One year today at MWO!!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

One year today at MWO!!

Congratulations Mary, and thanks for sharing; you're an inspiration to many including myself. Happy Anniversary!

pixie
    AF since 6JUN2012

Comment

One year today at MWO!!

Mary,

You already know how much I admire you.:l

Love Waves
      Enough is enough

Comment

One year today at MWO!!

Mary, thank you so much for sharing that.

You have been such an inspiration to me on my journey, your posting on the mods boards are just amazing.

Love you xx
        sigpicXXX

Comment

One year today at MWO!!

Mary, one whole year at MWO.. I really admire your strength.. Last year I had a choice, I could either carry on drinking, cut way down or give it up alltogether...I knew I couldn't cut it down, so, I stopped drinking.. For me that was easier.

People, like you who can moderate, are so strong, you are such an inspiration to everyone here...

Love, Louise xx
          A F F L..
          Alcohol Free For Life

Comment

One year today at MWO!!

Mary,

With so many people coming and going, it's delightful to see another "Yearling". It's a grand feeling to know we stuck at it - and hopefully will continue to do so. Congratulations.

Comment

One year today at MWO!!

Feeling inspired. Tawny and Mary, you are awesome.
              Enough is enough

Comment

One year today at MWO!!

Very, Very awesome!!!!

Sammys

Comment

One year today at MWO!!

Its such an inspiration when people post to say they have achieved a few hours alcohol free, a few days, a few weeks....whatever the personal goal is.

Likewise its fab to know MODERATING is possible for some people..i might try it one day soon but not yet!!

Somebody wrote on a post that AA left them fed up as they didnt like the idea of being "poweless over the booze phiosophy"..not knocking AA..as i,ve never tried it. My brother just did 20 years sober with AA..so works for some(although he drives me nuts quoting gob fulls ob "being powerless" stuff and how he is only "one drink away from...?"

Well done to everyone who has achieved something on their own personal journey...you have enough light in this darkeness to do the next step as I hope i have to...little steps are so rewarding.

Regards Cassy

Comment

One year today at MWO!!

Mary, thank you for opening up and sharing your story, I am not ready yet to do that but do find I am opening up more on the site which I hope to improve on slowly and steadily. I owe so much to all you folks and it is humbling when someone so experienced here stands back and acknowledges what it was like for them when they first found MWO.

Thank's again.

Lorna
                    Rather die standing, than live on my knees, begging Please..... No More.......

Comment

One year today at MWO!!

Mary, congratulations on a year of moderation. I hope you dont mind l had a look at your tracker for March, you are doing really well. Can l ask you do you still think of having a drink everyday or do you not think about it at all now. I can have days when l say l am not going to have a drink today but l still think about it constantly. Do you think that means l should try to be totally AF ? I look forward to the weekends when l know l can have a glass of wine and not feel guilty. I so want to be able to moderate because l love to sit down with my glass of wine especially in the summer in the garden. Do you think the CDs make a big difference? Thanks for listening sorry for all the questions.
                      :rays: lifegotbetteruk

Comment

One year today at MWO!!

Mary:
                        Sorry I missed your post on "the big day" but I did want to add that I think you are definately someone special. One year is a long time and you have stuck with it and helped so many people, most importantly yourself. Many hugs.
                        Learning to live life on the outside of a bottle. :flower:

Comment

One year today at MWO!!

Thanks for your help Mary.

Happy anniversary.

Paul.

Comment

One year today at MWO!!

Hi, not sure whether this qualifies for long term but just wanted to share .....

I've only drunk too much on one occasion this year, which was the day that I found out that doctors wanted to do brain surgery on my 10 year old daughter AGAIN ....

Anyway, this is what I posted sunday morning after a party that would have last year seen me falling over, passing etc etc .....

"Well my party last night was a huge success, its amazing how adults can act like children!! We played musical chairs, pass the parcel, rode giant spacehoppers, spoonfed 'babies' while blindfolded, and lots of other silly stuff and raised ?280 for our school minibus appeal..

But the best bit was, as you know I was going to drive, but my friend has just found out that she is pregnant so said it was a waste of time me driving as well, but I only had 3 glasses of wine in 5 hours and refused many offers of drinks, I came home stone cold sober. I had lots of comments like 'what are you doing still standing' to which I replied 'it's the new and improved me!' I called a friend this morning to find that she can't remember being auctioned off for a lapdance in her schoolgirl outfit! and my hubby can't remember going to bed.

I feel sooooooo good today!!!

Thanks guys, you all helped me....."

I really think that long term mods is possible ...
                            sigpicXXX

Comment

One year today at MWO!!

Mary,

Wow. Thank you. I so relate to the pain problem. I started here a year ago this spring also. I was recovering from a radical hysterectomy, in addition to years of severe migraines & neck pain. I also had nerve block shots in my neck for the year previous. Alcohol became actually more than a buzz for me, it became pain relief.

Hey, I am not saying that I do not have the wiring of an addict, because I do! I struggled big time to get off the pain pills. I don't know what my MWO start date was. I will have to look it up. It has not been a great health year, but today, at the end of the day I am definitely in a better place.

The board soap operas & emotional dramas did upset me a lot, which is why I dropped off sometimes. But I know that is because I was not centered & looking too much outside rather than inside to solve my problem. I think Fan said recently to me to the effect ..the solution is to focus in on yourself...

Well I do have a way to go to real fitness & radiant health...but it is part of the journey. I need to reflect more on why & how I came back to MWO this spring to renew...after a fuzzy last spring with topa; then strange liquored summer picnics, long long fall, dreary grey winter laced with a financial crisis (my life).

You make me feel not so alone Mary. Thank you so much for sharing.

Comment

One year today at MWO!!

Chrysa dear, thank you for sharing, doesn't make me feel so alone. I think you are setting out a great plan!

Mike, Lushy, Satori, Captain Morgan, Hillary, Jen, Nancy, Laura, PP, Dilayne, Judie, Beaches, Pixie, Louise, Tawny, Waves, Sammys, Cassy, Lorna, Did it, Katesm, Popeye, BB, you all are inspirational and supportive of me too. This place is great!!!

Lifegotbetteruk, I do not think of a drink every day. It took awhile to get there. I am now finally comfortable with going somewhere and having a drink and not guzzling it down nor stopping at the liquor store on the way home so I can get really buzzed. I still think about wanting a cigarette every couple days though. That was a harder addiction for me. I think a glass of wine really relaxes me and affects me so much more than it would have a few months back.

Hugs and Love to all of you and MWO!!
                                Mary

Comment

Working...
                                X