Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Where do I concentrate? Lose wt or AF?

Good morning TMH!

THanks for your response on the June Mod Squad - time for a new one tomorrow, so I thought I'd write to you here.

I just got back into fitness again too. Keeping track of drinks through the Drinkaware and I worked out a bit yesterday and then had a nice swim this morning. Because today is sandwiched between a weekend and a holiday, lots of people booked off a holiday so to have a four-day weekend. The pool was nice and empty, which I like.

Off for a coffee. I'm alone in the office, but the secretary is coming in at 8:30. We'll have a nice relaxed catch-up sort of day.

Happy week to all.

Comment

Things going fine. Did have that ol' familiar desire to just get dinner done and over with last night. Then even though I watched some tv, then turned it off to read was wide awake most of night.

DG, How far do you swim? Such good exercise! I'm not much of a swimmer but have been thinking about buying an Aqua Jogger and running in the pool. Be good for the leg that acts up now & then. Hhmmm....

This a.m. Took a short walk b4 golf, 1.5 mi. Tee time was 10:30, very warm but nice sea breeze. We got backed up on one hole and I was very close to falling asleep in cart. By Hole #9 I was just barely hitting the ball. Told 2 ladies I was going to bail out, always another day, a better day. Did lay down for a bit in afternoon, set alarm for 40 min. Tonight? Dh brought home Papa Murphy's Veggie DeLite pizza, didn't feel quite so ansy, enjoyed an O'Douls with the pizza.

So no problems not drinking (only been 2 days) except for sleep, which I expected.

TMH
      Day 2
      The pain of discipline is less than the pain of regret.

Comment

Success! 2 benadryl at 7:30p resulted in a good night's sleep! Feel much better today. Looking forward to more energy to go to Bible Study, have lunch with friend, call my dd, and then have a good workout. This one will be indoors, but that's ok, will actually get me back into the groove.

TMH
        Day 3

Comment

So, I weighed myself this morning, and I am now two pounds UNDER what my initial weight goal was. I figure I might as well for another three pounds and make it an even 180.

rough hockey game last night.

Comment

Hey, Stewarts, way to go. My Canadian grandsons Live & breathe hockey, eat constantly, and both are skinny. Part of that is youth but what a workout. Have you been watching The World Cup? I did a bit as my dd plays soccer at the ripe old age of 45.

Ok, fasting until my lunch date. Oh, what a hardship. LOL

TMH

Comment

Except for little sleep again, I am very pleased in how I feel. Yest was quite productive incl following through on going to a church potluck at 6p. Usually, I would be too lazy, i.e. It would interrupt my "happy hour". Excuse would be well, it's high traffic time, it's easier to stay home.

Was shocked when I input my Beef O Bradys fish taco lunch into My Fitness Pal. 1140 cal. Thankfully, I did not eat the chips & salsa so input at 75%. W/R 3 mi, was careful in my potluck selections.

Changes: am more friendly, not so into myself, find words easier, no GSR, somewhat brighter eyes, however, still look tired, am losing weight but this is not without working at it.

Sorry, all about me. But that's the title here, for my documentation, and I already feel a mindset change in that it can be "AF AND lose weight".

TMH
              Day 4

Comment

Hi TMH, I'm actually not into the World Cup, personally, I find it boring, I don't get it.

Yes, youth definitely helps. Well, my weight is still good. Up in NE may go fir a run today, too nasty to be on the water.

J.

Comment

All in all, it has been a good 1st week back from trip. Cont'd drinking over weekend, then chose Mon, June 30th to stop for all of July.

Yest I used ET for 25 min and then walked on TM for 30 min. After inputting into MyFitnessPal I had burned more calories than I had eaten so made up,for that with homemade popovers for dinner. Yum!

Not worried about going up to club as far as drinking. Know lunch will be buffet with iced tea, diet coke, and lemonade. I normally have one of the first 2, not wanting calories from my drink (except alcohol). Now not wanting the caffeine I am going to consider a glass of lemonade my holiday treat. Not to mention BBQ chicken and/or BBQ ribs and apple pie. Wow! Am I living it up or what!

TMH
                  Day 5
                  Friday Weigh In: SW. 122.2. CW. 120.4. GW. 114

Comment

Club scene: extremely friendly greeting from our bartender. He teased dh about having to hear his road trip stories. I thought when was that? Then I remembered dh said he went in to pay our bill and stopped in bar for a beer. No, he doesn't sit up there all afternoon, etc. etc. And he can do what he wants.

Discovered main room reserved for golfers who weren't in yet. We ended up having lunch seated in the bar. Pretty soon the golfers start filing in, and oh, it was so good to greet & be greeted by so many. Many stop and order a drink, could tell there must have been some bet payoffs. Now here's the kicker - I watched as though outside of my body. Did it make me want a drink? No. Did it make me think about the genuine commaradie and wanting to be a part of it? Yes! I realized I can be w/o having alcohol. Thoughts shifted to but forever? Right now I don't think so.

TMH

Comment

TMH that's awesome ! Good for you! I'm noticing something similar at our Marina. I mentioned there's a lot cooking and we have a lot of booze! My parents don't drink much, my dad is not drinking at all now actually, I've been modding and surprisingly very successfully there. I also noticed one of the big drinkers has taken it down a big notch! He is still drinking, and all the stuff he likes scotch, vodka, beer, wine, etc, but I noticed him with a sprite here and there and lots of Gatorade, during the night, usually that was seen only in the morning. I think his doctor and his wife had a chat with him, he looks like he lost a lot I weight also.

Last night or yesterday I did have two 20 oz beers at lunch, I felt like indulging a little. I had nothing the rest of the afternoon and went on a run. Not one of my better ones considering I had two big beers and cheeseburger for lunch, but glad I did it. At night, during the whole night, through dinner I think I only had three beers, oh a little baileys in the coffee. Anyway, I consider that a successful July fourth, I anything I are too much! Lol!

Comment

So see, people can cut back. Stewarts you are seeing it all around you and doing such yourself.

Am on an every other night get some sleep program, it seems. Other than that things are going well. Weight fluctuates daily but happy to say I am now down 3#.

TMH
                        Day7

Comment

Yest was a bit of a rest and cheat day. As in food, exercise, no drinks! Played golf. Was so very tired at 7:30p, but never slept til 2:30a. This was after 2 OTC sleeping pills and later 2 Ibuprofen.

Still, woke up this a.m. glad I did not drink last night. Seems more the norm now. The lack of sleep tends to mask AF benefits. It will get better.

TMH
                          Day 8

Comment

I thought this AF time would be more exciting somehow. In Newbies Nest Roll call I had to go back a couple pages to find out what day I am on. I thought it would be it's been 9 days, 10 hours and 50 minutes, dang it!

Worked out yesterday; today was golf. Learned it was 95 deg when we finished. That's about as high as it gets. Thank goodness for the sea breeze!

TMH

Comment

ToMyHealth;1680397 wrote: I thought this AF time would be more exciting somehow. In Newbies Nest Roll call I had to go back a couple pages to find out what day I am on. I thought it would be it's been 9 days, 10 hours and 50 minutes, dang it!

TMH
                              That's interesting, TMH - and I think it's healthy. I know when I'm in India, where I rarely have a drink, I'm certainly never thinking "this is day whatever." Alcohol just isn't part of the lives of the people I'm with plus it's hard to get. So I don't drink and don't think about it. I think it's a good sign about your moderate relationship with drinking that it's not as huge a deal.

Back to the idea about (bad) habits, I think, rather than a serious dependency. In my life right now, I really believe that I struggle not having a drink when I get home after work because of the habit and the associations. I wait until dinner, then decide if dinner is enhanced by a glass of wine or not. If so, it's actually quite easy to stop when dinner's over.

I do sincerely congratulate you on the (now) 10 days. Looking at the title of this thread, I would think that the AF time = weight loss, no?

Comment

DancingGirl;1680601 wrote: That's interesting, TMH - and I think it's healthy. I know when I'm in India, where I rarely have a drink, I'm certainly never thinking "this is day whatever." Alcohol just isn't part of the lives of the people I'm with plus it's hard to get. So I don't drink and don't think about it. I think it's a good sign about your moderate relationship with drinking that it's not as huge a deal.

Back to the idea about (bad) habits, I think, rather than a serious dependency. In my life right now, I really believe that I struggle not having a drink when I get home after work because of the habit and the associations. I wait until dinner, then decide if dinner is enhanced by a glass of wine or not. If so, it's actually quite easy to stop when dinner's over.

I do sincerely congratulate you on the (now) 10 days. Looking at the title of this thread, I would think that the AF time = weight loss, no?
                                I had my best 3 mile run ever.... 7:15 mpm average! 6:26, 7:31, 7:46...I have never run that fast ever....! I don't know what got into me!

As for AL, I've been misbehaving a little, time to get back on track...health wise, physically, I'm doing well...

j.

Comment

Working...
                                X