November Mod Squad

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

November Mod Squad

Great Job lasha on your progress. It's all these smaller steps that build up into something much bigger over time and before you know it you're looking back and you can't even fathom how you used to drink so much.

FF, do you know who started the post? if you click on a person's name then click on "all posts started by user" you can scroll back through a list of their posts and try to find the right one, except if someone has started lots of posts it could take a while!

Have a great friday everyone, af for me tonight.

Comment

November Mod Squad

Hey, D
      Let me know how you like that book from Dr. Dode.

I have 9 new books I just bought that I haven't read (stuck on one that i cant finish but i am too stubborn, won't go to the next one until i finish this one!!!) and I have a list I'm planning on ordering from amazon soon, I'd love to add this one to that list if you guys think its a good one.
      Alcoholic (or Ally)

"Only a fool knows everything.
      A wise man knows how little he knows."

Please feel free to block/ignore my posts through your control panel.

Comment

November Mod Squad

V-- I like the name Winnie !!! That's a winner!
        Alcoholic (or Ally)

"Only a fool knows everything.
        A wise man knows how little he knows."

Please feel free to block/ignore my posts through your control panel.

Comment

November Mod Squad

Good morning/afternoon to all. :hug: Good job Lasha on tapering down. Dg is right, baby steps till you make it!

FF, I hope you do find that inspiring post. I would like to read it.

V, I love the name Winnie also! I hope you and dh had a nice evening with your new "daughter".

Hi D, Eve, Ally, dg and anyone I missed!! TGIF Everyone!!:illbeback:

"I like people too much or not at all."
          Sylvia Plath

Comment

November Mod Squad

Hi guys,

Not much time to post, plus our Internet is down, BUT...

great minds flow in the same channels: the post to which I was referring. , A Sober Christmas...No Way, by OneToo Many, has JUST been reposted in the starting out section by Lolab in response to a thread begun by CatBuddy, asking about Holiday Plans...

Once we get our Net back, I plan to print it out...in the meantime, now everyone knows where to read it!

as I said, it REALLY spoke to me...many thanks, One2Many, Lolab, CatBuddy, and all MWO members in general.... FFP
            . "It is only with the heart that one can see clearly; that which is essential, is invisible to the eye.". Antoine de Saint-Exupery

Comment

November Mod Squad

Good Morning all and a happy Friday to you.... sorry I have not been on much, I do get on and catch up on posts when I can, but just been busy at work then at home with pup, she is doing very well, recovering from her surgery still so we have not hit hard on the potty training but will over the weekend hopefully.... We took her for an adventure at pet smart last night for food, toys and treats, she seemed to really like the car ride and the store...

Not sure of my weekend plans outside of Pup, maybe hubby and I will just go to corner bar for dinner so we don't leave her alone long.

What about everyone else's plans....?
              And it's hard to dance with a devil on your back so shake him off ~ Florence and the Machine

Comment

November Mod Squad

oh it's so much fun having a pup in the house isn't it? When my shih was a pup I couldn't wait to get home to her.

FF I'll have to seek out that post and have a read

Comment

November Mod Squad

drinkingal;1404290 wrote:
                  FF, do you know who started the post? if you click on a person's name then click on "all posts started by user" you can scroll back through a list of their posts and try to find the right one, except if someone has started lots of posts it could take a while!
                  Once you find it, open it up as if you're going to read it. Go to the top where the url bar is and right click on your mouse and hit copy. Then create a post to us and right click on the mouse and hit paste and the address will come up for us to just click on and it will link us directly to the site.

My Christmas' used to be too tipsy too before I started moderating. Hated that and it seems to limit what you do and get done! AF is a much better idea or "very" controlled drinking to enjoy the whole experience. Hope you can find the post!

:l
                  Eve11
                  "Control your destiny or somebody else will"

~Jack Welsh~:h

God grant me the serenity to accept the people I cannot change, the courage to change the one I can, and the wisdom to know it's me. ~Author unknown, :thumbs:

Comment

November Mod Squad

Did I start all this sober xmas discussions? Good because I've ruined some by getting too drunk and next day wondering what happened.
                    Best ones I've had has been in moderation after all santa only comes once a year "don't miss it".
                    It's not what you drink, it's how much!

Comment

November Mod Squad

Actually, Lasha, great minds simply flow along similar lines...CatBuddy had posed a question about holiday plans at almost the exact same time you raised the question, which is how I ( technologically VERY challenged) even managed to fine the original post in the first place!

and, I think that for any of us questioning the place we want alcohol to have in our lives, the cultural acceptance in the Western world of booze as a part of celebrations in general is always going to give us pause for thought.

The only truly "safe" sort of celebration which comes to my mind is a birthday party where all the little guests are about five, and no mommies or daddies are invited! and, even then, the parents of the guest of honor often are looking forward to "celebrating" the departure of the little guests! LOL. FFP
                      . "It is only with the heart that one can see clearly; that which is essential, is invisible to the eye.". Antoine de Saint-Exupery

Comment

November Mod Squad

Hey everyone,

Hope you're all doing well and had a successful week-end with abstaining or moderating. Hard to believe all of these holidays are upon us already with Thanksgiving just around the corner and Christmas before we know it. Looking forward to hearing how everyone is doing. The monthly AF is up and running on the monthly mod site so hop on over anytime for if you need some encouragement or support.

*See* everyone soon!
                        Eve11

God grant me the serenity to accept the people I cannot change, the courage to change the one I can, and the wisdom to know it's me. ~Author unknown, :thumbs:

Comment

November Mod Squad

Last night I drank a bottle of wine - I just got told that my father is going to lose his left leg. He has not been told yet. I thought I was doing so well at sobriety till this call from the doctor. I feel so guilty, have held on so long. No excuses just so very sad for him, he was so insistent on maintaining his mobility.
                          "Life is what happens to you when you're busy making other plans" - John Lennon

Comment

November Mod Squad

Cashregister;1405868 wrote: Last night I drank a bottle of wine - I just got told that my father is going to lose his left leg. He has not been told yet. I thought I was doing so well at sobriety till this call from the doctor. I feel so guilty, have held on so long. No excuses just so very sad for him, he was so insistent on maintaining his mobility.
                            Cash,

This opportunity has given you a choice...a choice to make a You-turn! Just pick yourself up, give yourself credit for what you have accomplished and start doing what is right for YOU again. Remember that stress can cause bad choices but support and encouragement can help us to make the right ones. Just make a choice to make a U turn for YOU and your family that loves you!!

Eve11

Comment

November Mod Squad

Hey Guy's,

Sorry I was MIA pretty much this weekend, had a nice weekend with Pup.... but got awful stomach flu early Sunday and I still feel pretty crappy, at work but don't plan on staying much longer, not so much cause I feel so bad but I was soo ill yesterday I got nothing done.

I too am excited about the holidays and looking forward to enjoying them SOBER...... My son will be here for thanksgiving and I absolutely can not wait to see him, this is the longest he has ever been away from me in his life.... he seems just fine with it though having a blast.... He is a full member of his fraternity now and is loving it, he has been hang gliding and duck hunting, both things he has never done before.

Cash, really sorry to hear about you father and shake off that bottle, it is so easy to turn to during stress but we all know that, that kind of excessive drinking does not help A THING, causes more stress, anxiety and leaves you unable to cope to the best of your ability... easier said than done I know.....

Well hope everyone gets off to a great week...........
                              And it's hard to dance with a devil on your back so shake him off ~ Florence and the Machine

Comment

November Mod Squad

Hi Everyone. I'm off work today and tomorrow, and just getting ready to go to my first live auction. I hope we find some great stuff!

V, I'm sorry you've been ill, and I hope you make a full recovery soon. Glad you had fun with Winnie. Pets can give so much love and companionship. Sounds like your son is doing so well and enjoying his new life! You can relax now. Nice to be able to look forward to the holidays and a reunion.

Cashy, I'm so sorry to hear about your dad. I know it must be devastating to you and all of your family. I think you have a pretty strong mind and I doubt you will continue to drown your sorrows. Take care of yourself, and I'm just a PM away if you want to talk.

Hope everyone has a wonderful day. I'll check back in tonight.

"I like people too much or not at all."
                                Sylvia Plath

Comment

Working...
                                X