b&d:
    :h ya
    Trix

Comment

July Mod Squad

more july thoughts

TMH, that's great keep up with it. Trixie, yes the anxiety situations came about later in my life and it happens to a lot of people for various reasons. There's a good article I can point you to if interested. As I am up in my summer house, I've been modding very well, but, for the most part I'm by myself. I am family and nephews up the block from me, but necesarily a drinking crowd, excfept a little wine with dinner. I sat on the deck of my boat and had a beer, realxing, earlier, like I said modding, well. Now, I have the girl I'm dating coming up, this could be interesting.

Trixie, I think you said this, but yes, myself included when I wanted to drink nothing, I pretty much sheltered myself from everyone else; even my therapist said that is not a way to live.

Well, I got a long training run tomorrow before I pick up my "friend" at the train station tomorrow. Be well and good night.

Comment

July Mod Squad

Have a nice time with your "friend" Stewarts.
        Trix

Comment

July Mod Squad

Hi Modders ~ 6 days down but tonite was close. I'm sure it was because of being overly hungry. Played golf w/o eating lunch, had a few nuts, had to quit after Hole #16 due to rain. We went in to have an O'Douls and by the time we were finishing our drinks Happy Hour folks were starting to arrive. A couple sat next to us, lady ordered a beer, no big deal, I had what looked like beer in front of me, guy ordered a gl of wine. That looked inviting to me. When we got home, I realized it wouldn't have taken much for me to agree to have a drink or gl of wine. Instead we quickly made a simple supper and now I am very full and have no desire for alcohol and will be so happy in the am when I go for my 5 mile run.

Trix - 2.5 drinks is modding! That's a far cry from getting "stupid". And yes we are in rainy season. It's rarely a washout, usually a late afternoon thundershower. Is it warmer in Aust now?

Stewart - sounds like a nice romantic weekend. Enjoy!

TMH
          The pain of discipline is less than the pain of regret.

Comment

July Mod Squad

:applaud::applaud::applaud::applaud:
            Well done TMH, so very proud of your progress. You are inspiring - might just have to join you.

Well done not caving in, it could have been a very different story and so often is.

We are in our 'dry' season now, quite cool with very little humidity. It's been very windy here and we had a big bush fire here yesterday, luckily we were out of harms way, but it's very smoky here this am.

With such cool am/pm's I am looking forward to the temp rising a tad, so I can ditch the long sleeves etc - I'm not a cold weather person. Our rain should kick in around Oct/Nov, which will be nice again. I miss the storms.
            Trix

Comment

July Mod Squad

hi trix, things here are good. I did two af days earlier in the week but was hoping to get maybe another one or two in, it didn't happen though, but there's always next week!

TMH, wow wow wow! 6 days and counting, you are rocking along girl! fantastic work

Comment

July Mod Squad

Yeah I always think I'll do AF days, but never end up doing them. I must get my act together.

Just keeping the drinks to a minimum is about all I can do at the moment, which is good too.
                Trix

Comment

July Mod Squad

Hi ~ good weekend everyone? Proud to say still AF, Day 8 almost done.

FF - are you lurking? For a bit last night we were both a little testy. Time to break out the Taste of Inspirations & use a wine glass. It worked. Is it something I could drink one after the other? No, but it wasn't bad so thanks for that suggestion!

DG - thanks, it's not a piece of cake but am feeling more benefits everyday.

Trix - keeping drinks to a minimum is excellent!

We played 18 holes of golf with another couple this a.m. It's 91 deg, & humid. The lady could not do all of it. Now I know everyone is affected differently but there is something to be said for being in shape and being able to withstand the heat. She smokes and was struggling. At any rate we had lunch together (she had beer and that's fine, I would normally too) We had O'Doul's, came home, and decided to play on our home course. Played 15 before we got rained out. So for the first time ever I played 33 holes of golf in one day. Yesterday I ran/walked 5 miles, used the elliptical trainer for a bit and biked to and from Fitness Center. Am I losing wt? A bit, not much but feel more toned.

Right now I'd have to say this is so worth it. Of course, it helps tremendously that dh decided to be on board too. For that I am grateful.

TMH

Comment

July Mod Squad

WOW 8 days AF - you're on Fire TMH. Fantastic job.

As for the golf, you sound like a bit of a fanatic - having your own course at home, you must be, lol.

It's great when you are in the right frame of mind and get it all together - so much better than being unhealthy - makes you wonder why we do it.

I have signed up to a program here in Aus called 12 week body transformer with a personal trainer that was on the biggest loser on TV - I don't know if it's run in other countries. $200 for a 12 week course, and I know a girl who lost stacks of weight on the program. I don't have much to lose, just 5 annoying kgs (or about a stone) and tone up.

So the AL will have to take a backseat for a large part of that. They don't say you can't have it but you have to factor it into your daily calorie intake.

How is everyone else, DG, FarfallaP, Stewarts - where art thou????? Hope you're doing well.
                    Trix

Comment

July Mod Squad

Oh, Trix, let me explain. By course at home, that just means we live in a golf retirement community. We actually have 2 18 hole golf courses, one designed by Jack Nicolaus. I am a very new golfer, had never picked up a club until we bought property here. Now I can't imagine living here and not playing golf. Huge social thing. (but then so is drinking). When I used to run marathons, etc. and found out how long it takes to play a game of golf (4 hrs I'd say oh heck, I can run a marathon in 4 hrs; I'll do that when I'm too old to run.) Here I am. :H

That 12 week course sounds awesome!

Comment

July Mod Squad

Haha, I envisaged a huge sprawling property complete with golf course, tennis court and olympic swimming pool :H We all wish hey!!!

I have a friend the same as you, never played golf til she was older and now she's hooked. Doesn't do much for me (yet) I call it hit and giggle - that's if I can hit it.

Yep I'm looking forward to the program, only thing is it doesn't start til end of next month, and everyone does it together - it's a competition - you can win things. Not that I probably will, it's always the ones who lose 40 or 50 pounds, but I'm not going in it for the prizes.
                        Trix

Comment

July Mod Squad

drinkingal;1345735 wrote: I know what you mean ff, two days af is pretty huge for me too :l

Tmh how are you going? are you on day 4 now?

trix, gosh sticking to 1 or 2 ciders in a night is huge. I don't think I could it :goodjob:

so something that happened today is me and dh decided to take the dogs for walk around the block, all good, except dh was out the door while i was still putting on my shoes and I rushed off after him and forgot to take some poop bags. So we get down the street and turn a corner and my dogs start sniffing around in this bit off hellstrip which is like no mans land, it's not at the front of a house and is next to a full height fence (I don't let my dogs wander onto people's gardens in case they pee) and one of my dogs drops a bomb and I'm bagless.

Next thing the guy who's lives in the house on the other side of the fence suddenly appears out of nowhere, and he's pissed, starts ranting and raving about how he's sick of dog **** etc, and is being really aggressive. I was annoyed at his tone but figured I'd just deal with it then and there. so I said to him "have you got a bag?" and he just takes an attitude and says "NO! I DON'T have a bag!" just being a jerk, so I said "you don't have a bag?" (I mean the guy lives right there, and if he wants me to pick it up, I just need a damn bag!) and again he's really arrogant and says "I DON'T have a bag" and then just starts going off again. By this time his attitude is just pissing me off, and I cut him off and pretty aggressively said "Listen, if you've got a bag I'll pick it up, otherwise I'll have to go home first". He finally (begrudgingly) goes off to get a bag, and as he's walking away he starts spouting out more stuff , I'm shouting back at him, it was getting REALLY heated by this time, my blood was boiling at this aggressive jerk, so DH sent me on ahead with the dogs before I had an aneurism, while he hung around and waited for the guy to come back. But why do people have to be such @ssholes about stuff? I mean I totally get where the guy is coming from because even at the dog park we use where there are baggie dispensers everywhere, some people don't pick up their dog's poop, but would it kill some people to just talk to you like a normal person instead of being an arrogant aggressive ass? i was seriously pissed off by the time I got home, and cracked open a drink to calm down.
                          I think I can put a nice spin on this for u Dgirl:

My husband would have joined in with the asshole neighbor bitching that I had forgotten the bags!!
                          He always said to me that I can't blame my drinking on him but I can tell u that my staying sober is in spite of him..

SO well done choosing a good man who looked out for his beloved!
                          And on some level u gotta feel pity for someone who gets so enraged over stuff like that...
                          Lonely life I guess,
                          :l
                          On My Own Way Out Since May 20, 2012
                          *If you think poorly of yourself, you can fail with a clear conscience.
                          https://www.mywayout.org/community/f11/tool-box-27556.html tool box
                          https://www.mywayout.org/community/f19/newbies-nest-30074.html newbie nest

Comment

July Mod Squad

Hi Kradle, I reckon he sounds like he needs a drink or two :H
                            Trix

Comment

July Mod Squad

Trixiebelle;1347676 wrote: Hi Kradle, I reckon he sounds like he needs a drink or two :H
                              :H
                              I have actually thought that while i may be an asshole drinking, he's a bleep while sober...

Maybe I can spike his milk....
                              On My Own Way Out Since May 20, 2012
                              *If you think poorly of yourself, you can fail with a clear conscience.
                              https://www.mywayout.org/community/f11/tool-box-27556.html tool box
                              https://www.mywayout.org/community/f19/newbies-nest-30074.html newbie nest

Comment

July Mod Squad

Haha, at least we have an excuse for our crap behaviour - he doesn't.
                                Trix

Comment

Working...
                                X