Where do I concentrate? Lose wt or AF?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Hi girls... so sorry to be MIA on MWO and this thread. I'm not sure why, other than my drinking isn't priority #1 on my mind at the moment. I have been on the naltrexone for about a week now, and went from .25mg to .50 mg on Sunday. I am waiting for the "indifferentness" (is that a word?) to kick in.. Until then, I am having between 4 and 6 US units a day - mostly in the form of vodka and mixers shaken into a martini. It's probably my *last hurrah* mentality that comes into play both for eating and drinking when I know I will be soon curtailing my intake.

I am trying not to be too hard on myself since I was so miserable during January. Seriously,, between the fasting on my 5:2 plan, little or no AL, and DH's issues, I just wanted to jump off a bridge. Not really that horrible.. I was just really bummed.

I know nothing will ever be perfect, and I can tackle things better if I feel better about myself and if I am doing good things for myself.. BUT my head isn't in the right place to be perfect.. Lord knows I don't need another "failure" to add to my head trash.. So, here I am just trying to get through the days with some fun and as little anguish as possible.

I WILL get into a better healthy eating frame of mind as soon as the NAL kicks in. Shaving off the carbs/calories of 2-3 drinks (4-6 units) will help big time!

NNG, good for you on your cleanse!! Did you say you were doing it for a month?? That's a lot of willpower and motivation girl!

TMH - you live the life I am envious of! With that lifestyle (parties, entertaining, etc.) and the great weather year around, I'd have a problem. Maybe because I still picture Florida as vacation-mode! I suppose if I lived there I could lead a healthy lifestyle. I think you are doing great!

Be back soon! Take care!
    "We need to learn to love ourselves first, in all our glory and our imperfections."
    ~John Lennon

Whether you think you can or think you can't, you're right.

~Author Unknown

Comment

Whew, NNG sounds a little more doable. Must be on Day 5 already.
      Dipgal, yes Jan was hard for you. You can make Feb a whole lot better!
      Well, guess what! Forgot about our neighborhood Happy Hour last night. Dh wanted to go and offered to make appetizer. I ended up drinking. Ugh. Even had conversation with lady about it. She was toting a big glass of lemonade and said she only drinks on weekends. And my 2 skinny diva neighbors came & I felt dumpy. They always dress so cute, and have to be size 0-2. I'm just jealous.

Good news is the 2# dropped off. Walked 3 mi and did 1/2 of Firm It Up. Planned to bike ride during the witching hour last night but you see how well that turned out. LOL.

Ok, just like a bad hole in golf, mark it and move on!
      The pain of discipline is less than the pain of regret.

Comment

Hello, my friends (I almost said "Fellow Losers" but wasn't sure everyone would take it in the funny way instead of the horrid way. NONE of us are losers - except in losing weight and bad habits.)

To make you feel a bit better about my silly cleanse, it is only for two weeks and then I start adding in some good carbs. What IS (oh, gosh, I hope) the full month is my AF. The last two evenings I thought about caving, not because I was craving but because I was lonely and thought "Well, who the heck would know?" But I didn't. So at least that is another step in the right direction.

Comment

TMH, it does us no good to compare ourselves to others!!! So what if they are a tiny size and dress cute! I am confident that you are not dumpy - but rather an authentic beautiful woman inside and out - who cares about her health! These tiny women could have so many issues that you don't know about. I actually pity anyone who doesn't have a life in order to stay a size 0-2. Now, I am not saying that these two women are like that.. of course they could be naturally slim.. But, still, WHO CARES!! Healthy is the new skinny!! And you are doing everything in your power to be healthy. Okay, getting over soapbox now! LOL

NNG - I hope to be a "loser" in so many ways very, very soon! Keep up the great work with your cleanse. It's hard to stay on cleanses - so much deprivation.. At least it's temporary.

I'll be going away for one night tomorrow with 4 girlfriends for another friend's birthday. We are starting off at a HUGE fitness complex that is attached to a spa. I will get some swimming and water exercise and then maybe some pampering. And then a yummy Italian dinner. Don't tell anyone, but I put together the ingredients for Chocolate Martinis after dinner. The birthday girl loves them! We'll do tarot cards or numerology cards and talk about "the other side", etc. Oh yeah, and complain about our husbands, too! LOL I'll try to stay somewhat in control of all my addictions.. No promises though.. you only live once!

Hugs to all!
          "We need to learn to love ourselves first, in all our glory and our imperfections."
          ~John Lennon

Whether you think you can or think you can't, you're right.

~Author Unknown

Comment

Oh, wow, DipGal, may I come to that party? It sounds like heaven! (Except the chocolate martinis.... I'd take a straight Beefeaters any old day. well, and I don't have a need to complain about my husband. Just sayin':happyheart HOWEVER... I would love to come to the fitness center, the spa, the Italian dinner, the night out with the girls. Sounds lovely.

Comment

Hey, all. I've been having trouble with severe light-headedness, even dreamt about it which was scary-weird. I contacted the author of the diet and she said to add in a touch of salt. Okay, that is almost like telling an alcoholic to add in a touch of wine. But I will be careful because I really want to lose weight and detox this ol' bod.

Comment

Hello ~ just reviewed a bit as i've been the MIA one.

NNG, feeling better? I looked up the author of your cleanse. She has quite the list of books! You may have planted a seed. Personally, I think if I just did enough AF time or even much less I'd probably drop some wt. Proud of you though!

DioGal, how was the party? Choc martinis? I had one once. Company that was just here (dh old boss) insisted we go to the Ice Bar and have one. Now this was January in MN. It was good, but oh my they can go down quickly! Nice of you to surprise the birthday gal.

Yest I burned 200 cal on elliptical, then ran/walked 2 mi on TM. Pretty good as we weren't good modders night before. And I felt so good on Sunday too. You'd think it would be "duh". Yest was AF. Yay! Trying to get in habit of using ET everyday, have to get rid of lower body wt.

Dinner for 6 at our house tonight. Get to know neighbors better. Pretty easy in that host just provides entree and beverages; they bring everything else. Have a terrific Tuesday!

TMH
                Wt: 118.6
                Yest: AF (works better for me to report rather than predict)

Comment

Well, to report some info from last week. After six days on my cleansing diet I had lost more than ten pounds. Obviously most of that was water and bloat, but oh, my I feel so much better! My jeans aren't tight anymore. Whew!

Still keeping on. Today is day 11 of the diet.

TMH, you are so much more social than I am. I love hearing about your get-togethers!

DipGal, I also want to hear about that party! It sounded heavenly.

Comment

Hi all. Just checking in to say hello. Not much to report although I'm still having lots of fun learning about myself and why I use addictive behaviours in my life! AF yesterday. Sunny day here. Pinterest is such a wonderful way to start any day...
                    JMum
                    My first "indifference experience" Saturday January 11, 2014. Thank God for Baclofen!

Comment

Morning!
                      I am starting week 3 of my cleansing diet. So far I've lost 15 pounds. This week the goal is to up the exercise (the plan keeps it purposely low the first two weeks) and not have any slips. I did have a few this past week. Back to the straight and narrow!

Comment

Hey, NNG, good for you! 15#. WOW, Fantastic.

I'm kind of stuck. Braved scale this am -118, which seems to be the wt my body settle in at when I'm not diligent. Been a wonderful weekend with my son and his girlfriend. Lots of eating out and drinking. Time to dry out. Going to hang around pool today, just relax. Then they go back to the cold north late afternoon.

TMH

Comment

Tues, Feb 18 - time to buckle down. No company until March 10 so should be a little easier. I'm actually excited about being on a firm program.

Tmh
                          Wt: 117.8
                          Drinks Yest: 1

Comment

Not AF but feel quite good about fact that last night was another count of 1. Been awake since 3:30 or so. That's all part of it, I'm afraid.

Today's plan is to do 30 min of floor work, 2 mile walk, then 18 holes of golf.

TMH
                            Wt: Skipped today
                            Drinks Yest: 1

Comment

Hey TMH - only one is the epitome of moderation! If you can have one drink, enjoy it, then move on to something else (coffee, tea, housework, homework, TV, whatever) without a big struggle - you are there, sister!!

Bravo.

COngrats to NNG on the 15 pounds and to Jazi's Mum on the AF days. DipGal - how's it going?

I've lost about 3 pounds, primarily by cutting down drinking, but also because both Hubs and I are lightening up our diets. One piece of toast for breakfast, small sandwich for lunch, soup and salad for dinner etc. However, we are going to a lovely B&B today where the cuisine is fabulous, so I may gain it all back... I'd better go work out in preparation!! :H

Comment

Ugh!!! Lost my post. Logged in, thanked me, posted, told me I did not have permission as I wasn't logged in. Logged in again and it took me right to the survey. Hhmmmm, not happy.

Thanks, DG, was a good 2 days. Had more Fri & Sat but AF on Sun. Congrats on your wt loss. How was the B&B?

Nice long workout this a.m. Broke fast at 3p. Easy today since wt was high this morning, way too much salty food lately.

Tmh
                                WT: not telling
                                Drinks yest: 0

Comment

Working...
                                X