Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Snowflake's Chance in Hell

Tawny-

I should have known when I saw "Snowflake's Chance in Hell" it had to be my favorite frog! My pond is always open to you, my dear! I really do have one, ya know! Hub says I'm the only woman he knows who gets her kicks by putting on my rubber boots and going out and slopping around in the mud.

Tis a far stronger woman than me, and good for you, who can moderate! I don't doubt you a bit. I actually envy you! I just can't - moderate, that is.

For the longest time I missed using my nice chrystal high ball, martini, old fashioned glasses and my different wine goblets. Now I use them for what ever I am drinking. Except milk that is. That's a little gross. :yuk:

Anyway, hats off to ya! Enjoy! And see ya around the pond!

Best
    "It wasn't all I wanted, but all I could stand!":bigwink: Alcohol free since April 8, 2008

Comment

I had a ale the other day and after I thought...."What a waste of calories"!

It just works better for me with 0.
      I wish I were different and more like our Froggy....
      "Be still and know that I am God"

Psalm 46:10

Comment

Tawnyfrog, Thanks for the hope. What's your history? Keke

Comment

Tfrog, I am beyond jealous that you can moderate, and really don't want to rule it out absolutely for myself, but I MUST operate (for now) on the assumption that I can't, ever ever. And one of the attractions of being completely AF, for me, is that if I simply do not drink, I can scratch it out as an option and quit thinking about it. Get it off my radar. When I "moderate," then every occasion becomes a do-I-don't-I choice. I consciously weigh the decision to drink or not, then decide, "okay, just one glass, two TOPS," then feel that inevitable tug on the psyche of, "ohhhhh, okay, just PART of a third glass," and many of us know what comes after that! Bye-bye bottle, and then if someone opens another..."well, fine, so I blew it this one teeny tiny time, so what? Tomorrow I'll start again." Then tomorrow the memory of how delicious that wine was roars back stronger than ever. That's ME (and many of us) and I don't see that changing any time soon.
          Jane Jane

Comment

moderation is , is possible. you have to catch yourself early though, 'cause if you have already hit that point where you are out of control with the booze; passing out, blacking out, waking up every morning with a hangover or being a weekend binger, it's not going to be easy to moderate.

The key is to be aware that alcohol is a poison that in small doses if you are a healthy individual and I mean mentally and physically you can manage it.

If not, you are better off not messing with the stuff. it's like anything that might be considered fun but dangerous.
            you wouldn't jump on a motorcycle and ride off without knowing how to ride it .
            or grab a hot pot without a pot holder right kids?
            You can't turn a pickle into a cucumber

Comment

I think it's possible for some, and for others it is not. I do not think I'd have a chance without the aids of topa and perhaps the other aspects of this program. I'm curious to know if RJ and her friend "Brenda" that's mentioned in the book ever follow up with their own updates on this forum?
              Fran15
              "You never know what you can do until you have to do it."
              Betty Ford

Comment

I like this post a lot!

Comment

Working...
                X