April Mod Squad

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

April Mod Squad

Oh, Lash, what a wonderful revelation! Aren't you kind of glad that happened? Sure was an eye opener. You know we talk a lot about our drinking, however, look at our intentions. To get control IF WE CAN. I, for one, think I can. I had not shared with dh my plan for this week, nor does he know now. When he returns, I will and I am going to ask for his support. And I wouldn't be one bit surprised if he joins me, but he does not have to. In this case, it is all about me

Freethinker - oh, I am so sorry for the loss of your beloved cat. I am not a cat lover (allergic), however, my sister is and right after we lost a brother, one of her cats died and she sunk into a depression that had to be treated. Short lived, but nonetheless it was that serious. So, again I understand through her pain, and I am so sorry.

Again, small dose sleeping pill needed last night but then ended up sleeping in. I do not feel quite right, and do not know if it's toxins leaving or a cold or both. I do have a cough which just shows up at night and right when I get up. Good news is and this is what I remember from other AF stints - clearer, smoother skin, brighter eyes. At my age, huge plus! :H

Have a fabulous Friday!

TMH
    The pain of discipline is less than the pain of regret.

Comment

April Mod Squad

so sorry about your cat free,losing an animal is heartbreaking not having them around the house anymore feels empty,especially when your so close to them,i have a dog whose basically my shadow he follows me everywhere,sorry again for your loss
      I have too much shit to do today and tomorrow to drink:sohappy:

I'm taking care of the "tomorrow me":thumbsup:
      Drinkin won't help a damn thing! Will only make me sick for DAYS and that ugly, spacey dumb feeling-no thanks!

Comment

April Mod Squad

freethinker;1491163 wrote:

For anyone who's a cat (or dog) lover and has been through this, you know it's like losing a member of the family. I've been through it several times. Here's my posting on TheCatSite

Moxie- My Golden Boy is Gone
        freethinker,

My heart aches for you and yours as I am such a pet lover too. I also have had a couple of over the top special cats (like Moxie was to you) so I really am empathetic and understand the total heartbreak. These words are for you. May you read them and be strong in the fact that even though time does help to heal wounds, sometimes it's a bit%* going through it!

Until one has loved an animal,
        a part of one's soul remains unawakened.
        -Anatole France

Here for you.
        p.s. Loved your poem and picture. Correction: pictures! I didn't scroll down far enough because when you said where you and Moxie were in the photo an hour before, I thought "Moxie looks like a little kitten!" LOL. Then I saw the second one. You did grow up together!! 16 years is a long time. Sorry once again for your loss and thanks for sharing.
        :l
        Eve11
        "Control your destiny or somebody else will"

~Jack Welsh~:h

God grant me the serenity to accept the people I cannot change, the courage to change the one I can, and the wisdom to know it's me. ~Author unknown, :thumbs:

Comment

April Mod Squad

Hi FT, I'm a dog man myself but still fond of cats and couldn't bear it if anything happened to my Cocker spaniel, so sorry for you.

Hi TMH, I was thinking all the time drinking those 7 drinks if I'd feel rough the next day, boy was I right and yes I'm glad it happened. My wife said I looked rough the next morning not my usual clear skin and bright eyes so I think you're right.

What a grand life retiring in Florida, golfing in sunny weather with a lovely social life, shame bad old Mr AL's trying to ruin it. Forgot to ask you what's your handicap? Cause it's going to get better now.
          It's not what you drink, it's how much!

Comment

April Mod Squad

Hi guys! Well, it's weekend and I was not AF last night. I waited and waited and thought about it and did end up fixing a drink to watch the last hour of The Masters. Because we just pour, I measured it using 1/4 c. (2 oz and a lot less). Then I had 2 glasses of wine, measured, 5 oz. Had an 8:15 tee time. Man, I almost wish I could say I played badly, felt bad. Not. Today is the 1st day I have felt good all week. Dang. Doesn't mean I'm going back to daily drinking.

Lash, you are so right, I do have a grand life. My husband's retirement party was built around the theme "Life is Good". I'm a fairly new golfer. Never picked up a golf club until we built here, been playing 4 yrs. We have just lived here full-time 1.5 yrs so back in MN it was just summers unlike here in Paradise. alm: My handicap is 26. Tues I shot a 98; Thurs a 99, today a 97. Do you play? Scotland, of course you do.

Well, tomorrow was supposed to be golf, then potluck over at friends to watch the Masters. Wife just canceled the potluck as her husband is in hospital. Here is the change of plans and this is what life is like almost daily. "I am forwarding this email to you regarding the activities at the club on "Masters Sunday". We will all meet after our tee times at the club and enjoy the free food, special drinks and watch the Masters with all of our other friends." $2 drinks. named after PGA golfers. Not complaining or bragging, just saying...................when you get warned about how retirement is, believe it.

TMH

Comment

April Mod Squad

hi Modders
              I am scared. Two, maybe three nights ago I accidentally got drunk. The next day I had a hangover. That night I didn't have or want anything. Today I got really scared about something - something scary happened - won't go into what got me nervous, but I could feel my heart beating and I was panting a teeny bit. Tonight I had one beer to see if it would help with the panic. It didn't actually. What helped was doing a meditation and watching my TV show.
              I don't really feel like drinking anymore. All of a sudden it seems yucky to me. I was getting up to 5 or 6 drinks a night. Well, or two or four some nights.
              I am a nervous person. I always worry about bad things happening. Did I ruin my health forever? Will I have horrible withdrawals? Should I have a beer every 2 days so my system isn't shocked?
              So I guess I am scared and horrified about everything.
              L

Comment

April Mod Squad

Lila,

I have sent you a p.m.

Hang in there my friend.

:l
                Eve11
                "Control your destiny or somebody else will"

~Jack Welsh~:h

God grant me the serenity to accept the people I cannot change, the courage to change the one I can, and the wisdom to know it's me. ~Author unknown, :thumbs:

Comment

April Mod Squad

Thanks Eve! I messaged back, but since I'm using my phone what I wrote is mixed in with what you wrote, you'll see. Also emails don't find their way to me.

Comment

April Mod Squad

And let me share, modders. Later last night I made some chamomile tea. My daughter saw and kind of blinked. She is used to me with a beer in the evenings. Although I've really liked to fuzz out evenings, I really loved being sober, clear headed.

Comment

April Mod Squad

Hi TMH, I've had elevated liver enzymes a few times and I totally agree with eve's earlier post that there are lots of reasons it happens. The first time it happened was years ago and I was only drinking a handful of times a year, but each time my LFTs have come back abnormally high, it's correlated with a jump in my cholesterol levels and improving my diet brought the liver enzymes back down. We always think it's alcohol doing it, but sometimes it can be diet or other health issues that cause it too. good luck with your next lot of tests, and good job on your af days.

Comment

April Mod Squad

Hi, all,
                        I am still here. And I am really trying to work the program of modding. Had two glasses of wine Friday night, nothing Saturday night, two glasses of wine last night and a quick scotch. The quick scotch made me feel like I was slipping, so I am really going to make sure that doesn't happen again. I plan on making it until Friday AF.

Free, I am so sorry about your lovely pet. Our critters are part of us, and we never ever forget them. We simply live on different time-lines... and though it hurts so very much to lose them, we wouldn't want to live without them, either.

Eve, I think it was you who said once where we modders can keep track of our intake, without using the DrinkTracker... but I can't find it. Would you mind repeating it for slow old me? Thanks!

Comment

April Mod Squad

Checking in after weekend. Dh arrived home safely; we had great fun with friends yesterday. And I had a nudge. By that I mean we came in after golf, everybody ordered drinks and I ordered water. After everyone had finished one, I kept thinking what do I want? And there was really nothing appealing to me, and I should have listened to that. Instead, I did order a glass of wine. But did not have too much, 3 total from mid afternoon through evening. Felt happy this a.m. that it was Monday and plan to be AF.

Hi Lila, hope you are feeling better. That panicky feeling is awful, isn't it? About a year ago there was some discussion on Amoryn (for depression) and Seredyn for anxiety. I have only tried the Seredyn, and it's wonderful. I take it occasionally. Bottle states "can be taken occasionally but for sustained relief of chronic or frequent worry and stress, take one or two capsules 2-3x daily. Got it from BioNeurix. Recommended it for a friend whose sister experiences anxiety. She loves it also.

NNG - hi, looks like you are doing really well. Congrats!

DG - thanks so much for chiming in on liver enzymes. My cholesterol was elevated with the good kind being excellent and whatever ratio they use it came out to 102 and dr. said it's rare to be over 100, that means you are going to live to be 102. Ya, right. At least she didn't follow it up with but you have to quit drinking. How have you been?

Eve - I got the Fork movie, haven't had a chance to watch it. Maybe today. I've always prided myself on knowing about Nutrition; can certainly learn more.

Hope everyone had a good weekend and stuck to your goals.

TMH

Comment

April Mod Squad

Hi TMH,

What an ending to the Masters, awesome wasn't it. At one point I thought sh_t what if it goes to a 4 ball, have I got enough booze and remembered I started drinking later just in case this happened. Hard work to keep to 3 drinks.

Glad to see you're measuring drinks and not pouring, I've tried to get my head around the American Oz and units as opposed to British ones and it's all a bit confusing but I think I'm on the right track. 3 x 5 Oz is 3 drinks whereas 4 x 8Oz is 6 drinks.

So you've halved your drinking and if you have some al free days during the week again even lower, no wonder you were feeling so good the next day:goodjob:

Lash
                            It's not what you drink, it's how much!

Comment

April Mod Squad

TMH, yes, I can get very anxious. LuckIiy Eve messaged me pretty quickly. It seems ridiculous now. I will look up seredyn. Last night I took a few valerian pills and slept so deeply, it was amazing. All in all, are you liking Florida more than the tundra? It is still winter here.

Comment

April Mod Squad

Hi. Did imbibe (2) yest. #1 Cold got worse after weekend and had no voice yesterday - nada! Then the Boston Marathon news. It made me cry. I have run Boston twice; it takes work and dedication to first qualify and then stay trained or train again to complete the 26.2 miles. Should have been a happy, celebratory day for everyone there. Horrifying! Medicinal purposes and feeling upset won. So be it. No real harm done.

Lash, so do you just keep enough booze in house for that particular day? That is such a foreign concept to me. Thanks for kudos. Yes, Masters was fun. Like Adam Scott.

Lila - maybe valerian does the same, don't know. Liking FL better? Is the Pope Catholic? LOL That's a resounding YES! Today playing golf women were complaining about the heat; we are having July type weather. I absolutely love it. It gets to 90, rarely over 92, but we always have a Sea Breeze. Hear your "ice out" date is moved into May.

Tonite is our last Dinner for 6 outing. Neighborhood event where we rotate couples. Host(s) supply entree and beverages. One couple brings appetizer and salad; other couple brings bread and dessert. Off to make a banana nut cake.

TMH

Comment

Working...
                                X