November Mod Squad

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

November Mod Squad

LG - A live auction that sounds sooooooooooo fun! Hubby and I went to local thrift store on Saturday and made out like bandits.... I love a good deal. Hope you find something good at the auction!
    And it's hard to dance with a devil on your back so shake him off ~ Florence and the Machine

Comment

November Mod Squad

Hi, All,

Checking in after a fun (though be it dubious sports-wise) weekend. Most of the hockey games I was scheduled to referee were cancelled, my Giants lost (and blew a 4th quarter lead) and my fantasy football team lost despite scoring the most I've scored any week this season!

That being said it was a good weekend. AF all weekend (though my Giants made me wish I were drinking!) and had a good time with wifey and the boys. Too bad it went by so quickly. But I'm taking off Friday (the boys have their shots, and I have a doc appt. of my own) so the week is a short one.

Have a great week modding!
      D
      Well the 1st are the hardest days don't you worry anymore.
      When life looks like easy street there is danger at your door.

Comment

November Mod Squad

Lg: oooo, live auction! How fun!
        Wish I could go! I have actually never been to one. I figure I'd look like a fool not knowing what to do

Cashy: sorry to hear about your dad. It's so hard to lose independence when you've had it all your life. We take our health for granted sometimes....I hope he pulls through and can still see positive side of life. He probably needs you and family more than ever right now...

V--sorry you've been I'll-- it's been going around-// wondering if its transmitted thru the MWO site??? Just kidding! My paranoid mind working and talking there for a minute. Do hope you feel better.

D from ct: you are a man of all talents. Sports and all, where do you have the energy?! Bottle some up and sell it to me!!! I'll pay anything for energy...(but no meth, cocaine, etc. one addiction is enough for me)

Anyway: good news!!! I found out no need for me to go to court today!!!! I guess I convinced all the attorneys it's a waste of time to put me up there bc I would claim testimonial privilege and confidentiality. Yeah!!!! I'm so relieved!
        Alcoholic (or Ally)

"Only a fool knows everything.
        A wise man knows how little he knows."

Please feel free to block/ignore my posts through your control panel.

Comment

November Mod Squad

Hi Modders,
          It has been quite a while since I have been here. Some of you may not know me or remember me but I wanted to pop in to see how everyone has been. My, this group has grown in leaps and bounds. There were very few here when I was around.

I have been doing well. Hubby is retired now and we have made a pact that we will continue to not drink M-F, just like we did when he was working. I will have 3 glasses of wine on Sat and 3 on Sun. I would like to cut that back as well. I enjoy it but don't like the extra calories. We go to the gym twice a day and work so hard that I feel I wipe it all away when I have those drinks. If I didn't get the munchies after drinking, I wouldn't be bothered by it, but I do.

Well, take care everyone and happy holidays.
          MM
          "What's so funny 'bout peace, love and understanding." Elvis Costello

Comment

November Mod Squad

MM - Glad to see you.......... the Gym twice a day YIKES - I have been going every weekday but drinking on weekends and I feel same way the calories aren't worth it but still Friday afternoon rolls around and that cold beer just calls for me.
            And it's hard to dance with a devil on your back so shake him off ~ Florence and the Machine

Comment

November Mod Squad

Hi Mighty Mite!

Nice to hear from you again...glad you are doing well with your modding, and enjoying your husband's retirement...thanks for keeping this part of the site alive and well, so it was here for us when we stumbled across it. FFP
              . "It is only with the heart that one can see clearly; that which is essential, is invisible to the eye.". Antoine de Saint-Exupery

Comment

November Mod Squad

Hi MM, FF, V, D, Al and anyone I missed! Just wanted to let you know that my mom's surgery went well. They had her sitting up in a chair today, as part of her therapy. Just hoping that she continues to do well.

Been AF since Sun, but had 5 AF days last week. I used to not drink on Sunday's but have lately because of golfing with bf. Friday was a bit too much--vodka, ugh. What possessed me? Thinking it was lower cals, lol...yeah I get it, V.

Not been in the mood to come in here today for some reason. Kind of depressing sometimes to see everyone's struggles on the board. I need to adjust my attitude and think of it as a positive thing that people are seeking help, and also be grateful that I can maybe help someone too.

Just kind of chilling tonight...been on FB and my Low Carb site...still working the diet, but seeing where I could make adjustments as well. Need to get on a fitness regimen too, but still not there yet.

Hope everyone is having a good day/evening!

LG

"I like people too much or not at all."
                Sylvia Plath

Comment

November Mod Squad

Hi everyone;

LG: I've been more down too I think it has to do w this shortened and darker days. The forum is a lot quieter, too. I was all manicky 3 weeks ago now I can hardly make myself post anything. At the rate I'm going, I'll probably be hibernating for a couple months before getting back on the forum again.

Hi, MM. I'm sure we've never met but its so good to see people coming back to say hi. I've been here only 3 weeks so I hope 3 years from now I will still be either active or be able to come back and say hi.

Ok. Today is my 14th wedding anniversary so we are supposed to go out to somewhere fancy where I MUST wear a dress! My gosh!!! It's the 21st century! We must be going to some pre-civil war restaurant or something. But anyways. Have a good night guys!

Hug. Xoxo
                  Alcoholic (or Ally)

Comment

November Mod Squad

Congratulations Ally!! I haven't worn a dress in years, lol. It will be nice though, and feminine. I hope I feel more comfortable in dresses when I lose weight. I hope you and dh have a wonderful, romantic dinner.

"I like people too much or not at all."
                    Sylvia Plath

Comment

November Mod Squad

Depression

First, I'm glad to see you are all doing well. I think I said this before, when I'm absent from the Board, it usually means things are going real well. I've been trying to kake more of an effort to get on when things are going well, but not doing a great job. So the title, this is a key difference between people like us, per say, and alcoholics.

So, I had a bad night and it caused me to slip into depression and drinking too much red wine. I have this gf, who is "seperated" but the two of them have this delusion they have a chance of maybe reconcling their marriage, more him than her, considering her and I are very intimate, even at her place, in their bed....I only bring that up to demonstrate how over this marriage is, they are not intimate at all. Anyway, she likes to keep our relationship secret in certain places, one place inparticular she likes to frequent where everyone knows her...So how did this start...

We disgaree on politics, so she was happy with the outcome of the election, personally, as I told her, I just hope this guy does the right thing and try and fix some of these messes, all I care about. So, we're sitting on this upscale, very liberal NYC bar and of course I am being chastised as the Conservative asshole that voted for Mitt Romney. On several occasions, people asked her, "Is this your husband," and she through it off like, "God no, just a friend." (paraphrased a little). Then I had to hear about this stupid trip (as she's talking to other people) her and her pathetic cukhold of a husband are going on to Ireland.

As you many of you know I was planning on running the NYC marathon, we all know what happened there. No worries, I have run it before and I found a marathon to run this weekend in Harrisburg, PA. The Philly marathon decided to re-open its registration up to a few thousand more runners this week, I think because of what happened in NYC, that marathon is the following weekend. So, she's saying, "Why don't you do that one instead?" (its a little more high profile) I actually would've liked that, but at this point, I just want to do this race, those that have trained know what I'm talking about. I am going to sound kind of mean here now, but her husband ran the Chicago marathon. His a few years younger than me, and in my opinion, had an embarassing time at 4:15 (I was looking at a 3:35 to 3:45 in NYC, much harder course, Chi is very, very flat). Yes, that's being kind of competive, and maybe childish, but that is how men are. So, I have to hear about this pathetic marathon showing. OH, please don't let my comments offend you or scare you if you're thinking of running a marathon, this has to do more with me and my situation, than how fast you can finish a race.

So between being told what a conservative asshole I am, the rampant Obama cheers, hearing about trips, etc., and how this is just my friend, and a bartender that pours heavy. I drank way too much red wine and simply sunk deeper and deeper into depression. Which is odd for me, because drinking when depressed is not something I normally do. When I am depressed, I usually just lock myself in my apartment and don't come out. I think because I was there, and bored, and had well, nothing else to do. I remember I even gave the hostess my business card, I was respectful about, but simply, because I was bored. I really don't care if my gf finds out, it's not like I would doing anything if this other women called, I was simply bored, sad and lonely - I would even tell her that if it came up.

So, of course I am depressed today and feel like an utter failure. Things were going so well. On top of that, I kind of knew this would happened. Every time I meet her there, I start to feel like shit running this charade. I don't know what I was thinking drinking wine.

We're supposed to have dinner tonight, and I really don't want to. She may not either, I could tell she was starting to get annoyed.

I just feel like a terrible person and stupid, meaning why did I put myself in this situation. I think I kind of know why, I wanted to see her.

Anyway, I rambled enough. And on top of that, I feel even more terrible, because like I said, I tend to be really absent on the Board when things are good, hence a terrible friend to all of you....

this is one of those days well, whatever....

j.

Comment

November Mod Squad

Oh, Stewarts, I am so sorry you had such a TERRIBLE evening...one unpleasant thing on top of another! Plus ghastly weather, to boot. I hope by now you are feeling a little more chipper...sending you positive thoughts. FFP
                        . "It is only with the heart that one can see clearly; that which is essential, is invisible to the eye.". Antoine de Saint-Exupery

Comment

November Mod Squad

ally, congrats on your fourteenth wedding anniversary! Good for you both.
                          LG, glad to hear your mom is doing ok...I'm sure it means a lot to her that you were able to be with her for a bit, and also it probably cheers her up that you are in a pretty good place career wise and with your health, as well.
                          Happy Thursday, everyone! FFP

Comment

November Mod Squad

First things first, hello MM! Glad to see a post from you.

To Stewarts, yes...posting can be a strange thing and don't worry about being a good or bad friend. We all take away a little something from the various posts and when one of us isn't here, it seems someone else is here to fill the gap so the board goes on and on...and like a bad soap opera :H we can usually pick up right where we left off.

I go in spurts too. When life is busy and things are good it can be hard to come here when it's all good news. And if I've had a struggle, it can be hard to come here and share that. With moderating, I have had quite a few people say coming here to post amounts and put effort into their "thinking about drinking" becomes something they just don't want to do and often times they just go live there life and don't come back to share how things are going. It's all a very personal thing. But the good part is there are no rules...we can come and go as we like and usually there's an old friend to welcome us back into the fold or many new ones anxious to get to know us.

It's all good.

:l
                            Eve11
                            "Control your destiny or somebody else will"

~Jack Welsh~:h

God grant me the serenity to accept the people I cannot change, the courage to change the one I can, and the wisdom to know it's me. ~Author unknown, :thumbs:

Comment

November Mod Squad

F and Eve thanks. I'm still feeling kind of crappy. My ex-wife emailed me to see if I was ok. I txted her last night how much I wanted to die or something to that effect because of this.

I haven't hear from gf yet, which is fine...I need some space. I also left my phone home by accident, so maybe she tried texted me. It's funny, I even told her this once, anything that bad happens between us is 90% of the time rooted in hearing about her husband or I'm at a place with her doing this charade, and its usually this same spot...I remember even telling her, I think we should not meet at places where we have to pretend...in the beginining, it was ok, I wasn't expecting, either of us, for that matter, to fall in love with each other.

I'm probably not going to contact her, one, I'm sure she's going to find some fault with me in this, which I don't want to hear...I know what happened....I was sad, depressed, was tired of being treated like "just some guy I know" who is stupid and has "bad political views." Some schmuck, basically...So, I took liberty wtih wine, because, I simply stopped caring about myself at that point.

Oh, I remember another thing. She's from Ohio and a big Ohio State fan. I'm from NY, went to a small private college, I don't have any of the collegiate football spirit or connections people that went to big schools have, that you see on TV. Only saying that, because I am very indifferent as to what happens in the world of OSU football, and really don't care about the Michigan OSU rivalry. I am a big sports fan though and love to watch football, so I started getting into with her, its something we can share. So, the bartender asks her if he can bring X, who happens to have the same name as me, to wherever they want to see the OSU Michi game in a few weeks, she responds with a condescending, "Him?" He answers, "No, my friend, X, you met once, he went to OSU" She was like, "Absolutely, as for X (me) he's only allowed to say four things if he watches a game with me." ?!?!? (which is true, sadly....bad call, OH, IO and Go buckeyes)....Unlike poltics, I have no allegience to ANY big sports school... I live and grew up in NYC, which is a pro sports town.... with that said, I have no ill will toward any big college sports team...I just have no connection, its not how I hate the NJ Devils... Your my gf, why would I not support your team? which I do. It's hurtful, its like I'm the little kid that has to sit in the corner with his mouth shut...Oh, why I can't talk....I can watch sports ojectively, even my own teams, so I can be like, "Damn, he shouldn't of thrown that" or "Yes, that was pass interefence." Can't do that with her...she like to watch these games with an uber biase...which is fine, but .... whatever...I am taking up space for people with real problems...if this is the problems of my life, it's not so bad.... I am really sad right now, I think the alcohol last night has a lot to do with it.... Thank you all for listening as usual....

Eve, it's funny, I almost did NOT post today because I didn't want to deal with it, just get through the day...I'm glad I did though.

Oh, the whole reason why I wanted to see her, which she is dreading, because she thinks its something stupid, I got her a present the other day. One of my business partners had a birthday party for his three year old daughter at build-a-bear...so I made a bear for her. So I txted, I got your belated birthday present, shes like really? and my only hint was it was at a three-year olds bday party, which her response was "Oh god!" I want it to be a surprise, but I think she thinks its plastic jewlery or something...

Again sorry.... this is like therapy I guess...I know why has happened and I have to take better care of myself and be cognizant...

Comment

November Mod Squad

Hi, Stewart, FFP, FF, LG, V, D, Eve,Mm, ACT,SAT, EKG, GOP (just checking to see if you guys are all reading here . )

Stewart: hello. Good to meet you. Sorry to hear about your bad night w your gf. How long have you two been together? Sounds like you have deep feelings for her. Was she drunk that night when she was so dismissive? I know I had been rude to my husband plenty of times in public and in private when drunk and I am ashamed of it, of course. I hope things get better between you two.

And FFP's sending you good vibes, Stewart, that's good, because when she last sent me good vibes, things turned out great for me!!!! FFP, you just need to go to Vegas, girl! I'm going on Dec 1, come join me or send me some of your good vibes!!!

LG: how are things going? I really envy your job. Is your mom getting better day by day? You are being such a good daughter.

Well, winter blues coming in and depression is rampant. Just look across the board we see depression, anxiety, aches, and pains. But we have each other, guys and gals.

Had a great anniversary dinner. But did have a couple drinks. Hopping back on the wagon today though!!!

Hang in there. Xoxo
                                Alcoholic (or Ally)

Comment

Working...
                                X