Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

December Mod Squad

Good Sunday, all my friends!

Emmy, your sister-in-law ordering your lunch for you?!? Really? That is hilarious! Does she think you are 4? I am glad you stood up for yourself and told her you didn't want that. My heavens. What cheek. I can easily empathize with you on the over-load of family. When we go to my husband's home in NY, I feel the same way. WAY too many people in a much smaller house. Ooof! Luckily, from the very beginning I have told them I need to escape, and so go to our room early in the night, while my guy and his family stay up 'til the wee hours talking. It gives me some privacy.

I am looking forward to a cleansing January. I don't know if I'll stay AF for the whole month, as both our birthdays are in January, but I also know that my mind and body are ready for a break. And, since the paths and roads are too icy for me to really run or walk with much gusto, I will find other ways to work up the heart rate.

My husband is really sick with a bad bug. I am tired and a bit sad from the end of the holidays. But, it was a great month, and I am content.

Love to you all. Thank you for being here.

Comment

December Mod Squad

Good Sunday Morning to You All.

NN- Your fellow is fortunate to have such a one as you to care for him. I hope he's better soon.

Emmy- Hi! Sounds like a real blast out in the country, huh? I can relate. My husband had an overly busy-body and intrusive Italian family (mostly all dead now). One of his aunts showed up peeking in our front room window one rainy Sunday to get a look at our then newborn daughter. No lie! Amazing! She saw NOTHING wrong with it.

TMH- and Strong and NN - The crescendo of Christmas activities is tiring. I get the same sorts of feelings you mention. I took our tree down today because we are leaving soon, but our prospective trip didn't lessen the melancholy of that task. I'm focusing very closely on a minute to minute blessing count each day.

No AL for me for three days now. Trying to be calm and thoughtful as opposed to my usual roller coaster self. I always think that I could have been a cloistered medieval nun had I lived then. I have an avid interest in that period and read and view everything I can about monastic living. Which is nuts because I am such a party animal by nature. Yesterday, since hubbs was back in his usual sequester, I turned up my ipod and rocked out cleaning the house for three hours. It was fun. Go figure!

Well, off to church then watch the Patriots. Love you all.

Comment

December Mod Squad

Hello hello! I'm back again, & finally have a night to myself! AF tonight as well!
        Not much else to report,
        Take care all,
        X
        Em

Comment

December Mod Squad

Welcome back, Em! Your time at bf house sounded 'difficult'. Lots to be said for alone time. I, for one, have always craved it, needed it. Fortunately, my dh is semi-retired so he operates almost as though he is still a working man, al beit one who slips away to play golf. Great to be AF!

NNG, how's your husband? Did he have a flu shot? Hope he's feeling better! Made decision over weekend to get one. Have appt this afternoon. Friends of ours left for up north b4 Christmas. Heard via FB that guy got the flu upon their arrival. I asked gf if he had flu shot (he's 76). She said yes, but got it the morning they left. They were in close proximity (hotel room) and she did not get it as she had flu shot sometime ago. Guess it takes 2 weeks to become effective. Local News is reporting flu will hit hard here mid-late January.

Crocus, you must have the cleanest house ever! Funny, I use Ipod all the time walking, never thought about it just around the house. I used to crank up music when I lived alone. We have lived here +2 yrs & I have not done so. After playing lots of Christmas CDs I replaced them with my favorites. Lots of Enya, Enigma, U2, Mercy Me. It's motivating, yes?

Well, guys, I am in a much better place now. I did drink Sat evening. Am so,grateful this a.m. that did not yest. Slept great thanks to Benadryl, woke up naturally at 6a, looking forward to the day.

Miss you Lasha, Eve, Stewarts, hope everything is well!

TMH
          The pain of discipline is less than the pain of regret.

Comment

December Mod Squad

Morning, all.
            Yes, TMH, my husband and I did get our flu shots in plenty of time, earlier in the fall. He is feeling better... bit by bit. I had a migraine yesterday, so between the two of us we were very quiet and sequestered. Good to lay on the couch and look at the tree lights, though.

My dear Crocus, I forget when your trip is... coming up, no? I am jealous! I will be sending you good thoughts that everything goes just perfectly.

Neither one of us slept worth a wit last night. But I am determined to get outside and get some oxygen today. More than just the mile walk around the park with the scottie that has to happen no matter what. We'll see. Hopefully it can happen.

This is a "Rainy Days and Mondays" kind of day. Not raining, but blue inside my head and heart. I'll get through this one, too, no doubt. Thanks for being here for me.

Comment

December Mod Squad

Gee I feel so lucky reading this, I've just returned home from the beach. It's a sunny 26 degrees here and a bright blue sky. It was good to be AF last night because the boyfriend was picking me up at 7.30am!!! Of course tonight is NYE and we are going to two parties so there will be drinking involved. I am going to drink weak scotch & cokes in tall glasses. We can walk back to my place from the second party, it's usually a great thing to do when drinking...gets the alcohol moving through your body, or so I believe!
              I hope that you all have a great time with loved ones and friends seeing in the New Year,
              X
              Em

Comment

December Mod Squad

Happy New Year, my dear friends!
                Hmmm... Emmy. I know that 26 degrees means something entirely different for you than for me. Let's see, I think that is something in the 70s for us, right? Lovely. Beach, warm weather, sunshine. The thing I miss the most in our little mountain valley is the sun. We get inversions each winter and can go for weeks without the sun. Gets very gloomy.

Tonight, IF my guy is feeling better, we are going to go out for a nice early dinner (very early - like 5:30) and probably have a drink beforehand. Our favorite better restaurant in the winter is only a mile away... very easy. In the summer we love to go to an upper-end restaurant on the hill, from which one can see beautiful sunsets and the whole valley, but the roads to get up there are much too icy right now for us.

Hope everyone is doing well. This is my last post (at least probably is) of the whole year. You folks are simply wonderful, and as the year passes into the New Year, I will be sending each of you a heart full of thanks and love.

Comment

December Mod Squad

nonamegirl;1592966 wrote: Morning, my dear ones! I almost titled this the "Holly Jolly Mod Squad".
                  Totally cute NNG, I would have liked it!

:l
                  Eve11
                  "Control your destiny or somebody else will"

~Jack Welsh~:h

God grant me the serenity to accept the people I cannot change, the courage to change the one I can, and the wisdom to know it's me. ~Author unknown, :thumbs:

Comment

December Mod Squad

Hi friends!
                    There have been 9 pages of posts here which I haven't had a chance to read, so forgive me if I am not addressing something specific to anyone or welcoming anyone new.

As some of you knew, hubby and I went on a big trip to Asia. We got home on Nov 23 (U.S.) where I really had a hard time with the jet lag (lasted about 10 days) then caught a cold that developed into bronchitis and I am still coughing and not completely over it. So, with the business of Christmas (Christianity) is our religion, and trying to visit that sweet little grandson without getting him sick, I have had virtually no time to come here. I did get a couple of pm's and apologize that I missed them but with being overseas, my phone didn't alert me that I had messages so I didn't find them until today. But gang, I am back in FULL SWING (that one is for TMH).

Let's kick some butt for the New Year. A great plan is to report on Ruby Tuesdays weekly goals and if those goals were attained. Believe me, that accountability can really help one stay strong when they are honestly trying to report truthful goals and don't really want to post that extra drink...so they give themselves a little time, get over the craving, and can post the goal they wanted.

I have suspended a 20 year very close friendship with a woman who has shown me over time that alcohol is her best friend and not me. Her black outs totally scare me as we will make firm plans of events with dates and times set in stone and she will completely forget about it or do something else with somebody else that makes it appear she went with "a better deal" yet it's possible that was a black out too. Getting together has to involve drinking or she is not interested. For someone like me with a problem, I don't want to get together on a school night for a couple of drinks. So, over time, it has just become more and more clear that this is not a healthy relationship for me. There are more issues which would help you understand my side better as to why this relationship is toxic, but I don't want to go there with too much detail. Just understand (everyone) whether you are trying to mod, abstain, or are here just browsing and trying to figure out what to do, if you find that alcohol is affecting your relationships (especially friendships) it is time to step back and re-evaluate how your drinking is affecting you. I have gently confronted her with the need to take a look at her problem but she is in complete denial. So, I guess there can be no resolution until she is working on the 12 step program and gets to the 8th step. Then hopefully we can sustain a relationship again, but one with better boundaries for me as it has been quite painful the number of times she has disappointed me. It has been hard but I am trying to keep focused and busy with other things and meeting new friends that build me up and keep me on my own path of recovery.

Happy New Year to all! I'll be back...

:l
                    Eve11
                    "Control your destiny or somebody else will"

~Jack Welsh~:h

God grant me the serenity to accept the people I cannot change, the courage to change the one I can, and the wisdom to know it's me. ~Author unknown, :thumbs:

Comment

December Mod Squad

Hi Eve, nice to have you back! Esp. In FULL SWING. How cute is that! Just finished playing 18 holes.

Admit to being worried about today as last week on the 3rd day I got all out of sorts and ended up drinking. It was before my original Jan1 quit date but still. Feel fine today except slept poorly. Back in pj's for a nap so that I can hang with everyone tonight. I am not worried.about being tempted to drink at all, in fact, am kind of looking forward to observing behavior.

Have a good feeling about our group. I think we are going to see some real growth in meeting our goals in 2014.

Be happy, be good, be safe my friends.

TMH
                      The pain of discipline is less than the pain of regret.

Comment

Working...
                      X