September Mod Squad

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

September Mod Squad

Yikes!!!!! Welcome everyone to Mod Squads Friday night confessional..... Sorry but men can be oblivious sometimes ok certain men and I'm sure certain woman as well.....
    And it's hard to dance with a devil on your back so shake him off ~ Florence and the Machine

Comment

September Mod Squad

Well, it is in the past. I have no other man at present, but my ickle tiger woods.:H:H

"I like people too much or not at all."
      Sylvia Plath

Comment

September Mod Squad

Yeah and we all know u can't trust that guy!!!
        And it's hard to dance with a devil on your back so shake him off ~ Florence and the Machine

Comment

September Mod Squad

V, I am just sending you good thoughts... FF
          . "It is only with the heart that one can see clearly; that which is essential, is invisible to the eye.". Antoine de Saint-Exupery

Comment

September Mod Squad

Thanx FF! Made it thru, ordered pizza and finishing an episode of Sons of Anarchy!

Comment

September Mod Squad

GOOD for you! Hope your Saturday is bright and cheerful! And that your dear son-shine is happy at school...freshman year can be so stressful. Last night there was a segment on the news about hazing, and I felt again how overwhelming starting something new can be, for young people as well as us! FF
              . "It is only with the heart that one can see clearly; that which is essential, is invisible to the eye.". Antoine de Saint-Exupery

Comment

September Mod Squad

Good morning Folks. Sorry V I had to crash last night. I was so tired and felt bad...thought I'd come back (I went to watch a little tv), but couldn't get back up, lol. Glad you made it through ok!

Yes I remember starting college, FF, and it is overwhelming. Going from being a senior in high school where you've finally gotten comfortable and everyone knows you to being a complete stranger among strangers...not to mention the curriculum. I hope your ds is doing well and happy too, V.

Just drinking some coffee and plan on vegging today...Hope everyone is having a nice day.

Sylvia Plath

Comment

September Mod Squad

There was a party of 12 last night. With everyone's busy lives, we were so pleased to see that many old friends. Women were grouped together for a picture. Fifty Shades of Blonde.

Had 3 gl of wine. Hindsight? Done eating, done with 2, and a couple were staying so we decided to have another one. I was having fun, but why didn't I think oh great, we'll spend a little more time together but have a glass of water, not another wine. Ggggrrrr.

Hey, V., good for you ~ AF on a Friday night! Proud of you, girl.

Supposed to go to football game tonite. It's going to be cold. I can always borrow a heavy jacket & gloves I suppose, I'm just worried the grandkids won't think it's much fun. Then again, they're used to here, Grandma is no longer.

Have a great Saturday, everyone!
                  The pain of discipline is less than the pain of regret.

Comment

September Mod Squad

I like that analogy: Fifty shades of Blonde. Much better (for women anyway) than Fifty Shades of Grey.

I understand how you might feel that you drank just a little more than you would have liked/intended, but it sounds like you didn't overdo it. Maybe next time consider water or tea with dinner, and a glass of wine for dessert. I overdid it too last night. I was not liking the wine or the way I was feeling, but proceeded to drink another glass before I gave up the ghost. Did not get drunk and don't have a hangover, but I could have stopped after 2 also.

Hope you have fun tonight!

Sylvia Plath

Comment

September Mod Squad

Sometimes I am just like a little kid...I don't want the good time to stop, and that seems to mean..more booze! I suspect a fallacy here...lol ... signed, an additional Shade of Blonde! FF

Comment

September Mod Squad

A fallacy that we all have made in the throes of AL. I too tend to believe that once I quit, the fun for the evening is gone. May as well go home/go to bed. Which is indeed better (though it doesn't seem so at the time) than continuing the "fun".

Sylvia Plath

Comment

September Mod Squad

Hello ladies,

Thanks for all the well wishes on my boy (and the scare FF)!
                          He says he is very busy... He is pledging the TKE franternity and is loving it!
                          LG- for his junior and senior year he actually attended our community college where he would attend regular college classes (for free) and then they had a high school honors class program at the college where he finished his high school requirements. He had to take city bus to the college and adapted to college life (the academic portion at least) so he graduated Highschool this year with an associates degree too! So luckily he is not bogged down with those dreadful core classes and got to jump right in to classes for his major for the most part.

TMH- sounds like a really nice moderate evening!!!
                          U
                          Today marks what would be my grandmothers 95th birthday so the entire family is meeting at her grave at 11.... It is also 19 years ago today I found out I was pregnant... And 18 years ago today my husband was in a horrible accident as a pedestrian was run over by a van fleeing from a bar fight and got caught up in wheel axel and drug for blocks before cops pulled the van over wound up in ICU for a month.....

I am sure I will have some beers with him later and he will wanna break open that bottle he bought I WILL NOT PARTAKE!!!!

Comment

September Mod Squad

Wow V, a day of remembering for you. A lot of things happened on this day. Cannot imagine how horrible that was with your dh and his accident. So glad he recovered and is here to celebrate 18 years later. Hope you have a wonderful day!

Sylvia Plath

Comment

September Mod Squad

Good Sunday to All. Been a quiet day here...just got back from running a few errands. Probably going to watch a movie and chill out before tackling the laundry for the week.

I am starting to get nervous about my trip next week. I haven't travelled by myself on a long trip in a very long time. It's about a 4 hour drive, by Interstate 95, and I've never been to this city. Any tips to relax about it?

Hope everyone's day is going well.

Sylvia Plath

Comment

September Mod Squad

Hi Everyone...a quiet day in my world, as well. (Sneeze)...well, mostly...
                                LG, my drive on Wed. was only 2 hours each way, but I managed to do some things wrong, so will share.
                                I used Mapquest and printed out & tried to memorize route and directions, but it would have served me well to have set up our portable GPS as well. I stayed to the left, as instructed, at one point, but needed to have stayed there LONGER than the mapquest made clear...and the GPS talking lady says KEEP LEFT as long as necessary.
                                I DID allow an extra hour, so the fact that I overshot my exit, had to turn around & wiggle my way back through the city, was not the end of the world/trip.
                                I SHOULD have printed out (or brought with me) a larger map/portion of map of the city to help me with my wiggling back to where I needed to be. I had been to this place before, six or seven years ago, so had a vague idea, but in a strange place, I would have been up the proverbial creek without a paddle.
                                I did have my cds in the car, but NOT where I could reach them while driving! Grrr....So, plan your in car entertainment better than I did...I was stuck trying to find radio stations as I drove.
                                I cannot remember if 95 has tolls...I think mostly NOT, but it usually has nicely marked rest stops, which I find helpful, and some of my maps (I think the ones they give you at the welcome stops when you enter a state) have the rest stops marked on them. Often the rest stops have vending machines, which I like for diet cokes etc.
                                Good luck...and good luck with the presentation! Let us know how it goes! FF

Comment

Working...
                                X