April Mod Squad

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

April Mod Squad

Hey DG and Eve re: enzyme levels. Just picked up mail. 10 days after I had that blood test I had another for a life ins physical. Results came in mail today. Remember I said I was slightly over; it was 47. This test showed the AST (range of 0-41) as 32. The ALT (range of 0-45) as 25. And I wasn't supposed to drink 24 hrs before and forgot as had impromptu dinner out, someone poured me wine and I just unthinkingly drank it. I'm sure I had at least 2. Next morning I saw that on instructions and thought whoops.

Still I am drinking less and will continue to do so.

TMH
    The pain of discipline is less than the pain of regret.

Comment

April Mod Squad

HI, TMH, Eve, and all,
      Yes, TMH, Boston was horrific. Such sadness, when there should be only joy and congratulations. Though I haven't run Boston, I've done New York City Marathon, and my family all called me Monday to say they were glad I wasn't there... but I have friends who were right there at the finish line when the bombs went off.

On a good note, TMH, it sounds as if your blood test numbers are great! Good for you! I bet it is a relief, and you deserve a big pat on the back.

I was going to make it through the week with no drinks, but didn't. Had two glasses of wine last night. Well, poop. You know what? I don't even really regret them... I stopped at two and know that step by step in the right direction is the way to finish any race, this one, too. We'll all get there.

Thanks, everyone, for being here and for being supportive and for being sane. I read on the General Discussion boards all the hoopla and I'm glad to not be involved.

Comment

April Mod Squad

Hi all,

My thoughts are with all the families and friends affected by the Boston bombing, what a crazy world we live in.

I had to get the tube the day after the London tube bombing and you could hear a pin drop, when it happens in your own country it seems surreal.

On to more mundane things.

TMH, congrats on your blood test, I wonder if it might have something to do with your moderating, not sure of your dates but if it is just shows you.

Yes I don't keep al in the house, trick I learned a long time ago, and it is a pain to have to go out and buy my 3 ciders at 8 o'clock but seems to be working for me.

Happy modding all.
        Lash
        It's not what you drink, it's how much!

Comment

April Mod Squad

Lasha;1493450 wrote: Hi all,

My thoughts are with all the families and friends affected by the Boston bombing, what a crazy world we live in.

Ditto Lasha,

I think God gave me the extra empathy gene as I am so heartbroken every time things like this occur. I am so saddened by the Boston events. I also want to give a special hug to Stewarts (who is a marathon runner) and all of our other MWO friends who are runners and perhaps are affected even more by this than the rest of us. Stewarts, I hope you weren't there and if so, that you are safe. Please post soon.

I have been having a very successful month with either being AF or drinking quite responsibly when I do. I did start the L-Glut daily (powder) and have found the 2 times I have drunk in 20 days that I didn't have the intense craving after my 2nd drink. It has been quite easy to say, "two and I'm through". Also, for health reasons, I don't want more than that. So, I'm in a good place. Maybe the best I've been since joining here 5 years ago. Have to run to a meeting but will try to post more this week-end.

Hi to all.

:l
          Eve11
          t
          "Control your destiny or somebody else will"

~Jack Welsh~:h

God grant me the serenity to accept the people I cannot change, the courage to change the one I can, and the wisdom to know it's me. ~Author unknown, :thumbs:

Comment

April Mod Squad

Eve, how terrific! You do sound like you are in an especially good place. And I think I read elsewhere you lost that last hard-to-lose 10#? Congratulations! Looking forward to hearing more this weekend.

RE: Boston. Came home Tues nite to hear an emotional vm message from my sister. She has stood at many a Twin Cities Marathon finish line cheering me/us in. She identified. Caught up to her last night for a good hour long visit.

NNG - agree, this is a good place to stay and ask for help, get and give support.

Well, am not AF, but have cut my drinking in half. Going out for a special luncheon today for women who have coordinated our tee times for all season. Tomorrow is golf and rinse & repeat for that coordinator. And dh wants to go out for dinner tonite. What was interesting was he came back from trip happy about drinking a lot less also.

Happy Friday. :flower: Think spring. :flower:

TMH

Comment

April Mod Squad

Oh that's great news on your liver tests TMH. Slight elevations aren't too much cause for concern, I asked my doctor how high they have to be before it's something to worry about and she told me when it gets to about twice above normal (this was a while ago but I think she was talking about the ALT levels). She's a very well respected endo so I tend to believe what she tells me about these things. Great job on cutting back your drinking to about half! It can be such a habit to have those few can't it?

Comment

April Mod Squad

Everyone have a good weekend? Pretty good here. Happy it's Monday and start of brand new week. I truly want (need ???) some AF days now. Logged on hoping to see more from you, Eve. Understand you have a life. LOL

Thanks, DG for sharing your dr's viewpoint. I wonder if my dr. was a bit too much of an alarmist. Not sorry, though. It was time.

Left lanai door open last night and listened to a nice gentle rain. We need rain and with it happening during the night = utopia. I feel happy this a.m. and optimistic about the week. Hope you all do also!

TMH

Comment

April Mod Squad

HI everyone, been awhile. I had friends in the Boston marathon as well, all are okay thankfully.

My drinking habits have been weird as of late. Eve, I was interested when I saw you are taking L Glut, I think I may have to do something...here is my latest, weirdest. SO, for the most part, I don't drink during the week. Then last Thursday, I was finishing up a conference and then heading to the Rangers game. I slipped into some old habits, first, was people I met before the game, I stayed until there's time for no other drink...say three, ok, not so bad. I had a beer a period at the game, still not so bad. Then I decided to go out to kill time before getting a cab...that is something I would do as a way, way, youngin. I did not feel too good the next day, anxiety. Sunday, I meet my parents for brunch and have two bloody marys. I have a hockey game way, way later in the day, so no big deal. On the way back, I stop in a bar for a few beers?? I go home, watch the Rangers game, take a nap, off to my game...which, while we lost, i played well.

These I just find as weird habits and something I haven't done in...well...a very long time...maybe it's the changing of the weather? I think I stopped by the bar on my way home on Sunday, because I didn't feel like going home...I couldn't have had "A' beer and some water...really...

I don't know...feels so stranged, that I felt compelled to drink...after going over a month of no AL, and feeling great! And moderating quite well afterwards...weird...

j.

Comment

April Mod Squad

Hey, All,
                    Stewarts, I had friends at the Boston Marathon, too... luckily all came home. The bombing made me angry enough to think about training for another full.

Odd, too, Stewarts, that I had a 'going back to old habits' yesterday. Sundays used to call me to drink more than I would otherwise because I had to go back to work the next day... (like I'm the only one who had to face Mondays? ). Anyway, I did end up drinking more than the two I was allowing myself yesterday, even though I no longer have to join the rat race. Not a mess, but not proud of myself, either.

Ah, well, step by step in the right direction... sometimes a step backwards, but I'll get back on track.

Comment

April Mod Squad

Hi all,
                      Thats what happened to me also, I've consolidated on 3 drinks a day for a long time now and just felt like a drink down my local as if I'd won or something. Had a great time with some mates and ended having 6 pints of cider.

I felt so bad the next day that I promised this would not happen again.

Why do we drop our guard when we feel in control at long last, but I'm not in control drinking 6, so now have to get lower and reward myself on a Saturday with 4 drinks. New job tomorrow so new rules about drinking levels, I must do this.

Comment

April Mod Squad

The Sunday thing didn't freak me out as much...it was a little irresponsible...if I didn't have a game, I probably would've stayed and watched some of the Rangers game there, no biggie...the Thursday thing, was strange...perhaps I felt stressed or all way too cooped up in that conference for two days... I don't know... I also don't drink every day, but whatever...it's just a little weird. I feel a little weird today...not uber angst or anything...just a little strange...

j.

Comment

April Mod Squad

Hey all,

I guess the best thing we can say about sporadic behavior is that at least we are looking at it and thinking about it. And yes, if we paid the price with hangovers, remorse, etc. we may plan to do differently next time.

Stewarts, I am glad you are ok. I was a touch worried about you. Glad you didn't have personal friends affected.

Hey TMH...a big hello to you. Sometimes I think you have the biggest challenge with the community you live in and every day just sounds like a potential party! The good life...but! Right?

I'm doing well. Really getting into the healthier eating. We're growing a garden and attending meet-ups to meet like minded people who are into quality eating. Liquor is never served at the events as toxins don't seem to mix well with healthy foods. LOL! So, Saturday was not a problem to just say no to alcohol as there wasn't any.

My tolerance for liquor has always been pretty low. I usually always feel the 3rd one the next day so I am really aiming for enjoying one or two when I do it and no more. Not sure if L Glut is a placebo effect or not but many people swear by it and it has lots of other health advantages so I am continuing to take it.

Well, it's late as I type this so gonna run, but just wanted to check in and say hello to everyone.

:l
                          Eve11
                          "Control your destiny or somebody else will"

~Jack Welsh~:h

God grant me the serenity to accept the people I cannot change, the courage to change the one I can, and the wisdom to know it's me. ~Author unknown, :thumbs:

Comment

April Mod Squad

Good morning!

Hi, Everyone,
                            Hey, Lasha, good luck with your new job! You will do just fine, because you are planning ahead and thinking clearly. I'm pulling for you, my friend. Does it help to know that someone in Montana is sending you strong thoughts that all goes well?

Eve11, thanks again for your sweet message. You know, I went to Newbies Nest first off today, as I usually do, and found the messages there so judgmental that I was glad to come back here. We are NOT all alike, no matter how much they say we are. All of us are on different paths, and and different places on those paths. Just because someone else feels they know the Truth with a capital T doesn't make it the truth for everyone. It was a joy and a blessing to come back here to the Moderation board and find acceptance and soft words.

Happy Tuesday to everyone, here and on all the other boards. I am glad we are all here.:h

Comment

April Mod Squad

Hi all,

NNG, Thanks for the support from Montana about my new job and it went great! I'm still on my 3 ciders a day but felt as if I didn't drink at all. I felt in control of my job, especially answering difficult questions at meetings, as opposed to just getting by until drinky time and have got to wonder how easy it must be for a non drinker to do their job. Last time I worked I was drinking a lot more.

Better watch as I go closer to my plan, I might end up being a manager.

Comment

April Mod Squad

nonamegirl;1495994 wrote: Hi, Everyone,

Eve11, thanks again for your sweet message. You know, I went to Newbies Nest first off today, as I usually do, and found the messages there so judgmental that I was glad to come back here. We are NOT all alike, no matter how much they say we are. All of us are on different paths, and and different places on those paths. Just because someone else feels they know the Truth with a capital T doesn't make it the truth for everyone. It was a joy and a blessing to come back here to the Moderation board and find acceptance and soft words.

Happy Tuesday to everyone, here and on all the other boards. I am glad we are all here.:h
                                Well said nonamegirl. I truly wish the path of moderation could be enjoyed by more instead of being such a struggle. Do I get off the path and occassionally have a bit more than my moderation goal? Certainly. BUT, awareness is the key. Awareness allows us to not be overly judgemental with ourselves or one another. That said, I understand how some attitudes can form in folks who've let their lives go to pieces. Sometimes the only way someone can maintain any strength is with an "all or nothing" approach. Good to hear from you up in "big sky country".

Comment

Working...
                                X