New supplements to help moderate?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

paulywogg;1446538 wrote: hi cleo,for some reason l-glute gave me some scary anxiety too i felt like i was having a stroke! its not for us i guess too bad cuz it seems to help alot of people
    This was exactly my experience with GABA ! I thought I was having a stroke

They have been a terrific Supp for me . I've been out for about two weeks (foolishly ) and I have slipped and felt awful...

This new life really is a daily, vigilante, mindful expedition

:l
    On My Own Way Out Since May 20, 2012
    *If you think poorly of yourself, you can fail with a clear conscience.
    https://www.mywayout.org/community/f11/tool-box-27556.html tool box
    https://www.mywayout.org/community/f19/newbies-nest-30074.html newbie nest

Comment

Oops! I mean logout worked great for me but thought was disappointed about the GABA , I did find other ways to reduce the anxiety ...mainly completely sequestering myself in my room with Netflix and a mug of mint tea!!

Topa worked well for cravings in the beginning btw. Too many SE' s though for me in the end.

Comment

DAMN THIS AUTO CORRECT!!

:hateputer:

L-Glut!!

Comment

I'm going into my bedroom with my tea and switch on Netflix...

Comment

Stewart's - great info about the cleanse. I have been drinking unsweetened cranberry juice mixed with water before I go out. It is good for detoxing and helps me to not want to drink. I might try the cleanse.

Kradle - GABA did not work for me either. I seem to have the opposite reaction to most supplements that are supposed to be calming. I read that could be due to adrenal fatigue. I just started taking Holy Basil to help with anxiety. So far no adverse reactions!

Comment

Cleo, cranberry juice has been known for a long time to be a good anti-oxidant. However, there is a ton of sugar in cranberry juice, it's good you've been able to find unsweetened cranberry juice. Also, orange juice, even with all the vitamins is loaded with sugar. As for the cleanse, I think it is working, I definitely feel a lot better and I'm having an easier time getting to bed. You really don't have to alter your diet too much, obviously the less processed stuff you stay away from the better, you can even drink if you want, just keep to moderation, or actually less than moderation, I haven't been drinking personally, for about a week now.

Even though I've been feeling much better, I had an appointment with my psychologist today, who said I should still consider going back on some meds, so I am seeing the psychatrist later today as well. I think I will, not sure what yet, but we'll see, I have an idea, probably welbutrin.

Comment

yeah i really dont want to be on some medication everyday for something i only crave once in awhile,it was mainly getting over that bump of daily drinking out of habit,now a alcohol craving is more like a craving for pizza or chocolate,a little here and there,the whole getting healthier and fitter is a great craving killer
                I have too much shit to do today and tomorrow to drink:sohappy:

I'm taking care of the "tomorrow me":thumbsup:
                Drinkin won't help a damn thing! Will only make me sick for DAYS and that ugly, spacey dumb feeling-no thanks!

Comment

So, I'm on 8 days of not drinking, and whatever I'm doing I really don't have the desire. I have a hockey game tonight, and there's nothing like beers after the game, but its so late tonight, I don't think I'll have a hard time resisting. I was on an ok date Friday, she says she doesn't see anytning happened, quite honestly, neither did I, I just liked the fact she skied, or claimed to. Anyway, I think the fact I didn't join her for a glass of wine had a lot to do with it, and she even accused me of giving up alcohol for lent an "easy cop out" meaning an easy "thing" to give up for lent, like not swearing....I thought that was very presumtious and ridiculous...her rationale being its cold out and people don't want to go out...(wow, maybe I did dodge a big bullet here)...

Anyway, second week into the cleanse, still doing it. My weight is fine, I'll admit, I haven't been eating as well this week...my weight has stablized a llittle bit. I have a hockey game tonight so that will help sweating out food impurities....

I haven't been in the mood to drink, which could just be my mood, but perhaps the cleanse is playing a role. I went to my club and went running on Wednesday (private snooty club... :-) Anyway, its hard not to get a drink here...one, its very much part of the social scene, two, getting completely stupid is frowned upon, so people tend to be in control, however, you're friends and can at times tend to drink, well, perhaps you have one or two more, maybe three more than you want to...:-) I was fine with nothing, I drank two club sodas....which also gave me further evidence for another theory of mine, but not for this post.. :-)

Comment

Stewart's- sounds like you did dodge a bullet. Keep looking the right person will come along! I am trying to give up alcohol for Lent and it is not easy. I do fine until Sat when I am out with friends or after playing tennis. Why do sports always lead to going out and drinking??

Good job with the cleanse. I am still drinking unsweetened cranberry juice daily. It's my new favorite cocktail. Plus working out more. I having been taking Holy Basil supplements for 4 days. It has been helping a ton with anxiety and giving me an overall good feeling so I have much less desire to drink.

Comment

Alcoholic;1433308 wrote: Cleo:

how long was your success w kudzu and l glutamine?

I've been on l glutamine (kudzu not as regularly) for 3 months and it seems to help a lot, but I'm hoping that it won't stop working......
                      Ally,

Do you take L-Glut daily and if so how much or do you take it on drinking days only. If so, same question, what amount?

Thanks in advance. Hugs to you!

:l
                      Eve11
                      "Control your destiny or somebody else will"

~Jack Welsh~:h

God grant me the serenity to accept the people I cannot change, the courage to change the one I can, and the wisdom to know it's me. ~Author unknown, :thumbs:

Comment

Adrenaline

Cleo63;1466893 wrote: Stewart's- sounds like you did dodge a bullet. Keep looking the right person will come along! I am trying to give up alcohol for Lent and it is not easy. I do fine until Sat when I am out with friends or after playing tennis. Why do sports always lead to going out and drinking??

Good job with the cleanse. I am still drinking unsweetened cranberry juice daily. It's my new favorite cocktail. Plus working out more. I having been taking Holy Basil supplements for 4 days. It has been helping a ton with anxiety and giving me an overall good feeling so I have much less desire to drink.
                        I think the alcohol after sports is adrenaline. It does feel OHHHH so good. I know I've said this before, some of the biggest drinkers I know are runners, and wouldn't know it by looking at their physique.

So I am on day 11. I'm not keeping a ticker, and was going to make a post day 11, because I'm sick of counting, but I'll make this my post. I meant some friends last night, they had beers, I had nothing. I may go meet up with some people now, which I have no desire to drink. I may watch the Rangers game later with a friend, that would be the biggest temptation, but like I said, I'm kind of like..."eh". My weight goals as stated have stabilized a little, that has to do more with diet than anything else, not only what I ate this week, but the times, that's ok though. I am at the upper echelon of what I call my "desired weight".

It's a crappy day here in NYC, let me see if I can do something though... :-)

j.

Comment

Working...
                        X