February Mod Squad

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

February Mod Squad

White Rabbits to all on the first of the month!

I was about to post something else than got a big smile and thought - I can start the Feb Mod Squad. Another funny little thing to make me happy.

I woke up with a headache. It's not a bad one and I think two Advil and a second cup of coffee should nix it. It's not light enough yet to see if it's overcast and "heavy" (headache-producing) weather, but I also had three glasses of wine last evening. Moderate, under 6 units, but is my tolerance that low already? Not a bad thing at all.

All the best to everyone on a moderate February. It's gets warmer and lighter from now (in the northern hemisphere at any rate).

:l

February Mod Squad

Good Morning All , and welcome to February.

I have such high hopes for us all this month. I ended up having four drinks yesterday instead of 3, but they were over a 5 hour span, so I'm OK with it. Feel good today; up early. Enjoyed a nice evening last night. Whew! One no-drama weekend night accomplished!

My daughter summarized my husband's attitude last week. She said, "This is how Dad behaves towards you: 'If I'm not speaking to you, you are interrupting me.'"
    That really made me laugh, but I see that it is absolutely true! I'm aware of it now, so I'm going to gently work to completely turn that around, and in doing so, change my bad drinking habits. I have to get over my dreadful fear of confronting him. After all, I know he does love me, and to some extent, I have created this situation by allowing it to become the norm.

Today, lots to do. Also will contact all my kids to "share" in their superbowl prognostications. I am going to stop off at the chapel today soak up some grace, and I will send a big heap of it to all of you!

Here we go! A new month! We will have ups and downs, but we are HERE, and working to be good, joyful, generous, and healthy people. God will bless us!

Comment

February Mod Squad

Ooh after reading the last of January's posts I have to say that I just dream of a time when we might get snow! My boyfriend rolls his eyes when we go to Berlin and I say how much I love it every time we go outside. For me it's still such a novelty that I forget about it until I go out and then I'm in awe again at the wonderland. It crunches underfoot and makes the whole world beautifully silent. He has had to live with it going slushy and slowing you down at every task.
      It has been sooo hot again here this week, I envy you all, at least you can put on more clothes
      X
      Em

Comment

February Mod Squad

Dancing Girl, thanks for starting us off! By the way, I love your name. I used to be a certified teacher of Nia, which is a lovely dance based exercise. You might inspire me to get back into it!

Crocus, thank you for sending me the heap of peace yesterday. I needed it, and I felt it! You are so gracious to always think of us. I wish there was a way we all could support your plans with your husband. You deserve to be treated all the time with the love, respect and gentleness you deserve - not just when he feels okay with it. Hugs, my dear.

Emmy Lou! When I go for my second walk this afternoon, I will take you with me in my heart, and hopefully you can feel some of the coolness of our current lovely snow. (My little scottie, with her three inch legs, just loves bounding through drifts over her head. ) We are expecting to get lots more snow and below zero temps this coming week. By that time, I'll be channeling YOU so that I can feel your warmth.

My husband has been gone now for over four days. I am doing all I can to keep busy and not mope.

Comment

February Mod Squad

OOPS! I just read the last entries of the January Mod Squad, and wanted to comment!

Dip Gal, we're in this together. February is going to be our month to shine, Girl!

Crocus, I LOVE your memories of the polka and creature feature. I want to come! Going back in time in our memories is such fun (for most of us...wish it was for all of us) . I live in my god-parents' house, which was the scene of many lovely parties. Absolutely every person I have ever truly loved has been in this house multiple times. I will never move, because I can feel all of my dear ones who have passed over the great divide.

Comment

February Mod Squad

KNEW there was something else I wanted to say! DipGal, western Montana, where I live, is indeed lovely. Mountains, lakes, Glacier... but eastern Montana has its own beauty, too. Come on out!

Here is my nonsense to keep us in good spirits this month
            :snowflakefor Emmy)
            :alfCause I love this guy!)
            :beachfor those of us who are in snow)
            :dancin::crazymonkeyfor all of us who like to dance!)

Comment

February Mod Squad

Hi Everyone.

Emmy - What is it like there in summer if it's already so hot in winter?

Noname- Love your funny little dancing icons. How is your father in law doing? I'm glad you have "Scotty the dog" to keep you company.

Well, Monday, so I am AF today. Had a pretty good moderation week last week, although I did drink too much sitting through super bowl Sunday here. ( pre-game began at 3:00, and the game didn't end til late; I caved in to the "oh go ahead, it's only halftime" voice). Oh well. New Day, new week. Not going to kill myself over that.

We are having a snow storm here today. It is beautiful coming down so magically. I'm preparing my lectures for the week, and doing laundry.. Not much to report; just wishing you all a good Monday.

Comment

February Mod Squad

Hey, all!
                Crocus, my father-in-law is home from the hospital but there is still no word on what's wrong nor the prognosis. He acts as if he's had a stroke, but the docs say no. AND, as you know since you mentioned your snowfall, they are dealing with a ton of it, and all the doc appts for the week have already been cancelled by the docs. Frustrating for me, as it means my guy is going to be gone longer than we had hoped.

Actually, when he told me that on the phone, my first demon-voice came into my head and said "Well, heck. Just blow your plan and no one will know!" I decided to come here instead of go to the grocery store to buy wine. And, reading posts has done the trick.

Guess I'll play with the smilies again to cheer me up!
                arrot: (looks just my parrot - only smaller)
                :yougo:
                :danthin:
                inkele:
                :bath2: (Hmmm... maybe I'll go do this!)

Comment

February Mod Squad

Lovely icons NNG! And thankyou for taking me with you in the snow!
                  Crocus! It is Summer here! It's awful but only for a few days at a time.
                  My Sister came to stay this weekend. I'm worried about her. She could never be in control when she drinks like I could. She brought a half bottle of gin with her, and 2 bottles of red. After the first night she bought more gin and wine. On the second night she fell over on our way home, but still kept drinking when we got home. I had to stop her twice from walking outside instead of going into the bedroom at the end of the evening...things got better the next evening. She says she was indulging because she's on holidays & will cut right back when she gets home...I think she's really damaged some brain cells...I was on edge all weekend...family!
                  Oh well, I have a set of shelves to paint in the kitchen tomorrow, so it's bedtime now,
                  Goodnight all,
                  X
                  Em

Comment

February Mod Squad

Morning, all! For once I was able to get online in the morning. I don't know why I have trouble with it... I think my computer likes to sleep in.

Emmy, I am sorry about your sister. It must have been very difficult, and for sure she is killing brain cells. We all do when we over-indulge. But I love hearing about your painting project.... I love to paint, and there are times when I start thinking "Hmmm... the smell of paint would be really good right now. What can I cover in a new color?" Today I am painting chalkboard paint on the inside of my "new" cabinets in my craft area.

Okay, here is my play for the day... by the way, my bathtub smilie gave me a great idea yesterday.... it was a lovely hot soak!
                    :eeks::snowflake:enguin::coolbubble: Can you tell that it is a bit chilly here?

Comment

February Mod Squad

Chalkboard paint! What a great idea! My boyfriend have me some self adhesive chalkboard 'dots' once as part of a present. They're about 10cm diameter, at first I thought, this is weird, but I put a few next to the kitchen door and now I use them to make my shopping list...I photograph it with the phone as I leave for the store.

Comment

February Mod Squad

Oh, wow! Emmy, what a great idea!

Woke up to minus 12 today with a gale blowing. But now it is beautiful blue skies with sunshine. Still below zero. My dear old mother, when she was in her nineties and not always as sharp as she once had been, used to stamp her feet and pout "WHY do I have to wear my hat and coat? It is sunny out!" on days like today. I smile at it now, but it was frustrating then. I miss her.

Well, I feel really good today for the first time in a good long time. A bit light-headed from my cleanse, (even dreamt about being light-headed, how weird is that?) but all is well. So, here is my February smilie play. I promise I won't keep this up forever - it is only to keep my spirits up for the time bean, so to speak.
                        :alf::alf::alf::alf::alf::alf:

Comment

February Mod Squad

Hmmm... everyone frozen in? Well, happy Friday Eve, as I used to say when I was still working.

So, TMH said either on this thread or the other, that one of the disappointing things about going AF is that sleep does not necessarily improve. Boy, am I feeling that. Last night was a bad one. Finally turned the light on to read at 3, but really. I had slept probably for 40 minutes straight at a time the rest of the time. Ah, well.

17 below on the thermometer this morning with a good stiff breeze. Poor puppy does her potty in several quick times outside.

I've decided to quit my smilie play. I think the only one I was entertaining was myself.:sulk:

Comment

February Mod Squad

Boy isn't that the truth! Sure sleep eventually gets a lot better but can have some pretty long nights. I like your smilies!

Well, I am taking it easy this afternoon. Played golf this a.m., kept having to use inhaler and at one point told my partner I wasn't feeling well, had chest pain. We went in for lunch and awards; I chose not to eat. The pain wasn't getting better so called dh who was on his way somewhere else, he turned around to come home so we could decide what to do. I said well, maybe it's just heartburn. He uses Tums now and then, I chewed 2 and pain disappeared. So now we are blaming last night's tacos. Ate some soup & crackers & feel fine now.. Another way in which I'm turning into my mother.

TMh
                            The pain of discipline is less than the pain of regret.

Comment

February Mod Squad

nonamegirl;1623525 wrote:

I've decided to quit my smilie play. I think the only one I was entertaining was myself.:sulk:
                              I was laughing!!

I'm just so utterly swamped at work right now - no time to post much.

But here's a dancer for you :dancingskel:

Comment

Working...
                              X