X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

August Mod Squad

Can't hurt......... Post away
    :welcome:
    And it's hard to dance with a devil on your back so shake him off ~ Florence and the Machine

Comment

August Mod Squad

BTW Cash, I am truely sorry for all your struggles but especially the most recent.

I am lucky to not have any inherited mental troubles (although some close to me might disagree )

I am having a hard enough time beating this myself and it can't compare to what you have been thru.

Fell free to share whatever whenever
      And it's hard to dance with a devil on your back so shake him off ~ Florence and the Machine

Comment

August Mod Squad

Agreed. Feel free to post cashy. I'm wondering who sent you here, and I want you to know that if you feel you should abstain for a period of time or forever, don't feel pressured to moderate just because you are waffling at the moment and someone couldn't handle it.

Just my opinion, of course. We all have one.

"I like people too much or not at all."
        Sylvia Plath

Comment

August Mod Squad

No way everyone has their issues, my mental health is fine and mostly under control - I have a great medical team and heaps of family support. Dunno if I inherited it or not - I am adopted but have access to my medical history and there's nothing in that...so who knows?
          One funny thing when I came back to myo I thought I was having my first ever alcohol withdrawal and panicked ( was about 3 days AF and had started sweating and not sleeping etc ) - then my husband asked what scripts I needed filling from the chemist and, I'm an idiot, I had run out of clonazepam - a highly addictive benzo that I am trying to titrate down off slowly and had not had any since Friday!! That's what I was withdrawing from - back on it now and shakes, sweats and insomnia have passed.
          Just goes to show - never jump to conclusions! Yep I have been drinking way too much but not enough to feel like that - now 6 days and I'm feeling great.
          "Life is what happens to you when you're busy making other plans" - John Lennon

Comment

August Mod Squad

Hey LG nothing in particular just a vibe I picked up on. I have no problems reading about people moderating it does not make me want to drink - I have my own little agenda and it's just good to feel that I can support and be supported without being subjected to some people's strict philosophies.

Comment

August Mod Squad

I left here a long time ago cause of some people trying to say I shouldn't post about my mental health issues and some people a la AA telling me to stop taking my meds when I was incredibly vulnerable - very dangerous for me.

Comment

August Mod Squad

Was I waffling? Me...no...never...couldn't be I don't think I got up anyone's nose so far but you never can tell unless you lay it on the line and everyone goes for you like piranhas

Comment

August Mod Squad

Which I saw happening to others...

Comment

August Mod Squad

Waffle machine that's me

Comment

August Mod Squad

Six days is awesome Cash what are you studying in school?

Comment

August Mod Squad

LOL, cashy you are good at demonstrating the waffling behavior. I am a waffler too. I think it's the nature of most of us here. We come here because we are afraid of the harm our drinking might be doing to us, then we abstain and feel like, why not? Why can't I have a drink? There is a fine line that must be drawn, I suppose. Draw that line, I'll cross it!:H:H

"I like people too much or not at all."
                        Sylvia Plath

Comment

August Mod Squad

Waffle

Thsnks it's good to know I haven't lost the waffling knack.

Comment

August Mod Squad

Line...hmmmm

Comment

August Mod Squad

VLG I'm studying postgrad entry law - sucker for punishment
                              Very proud today had a big trigger - my mum has to go to court for DUI and my poor dad is going back in for more chopping off on Monday and is totally depressed. Whoa did I feel like a few wines but no - not going there - do not want to drink for stress, doesn't help at all. So yay for me from me!!

Comment

August Mod Squad

Cash- post law.... Impressive, sorry about your folks. Glad to hear you are coping without the wine!

Comment

Working...
                                X