AF Days

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

AF Days

I did not have an AF night. I had about 4 glasses of wine. Quit, ate some chili that I made, watched a show and read my book till about 10:30, then bed.

"I like people too much or not at all."
    Sylvia Plath

Comment

AF Days

Start another post ith the new name
      "Life is what happens to you when you're busy making other plans" - John Lennon

Comment

AF Days

FarfallaP;1371563 wrote: Hi HD,

Welcome!

That is how I started, little by little, until one fine day, I actually got 24 AF hours in - maybe that convinced my alcohol-dependent brain I would not die? - and then one AF day led to another, with the realization.
        " I can DO this". ...

Good luck! FF
        Yes agree with FF - this is how I started too. Took me a while to actully realise it can be done. Thought the world would stop. Logging in here seeing folks living normal lives AF helped so much.
        Easy does it 'till you realise - "Yes I can do this " :goodjob:

Comment

AF Days

Cashregister;1371656 wrote: Start another post ith the new name
          Hiya Cashy - how you doing ?

Comment

AF Days

Just came home from the store with a 12 pack of diet coke instead of AL.

Comment

AF Days

Hi Getting real!

Good for you! I hope diet coke with caffeine doesn't give you the jitters...it keeps me awake, I have to get the decaf kind.

After supper, cookies and a movie on tv really help me, too...first thing you know, it's bedtime, and you get to give yourself another star sticker for an AF day! Or, a 0 on the drink tracker, too, which is what I get to do now.

OK, maybe my star stickers are a little silly, but they still make me giggle, anyway!

Good luck! FF
              . "It is only with the heart that one can see clearly; that which is essential, is invisible to the eye.". Antoine de Saint-Exupery

Comment

AF Days

I'm not sure that some people realize this is part of the Moderator's community. Anyone is welcome to post, but I meant it primarily as a way for moderators to count their AF days.

Sylvia Plath

Comment

AF Days

LibraryGirl;1371939 wrote: I'm not sure that some people realize this is part of the Moderator's community. Anyone is welcome to post, but I meant it primarily as a way for moderators to count their AF days.
                  Sorry, LG. I missed your intent, thanks for clarifying. I'll come back to this thread when I actually have an AF day See ya on the other threads.

Thanks for the encouragement FF!

-HD
                  Note to self: Stand and deliver! :bat

Comment

AF Days

I didn't say you couldn't also say you didn't have an AF day. I just wanted those who are going for complete abstinence to realize that this is the modding section of MWO, so they wouldn't potentially be subjected to people who still drink (moderately). That's all.

Sylvia Plath

Comment

AF Days

LibraryGirl;1372040 wrote: I just wanted those who are going for complete abstinence to realize that this is the modding section of MWO, so they wouldn't potentially be subjected to people who still drink (moderately). That's all.
                      Good clarification LG and I think HabDef got it and we'll see him on the long term mod thread.
                      :l
                      Eve11
                      "Control your destiny or somebody else will"

~Jack Welsh~:h

God grant me the serenity to accept the people I cannot change, the courage to change the one I can, and the wisdom to know it's me. ~Author unknown, :thumbs:

Comment

Working...
                      X