Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Where do I concentrate? Lose wt or AF?

Hey everybody!!!!! You all are doing great!!!!!:happy:

I did some research and found that the beta-blocker I'm on for high blood pressure.... that I've been on for years depletes your body of melatonin. I've been sleeping a little better since I added the melatonin. I take one 3mg tablet at night. They say you have to get a build up in your system.

Comment

NNG, I now have some further motivation to lose some of this weight. Going back to MN for a visit mid June. You do use different muscles at different paces. When I used to run marathons, I would do a 15 mile walk with a friend for March of Dimes, and would get so sore. Thanks for sharing AF benefits. Keep them coming as you experience them.

-143 glad the melatonin is working for you. I have some, but I need more immediate relief. Think I am going to go pick up that new Nyquil for sleep. Have to see if alcohol is an ingredient, however.

Good golf game on Fri; Sat. golf was horrible. Got paired with a lady who talked way too much. Took a nap when I got home, then hit the grocery store with all the other "leave it to the last minute" shoppers. Driving home I was fighting the tears. I felt so blame tired. Got up at 4:30a Sunday, attended Sunrise service outdoors. It was nice. Got home and got back into pj's and slept until 11:30a. Felt human again.

I did have some wine at Easter gathering. It was just a pleasant, sit out on friends' huge lanai late afternoon watching the golfers. Hosts gather us "orphans" and we all contribute. I am glad I got 3 AF days in last week. Back to it today.

Just used ET and did 2.5 miles running the full 2 min., then walking 2, run 2, etc. Actually felt good.
      100 sit ups and stretch.

TMH
      WT: same
      Yest: 3
      The pain of discipline is less than the pain of regret.

Comment

Well, I'm having weight problems again...for the record, my weight problems are what most people dream of, it's more in my head. I look the same, my clothes fit fine, I am 8-10 pounds heavier than I'd like. Since the rib injury in Austria, it's been hard to work out or run. Every time I run, my ribs hurt. I have played some hockey games, but don't feel 100%. If I can, I think I am going to sneak out and run in the Park and see how it goes. My pace is just awful!

I haven't been eating terrible, but not great either, usually when that happens I pick up the miles or make a point of it to get out there and run, but lately it's been painstaking.

Comment

Welcome, Jane! I agree with you about delaying eating as long as possible. Even w/o practicing F-5 I often go until noon or 1:00 before I eat.

Haven't been to FC since Monday. Yesterday made a Costco run after Bible Study. Had vm when I got home that I could get squeezed in for a hair foil so rushed out door to get there. By the time I got home from that it was almost time to go to Pairings Party. Yes, another golf tournament starting today. This is a 3 day one. Will have time to do my run/walk as we don't tee off til 12:30. 18 holes later means everyone pouring into the 19th Watering Hole discussing the results.

TMH
          Wt: 118.8
          Yest: 2

Comment

After Tournament and Weekend Musings: do not go to 19th hole. Go home after golf, be AF, and you will play much better next day.

Sunday: had afternoon movie/dinner date. Saw Heaven is for Real. Great movie! Early dinner included a couple glasses of wine. As we leisurely sipped, delayed ordering dinner and discussing the movie, I thought how do I turn around my thinking that doing same AF would be just as enjoyable? I know I need to get to that mindset.

TMH

Comment

Great start to the week workout wise. Chest and triceps, then ran/walked 3 miles upping running time to 3 min, then walk for 2. Felt strong. Yay!

Now make it a great start to the week by not drinking today.

TMH

Comment

Worked out in fasted state. ET and Run/walk. Read in sun for about 1/2 hr. Having a smoothie and some fresh fruit and yogurt.

Last night I procrastinated about being AF knowing today was start of new month. Had a drink. Dh went to make another one, and I just filled mine with more ICE. Drank water with dinner. I did buy Nyquil for sleep (generic Walgreen's version), took 2 as directed. Had intermittent sleep but woke up feeling pretty darn good.

TMH
                Wt: up, down, up, down, today up
                Yest: 1

Comment

Great job TMH!!!!! That's a good idea!!!!!:goodjob:

Comment

Weekend was just golf for exercise. Yest was a picturesque day, not a cloud in the sky. Shot a 91, very pleased.

Today I worked legs on machines, ET for 20 min, ran/walked 40 min or 3 miles, planks, 120 situps, and lots of stretching. Enjoyed 30 min of sun time.

Been not paying much attention to my pedometer and decided I need to as in the past I learned that I needed to get 14K steps/day to maintain. Recently, I have not even gotten that so between being AF during week and now paying attention, am going to strive for at least 14K/day this week. This will mean turning going across street to get mail into a 15 min walk, maybe more than once/day. When I worked I usually walked 1 mi. on a.m. break, 2 miles on lunch break, 1 mi. in afternoon and then numerous times 1-2 miles after work. I weighed 112 albeit on F-5 at time.

Changes: AF Mon-Thurs
                    Pay attention to Daily Step Count, increase as needed

TMH
                    Wt: 120.4
                    Yest: 4

Comment

Hi there I need to lose four stone and would like to do this in next twelve months.
                      Plan is to stick to 1500 cals and exercise three times a week at gym,I play roller derby twice a week but this isn't constant movement quite a few drills,footwork skills and talking strategy.

I need to increase strength and cardio fitness to help me be best I can be at sport.
                      My weight is causing me more unhappiness and health damage potentially than amount I was drinking. Focusing on one goal is way to go for me,max of four drinks per week for me.
                      one day at a time

Comment

Hiya, Bear! As I have said elsewhere, I am in total admiration for your roller derby gig. WOW! That being said, I understand the weight issue... (except I have to ask, a stone is 12 pounds in American, right? I can never get that straight!) Yes, I understand the weight issue. When I started training for my first marathon, I was 212 pounds. By my second marathon six months later, I was 155. Exercise does work! Now, you need to know that I did those two marathons SLOWLY... I walk/run. But the constant adding up the slow miles did the trick for me. This all was four years ago, and I have gotten a bit lazy and added back a few (20 to be exact), but I know how to get them back off. We are in a good spot to do just that, my friend. Keep posting and let us know how you do!

And, all of you here are motivating me. I'll get un-lazy and un-headachey and will log some miles tomorrow. Promise.

Comment

Bear, so excited to have you join in! You must be one tough lady. I see you get title of thread. I lose my way now & then but feel I'm back on track. You remind me of my dd. She at age 43 plays soccer (mostly with women in their 20's) and runs for endurance. Hope you choose to share your progress here.

NNG, am in awe you could lose that much weight in 6 mon. The walk/run method is fun. Hope you feel much better today!

Last night was interesting. Told dh I did not want a drink. We sat on lanai. He had grabbed an O'Douls (NA beer). Did I want a drink? Nope. Was I ansy? Yes, was anxious to just make dinner, get kitchen cleaned up, go on with evening. Went to take my contacts out and gave myself a talking to "TMH, be nice, be patient. You know you will not want to take time for end of day conversation, will not want to be bothered going to the club or out for dinner and this is the mindset you have to change"! Came back and cheerfully said I'll join you for an O'Douls. Made it pretty with a nice glass and slice of lime.

TMH
                          Wt: 119.4 *
                          Steps: 15.5K *
                          Yest: 0 *

* A loss. Reached step goal. A successful day to include staying within limits on weekends.

Comment

Hey nng that's impressive weight loss, wow,I'd really love to lose my four stone,each one is 14lbs by Christmas, but didn't want to overstretch myself.
                            Tmh I'm not that tough really,though apparently I hit pretty hard!I'm 41 and one of our best skaters is few years older than me.good on you for having AF beer,I quite like becks blue,we don't have so much of it in. UK.
                            Oh well,best put my washing away and do my runwalk and make chilli for dinner.Nice getting to you
                            one day at a time

Comment

Chatting to you even!!
                              one day at a time

Comment

So, yesterday I logged five miles - not much in the grand scheme of things, but not a bad step back towards where I want to be. I think Saturday's workout is going to be a ten-miler at race pace. Hopefully my head will behave itself.

TMH, I am going to pick up some O'Douls today, just since you mention it. Yesterday I had two glasses of wine when I had promised myself I wouldn't. Having something in the fridge to drink that feels like a bit of a splurge might make that whiney wine-time voice settle down.

Bear, we have a roller derby group here where I live, too. The girls are so amazing! I know I am too old (58) to get into it, and besides, I am afraid of getting hurt so probably wouldn't do well, but I can fantasize about it! I will skate vicariously, through you, okay?

Comment

Working...
                                X