Where do I concentrate? Lose wt or AF?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Haha,no name I'm 41 so skate vicariously through me as much as you want,we've had a spell of broken bones recently, trying not to think too much about it.really missing my cat who died almost three weeks ago.had little cry on way home.really tired today,bed before eleven,will pop in properly tomorrow
    one day at a time

Comment

Oh, BEAR. Many hugs to you in recovering from losing your cat. I do know ... have gone through three whole sets of cats (I usually have three at a time). Take care of yourself and cry as much as helps. :l:l:l:l:l

Comment

Tues: Golf then walked 1.75 miles. Wed: A wash. Had Bible Study, then grocery shopped but never got a workout in. And then had some drinks Wed night. Mark it and move on.

Wed Wt: 118.2*
        Steps: 16.3K*
        Drinks: 0 *

Thurs Wt: 119.2
        Steps: 6K
        Drinks: 3
        The pain of discipline is less than the pain of regret.

Comment

Headache. Uggh.
          But even so walked three and a half miles (gently) . Today will be better!

Comment

Thanks no name,he died three weeks ago and was 14,on whole I feel sad and miss him,sometimes tears just come so I let them.downside of really loving my cats.

Ive done no exercise today but tomorrow I am starting regime of squats lunges and plank every morning,I also plan to do thirty minutes of cardio or weights at gym after work,not decided yet.I've got a bit of a headache and feel like I'm starting with a cold ATM,meant to have haircut tonight but bailed.early to bed for me tonight.tomorrow is cats,TV and yum m and s food.may have sober weekend due to spa day Saturday and skating Sunday am.
            one day at a time

Comment

Yest I played golf, hit FC, worked shoulders, R/W 2 mi, 100 situps.

WT: 118.4 *
              Steps. 15.3K *
              Drinks - failed again, had 3 gl of wine UGH!

Comment

Well.... You did a bunch of other good things for your body so that's great. Today is a new day. I noticed some of your golf scores. You are really good! I'm going out today but never get any where close to the scores you posted! I love it though even when I play like crap. Are you retired?

Comment

Hi Ginger, welcome! Thanks for kudos on golf. It's not always so good. This past week after the 91, I shot a 99 and yesterday was really off on my putting and ended up with a 104. Glad you get enjoyment from the game even if you feel you don't play well. It is so fun and energizing when you do well and so frustrating other times!

Yes, I am retired. Did not learn to play golf until I was 60. We live in a golfing community with 2 18 hole courses so hard not to play. I do take a break now and then.

Tell us more about yourself, and again, thanks for chiming in here!

TMH

Comment

TMH, Enjoyed 9 holes today on a small course with my sis and her hubby. It was fun but I wouldn't call it golf. Spent too much time chatting but it was great to catch up with her so I don't care. I'm retired too. We do a lot of RVing and spend the winter months in the warmer weather. There's a lot of happy hour stuff that goes on in the RVing communities down south. I'm glad I have 7 months before I head back down. We always wait until 5p to start but I'm one of those people that opens a bottle of wine and has to finish it that night. Moderation is not my thing...... I'm vegan and get a lot of exercise everyday so the drinking is really my last "bad" habit I want to break. Even after two weeks (-1 day slipping), I feel so much healthier.

Comment

Day one of focus on getting slim and fit.did day one of couch to five k walk run,and eaten about 1600 cals.getting cold and feeling headachy, spa day tomorrow so early night. Gonna stay in and sort skating kit for Sundays closed door game and change wheels on skates.work busy and lots of challenges to deal with team members.
                      Two days off for now though,I love weekends.
                      one day at a time

Comment

Ginger, I see how you can relate, RV southern communities are just like the golf communities. 5p Happy Hours! Good for you on changing your one last bad habit. 2 weeks AF is awesome!

Bear, NNG, -143 how was the weekend?

Heard from both my children yesterday. Son is excited about our June visit, and looks like I'll spend an entire weekend with him and grandboys at a cabin in far northern MN. (not roughing it). Dd is in Canada and who knows, may take a trip up there later in summer.

Mine was great fun, as surprise b.d. party turned out wonderful. Friend seemed really grateful and might I say, even moved. Both gag gifts he rec'd revolved around alcohol. Doubt that he ever thinks he has a problem, not for me to say, I know he likes his JD. As I like my white wine but working toward being a weekend drinker only.

Last week was not 4 AF days, but 2. Will do better this week. Ran/walked outside today. It's harder than on TM. Did 3 miles. Hit FC for wt workout targeting back & biceps, 120 situps.

Wt: 119 * fluctuates daily but this is 1.5# lower than last Monday.
                        Steps: 12.3K
                        Yest: 3

Comment

Hi ~ feeling good here. I think doing my runs and walks outdoors is helping with my sleep. I still wake up quite a bit, but know I also get some shut eye.

This a.m. took out a Pilates DVD. Took it easy on myself because last time I did it I remember being so sore! Walked 1.5 miles outside and now am getting ready to go play 18.

Wt: 118.6 *
                          Steps: 12.9K
                          Yest: 0 *

Comment

Busy day here for me.... Will get in a hike with my dog and sister today. Looking forward to seeing my sis and getting a longer walk in. Hubby has been down with a bug so my exercise buddy hasn't felt like doing too much the last few days. Hoping to golf this week too, TMH. Post back your score. I live vicariously through your golf scores! What's your handicap? I've never established one. :/ I probably should do that one of these days but we don't do any organized golf so I haven't bothered.

Last night was a tough AF night for me. Not sure what the Monday night trigger was but I really wanted a drink. Made it though. Feeling good about that!

Comment

Im off to roller derby training tonight and played in a game Sunday, last weekend had two glasses of wine and stupidly a CIG.I am focusing on 1500 cals per day but I need to track and calculate more aaccurately,hope can still lose on that and don't have to go lower.I need to reduce my chochabit which is daily,daily and 100 cals would be fine but its more like 400! Anyway apart from that rough few days at work with staff member who is potentially going through disciplinary for attitude and poss capability for nonperformance. Many tears and bad attitude, if I was her I would put energy into doing the task!!
                              Anyway she has holiday next week so break for everyone!!
                              Hope all having good week,need to refocus on running gprogramme,I've seen pics of my self and feel so fat,need to focus on mini goals as four stone to lose is a big goal,it's possible but I Ned to focus on daily tasks and mini milestones.take care everyone,so much happier being moderate!
                              one day at a time

Comment

Great job Bear, it sounds like you're doing great and don't sweat the cig. I'm a runner so I don't smoke, never have, although when I was in Austria this English ski coach, got me smoking his cigs at a bar one night...they are much lighter...I felt AWFUL the next day...reminded why I don't do that.

I drank last night, already posted it in the other thread, no need to regurgitate...I'm fine today, you cig comment though, reminded me of that night in Austria, which reminded me of my night last night, while entertaining, I can't stop thinking...do I really like this?

anyway... I am going to try and get out for a run after lunch...hopefully.

Comment

Working...
                                X