modders Sun - Fri AF

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

modders Sun - Fri AF

Sure thing LG, added to the tally, woot. Tuesday is done and dusted for me too.

Comment

modders Sun - Fri AF

FAIL..... But don't count me out of this thread please gunna try again tonight.... Only had a few light beers and feel fine this morning but I am resolved to switch my routine up this evening and set a plan up..... Gotta get to work right now.....

CONGRATS TO ALL YOU WHO WERE SUCCESSFUL

PS, i briefly debated lying to you guys it was a very fleeting thought but was disappointed in myself for even letting the thought enter my mind......
      And it's hard to dance with a devil on your back so shake him off ~ Florence and the Machine

Comment

modders Sun - Fri AF

Aww, V...you will get there. I too had a fleeting thought of drinking the glass or two that's left in the bottle of wine I had this weekend and still saying I was AF, lol. I couldn't do it, and I didn't drink it. Aiming for another AF day today.

"I like people too much or not at all."
        Sylvia Plath

Comment

modders Sun - Fri AF

Hi all...

Just wanted to note that the great thing about chalking up our successes this way is that that is exactly what we get to do...note accomplishments, however minor they might seem to the world at large. And a few glasses of wine is certainly less poison in my body than all those martinis were! Thank you all for being here...I feel much less lonely in this little quest now, and I didn't even know I felt lonesome! How's THAT for selfawareness??? Off to the tooth dr....happy Wednesday everyone. Ff
          . "It is only with the heart that one can see clearly; that which is essential, is invisible to the eye.". Antoine de Saint-Exupery

Comment

modders Sun - Fri AF

FF - GOOD LUCK AT THE DENTIST
            And it's hard to dance with a devil on your back so shake him off ~ Florence and the Machine

Comment

modders Sun - Fri AF

no one is going to get kicked off this thread :H and no one should feel they have to lie! At the end of the day, we are doing this for ourselves ok?

Good luck at the dentist FF!

Comment

modders Sun - Fri AF

I had set some rules for myself on our other thread one being no drinking on weekdays before 5:30 and I did meet that goal last night....

Comment

modders Sun - Fri AF

V, every little victory counts, IMO ... Just the way unfortunately every calorie counts! So that'a few hours less And a few less liquor calories than you might have consumed by starting sooner.

Thanks for the good wishes re dentist...went well, thank goodness, but poor darling hubby was told to brush his teeth three times a day, come back in four months, and buy a sonic toothbrush! So off to Target we went, then out to lunch...

and I SO wanted to cave, to "celebrate," and very honestly, I think it was the thought of the sincere good wishes of all of you guys that kept me on the straight and narrow, and I ordered iced tea!!!! That is some sort of true First for me, as usually I take advantage of every opportunity to drink alcohol when I am NOT at home, given the parameters I have set for myself.

So, thank you all! FF
                  . "It is only with the heart that one can see clearly; that which is essential, is invisible to the eye.". Antoine de Saint-Exupery

Comment

modders Sun - Fri AF

Okay, dishwasher is doing its thing, and today has been another AF day for me...FF

Comment

modders Sun - Fri AF

Another for me too FF, good job!!

Sylvia Plath

Comment

modders Sun - Fri AF

oh fantastic work everybody. V, it's true, every little change that we make adds up to something much bigger, it all counts. Just postponing my drinking time really did help me to cut back on how much I drank, if you start early, it can get real easy to overdo it.

Wednesday was af for me too. I wonder how TMH is going?

Comment

modders Sun - Fri AF

Hi everyone,

We went out to dinner tonight, so this did not turn out to be an AF evening for me...the food was tasty! Hope everyone is doing OK... FF

Comment

modders Sun - Fri AF

It sounds like you had a nice evening FF. Finding the balance is what it's all about isn't it? and that's what you're doing. I hope everyone had a great modding Thursday, I almost caved but held it together, phew it was a close call though but the weekend is almost here and I can have a few then.

Comment

modders Sun - Fri AF

I'm back! Been on the road, left early Wed a.m., returned last night. Sister & I drove to northern MN to visit our brother. Had a wonderful time! Haven't seen each other since January & that was at our other brother's funeral. This time was for good times, lots of laughs. :danthin:

Wow! Everyone seems to be having a good week. :kudos: That is terrific. Fun to catch up to you, actually missed doing that, so must have missed you. :l

AF Update: I did drink on Tues, 2 gl of wine. They were large wine glasses but with the 5 oz serving bottle brought to table & poured in your glass. Everyone ordered different drinks so no bottles of wine. But.....even though Wed nite we went to see my nephew play in his band, I have been AF Wed & Thur. Personally, I think that's pretty good. Not perfect but better than before the challenge.

Now it's the weekend. Meeting ol' running friends at bar tonite. We all usually have 2 or 3, then dinner & leave, early night. Last January when we were home we did the same & I drank AF beer & had a good time. I just may do that tonite also. Tomorrow night is celebrating my son's b.d. and going to Gopher football game. Now to the best of my knowledge he is still AF. Besides, it will be cold and beer doesn't sound too good, more than likely will be hot chocolate! That's the start of the weekend.

TMH
                              The pain of discipline is less than the pain of regret.

Comment

modders Sun - Fri AF

I had one glass of wine last night, so not AF. Decided to finally drink that last glass left in the bottle. Can you say vinegar?:H I drank it anyway, so no excuses. Plan to get another bottle of this delicious red I found last weekend, this weekend.

:goodjob: Everyone!!

Sylvia Plath

Comment

Working...
                                X