March AF - a beginning

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

March AF - a beginning

Hey nonamegirl, I think you said you have a race on Saturday 3/24/13 ~ tomorrow and I wanted to wish you well! I hope you have a great time... You are a true inspiration darlin' :h

LOL! I just realized that this is a MODERATION thread! My apologies, though I do support you all whatever your path/choices are...I thought I was 'signing on' to a Alcohol Free March commitment. Ay, I am hopeless....

All the best gang! P.
    "People, even more than things, have to be restored, renewed, revived, reclaimed, and redeemed; never throw out anyone."

? Audrey Hepburn, Actress and Philanthropist :heart:

Comment

March AF - a beginning

Persephone1;1481819 wrote: Hey nonamegirl, I think you said you have a race on Saturday 3/24/13 ~ tomorrow and I wanted to wish you well! I hope you have a great time... You are a true inspiration darlin' :h

LOL! I just realized that this is a MODERATION thread! My apologies, though I do support you all whatever your path/choices are...I thought I was 'signing on' to a Alcohol Free March commitment. Ay, I am hopeless....

All the best gang! P.
      Oh Persephone,

You're not hopeless...you're endearing and funny. Never any problem coming into the mod forum because guess what? If you had a drink, you're accepted, if you want a drink, you're accepted! It's laid back and nonjudgmental here! Best to you friend:l

Eve11
      "Control your destiny or somebody else will"

~Jack Welsh~:h

God grant me the serenity to accept the people I cannot change, the courage to change the one I can, and the wisdom to know it's me. ~Author unknown, :thumbs:

Comment

March AF - a beginning

Hi!
        Persephone! Thanks for the good wishes for the race. It went very well, even though there was two inches of snow on the ground, more falling, and ice on the road. But I made it, and didn't fall. Not even once. Hurray! And Persephone, my friend, I DID start this thread as an alcohol free thread. My goal was to get through all of March with no alcohol, and so far, so good. It has not been easy, not at all. But we're making it, aren't we?

Eve11, thanks for always adding your sweet words. Your encouragement is always so uplifting.

Some of you might remember that I have been dealing with depression this month, pretty black and ugly. Saw my doc, and the only new drug she could recommend had side effects which sounded worse than what I was dealing with. I talked to her about how when I could have a glass or two of wine the depression was not anywhere near as bad, and she agreed that if self-medication works, AS LONG AS I AM CAREFUL, she would support me in handling my depression that way. AND, I have spoken also to my sweet husband, and he also is willing to help me moderate.

I will be depending on all of you mightily, once I am off my 30 day AF, (it might be longer... this week I am feeling really really good.) I will keep up logging on DrinkTracker, and after March my color is changing from yellow to green, whether or not I start trying to moderate. My heart says I can. My brain says I can.

Thank you all again for all the help you send out, to me and to everyone. This is quite a group. I love you guys.:l

Comment

March AF - a beginning

Yay, I'm gonna stay connected then...

Eve11 ~ I feel enveloped in your warmth and loveliness, thank you :l

nonamegirl ~ are you taking any supplements for your depression? Or tried any alternative therapies? Lots of stuff to share with you re: both of these topics if you're interested, just let me know, k? And AWESOME job on the race (and not slipping/falling!), I think that is amazing! :yougo:

Hiya Pauly, Lasha and Stewarts...howz everyone doin'?

Hope your Sunday is splendid. P.
          "People, even more than things, have to be restored, renewed, revived, reclaimed, and redeemed; never throw out anyone."

Comment

March AF - a beginning

Persephone1;1482263 wrote: Eve11 ~ I feel enveloped in your warmth and loveliness, thank you :l

Persephone,
            In my last post to you I said If you had a drink, you're accepted, if you want a drink, you're accepted! It's laid back and nonjudgmental here! Best to you friend
            In your case being you're a happy AFer then I will say "If you don't have a drink you're accepted. :H :welcome: to our mod board and you can hang with us here anytime.

I too have been reading a lot of info on health and wellness. Just watched a fab movie called "Food Matters". They were talking about a situation of a severely depressed woman who the naturopathic doctor put on Niacin pills and it completely took her depression away. It was a higher dose than average so the medical doctor got concerned and talked the family into stopping it. The pt went back to being severely depressed again. I'd be happy to hear your thoughts regarding any of this. We also have a holistic health section at MWO so feel free to posts thoughts there as well and share your knowledge with others who are looking for healthier options of taking care of themselves other than pharmaceutcals.

Hello everyone here. nonamegirl, you are doing awesome and looks like you are getting a lot of support on your 30 day AF challenge. Hugs to all.
            Addendum: Wanted to add this link and paulywogg, you have posted since I wrote this so take a look and see if you get a pearl of wisdome from it! http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=4ZPRNTjrrbY[/video]]Nutritional Links to Depression and Mental Illness - YouTube

:l
            Eve11

God grant me the serenity to accept the people I cannot change, the courage to change the one I can, and the wisdom to know it's me. ~Author unknown, :thumbs:

Comment

March AF - a beginning

i feel depressed but only sometimes,id hate to go on meds for something i only feel sometimes,i think docs prescribe pills when maybe were just eating crap,not exercising,missing out on some vitamin,i dont know,maybe being a long time alkie we just forgot how to be in tune with feelings,i know i did
              I have too much shit to do today and tomorrow to drink:sohappy:

I'm taking care of the "tomorrow me":thumbsup:
              Drinkin won't help a damn thing! Will only make me sick for DAYS and that ugly, spacey dumb feeling-no thanks!

Comment

March AF - a beginning

I went on meds again about a month ago. I started getting to real dark places, and this is not AL related at all... AL would however, just make me more morose.

Anyway, a lot of can do with the seasons and sunlight as well, and how active you are....a lot of people aren't as active in the winter, so it's not uncommon for depression to kick in more.

Look at it like a cold, or a flu...would you take something for that?

Anyway, back to work.

j.

Comment

March AF - a beginning

Just a quick 'pop-in', promise to get back re: the depression convo. I am freakin' out a bit...my doc thinks I have Rheumatoid Arthritis and I find out via blood tests on Wed. It could be that, it could be worse. Dunno? Whatever it is, I KNOW my drinking and smoking have contributed. I've done this to myself and I am shakin' in my boots. Just wanted to ask for some support and good thoughts. Will probably check in again tomorrow. Sorry for the rant and run...P.

Comment

March AF - a beginning

Persephone,:l:h:l. You are much in my thoughts that you get good news back from the tests.

I want everyone to know that I am leaving the site for awhile. My husband has to go home to take care of his folks, and I have decided to go with him. I will check in if I can find a computer, but you may not hear from me for awhile. Should be back in a couple weeks...

Until then, thank you all for all your support during my March af. You folks are the very best.

Comment

March AF - a beginning

Persephone1,
                      It is my belief that most of our ailments are caused by what we eat, even more so than what we smoke or drink although those 2 vices are big negatives as well. Our bodies want to maintain an alkaline environment to be healthy and most bad foods that we eat (and yes alcohol too) are acidic and put us into an acidic state. I will pull up some utubes on maintaining a proper alkaline state but for now will share this video to make an anti-inflammatory smoothie for arthritis. You just may find symptoms will decrease when you start taking in the right foods.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=0QMCo7M8-ZE[/video]]Arthritis Reversal Smoothie from Blend It and Mend It! - YouTube

nonamegirl,
                      Dang, we'll miss you. Stay strong in your 30 day committment and when you find a computer come back and share how you're doing. Remember, it's all one day at a time.

:l
                      Eve11

Comment

March AF - a beginning

Hi Eve11, thanks for the link. I added to my library and actually had all the ingredients except the blender ~ the most important part, lol! I have been researching this disease and KNOW that diet is paramount. There are so many natural anti~inflammatory foods/spices there for the taking. My food intake will now drastically have to change, regardless of the diagnosis. Life lesson 5,472! Appreciate your input. Will check in tomorrow after my appt. P.

Comment

March AF - a beginning

Hi Gang,

nonamegirl, sorry to hear that you're leaving for a bit...hope all is well with u and your family...all the best. Thanks for the :l and well wishes...back at ya

Eve11 ~ blood test are all good...now x~ray and possibly MRI of my neck. Still, I feel a bit relieved. Haven't been to the doc in a long time with blood work, I was nervous to say the least. I am relieved to be opening myself to doctors and care. My cholesterol is a bit high, but I opted to try radically changing my diet before going to meds for it. Anyway, I appreciate all of your support. Still no 'clean bill of health' but progress is good. Other really good news as well and feeling strong, thus the avatar change...thank you Spring!

Hello rest of the gang...How's everyone doing?

Comment

March AF - a beginning

HI, All,

Persephone, I am glad you are getting some good results back, and will continue to hope for that clean bill of health. So important!

I am back. Is anyone going to start an April moderation thread? Or have I missed it in my cursory glance? I am really going to work the moderation bit. Control is good, if I can do it. I believe I can, we'll see.

Comment

March AF - a beginning

nonamegirl;1486607 wrote: Persephone, I am glad you are getting some good results back, and will continue to hope for that clean bill of health. So important!

I am back. Is anyone going to start an April moderation thread? Or have I missed it in my cursory glance? I am really going to work the moderation bit. Control is good, if I can do it. I believe I can, we'll see.
                              Hi nonamegirl,

I'm guessing Eve is who usually starts the monthly thread. However, I suppose you could start it, especially if you have something related you'd like to share. I'd title it "April Monthly Moderation" to eliminate some of the confusion from last month. Good luck with your moderating.

Comment

March AF - a beginning

Hi Nonamegirl,

Yeh get it started, I like to browse the mod section daily and there's not been a lot of posts lately.

Lasha
                                It's not what you drink, it's how much!

Comment

Working...
                                X