March Mod Squad

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

March Mod Squad

Hey! Lasha and Stewarts too! Welcome back, lads. We miss you when you are gone. Sounds like both of you are really going through some tough times right now. I can relate... Depression hits with big fists, doesn't it? Remember to breathe. All of us here will send both of you good strong thoughts that things go better. It really does help to have others out in cyber-world pulling for you. Both of you have so much to offer the world. Don't ever forget that.

Lake place opened up. It was nice but cold yesterday, cold and rainy today, so we came home early. All is well.

Have a good Friday, my friends!

Comment

March Mod Squad

5 days since my bit of a blow out and I'm only starting to cheer up, guess I just forget how evil alcohol can be if you overdo it. Must be up to 4 months since I last did that, never again.
      Depression is so horrible, must be one of the worst things that can happen to you.
      Looking forward to walking the dog up in the forest again. Lovely weather.
      Lash
      It's not what you drink, it's how much!

Comment

March Mod Squad

Morning, all.
        Another night of not sleeping. Dang it! Rainy and cold out, too, for our training walk in only a couple hours. Yuck. I just want to be able to tuck myself up in bed and sleep until spring.

Lasha, good walks in the woods with the dogs are coming soon for us, my friend. Depression is so scary. Eat some good food, watch a good flick. Rest. Drink lots of water. All those silly little things people tell us are good for us really are. Don't beat yourself up. Take care.

Comment

March Mod Squad

Thanks NNG it's lifting a bit today.
          Had my old mate come over a couple of days a go and that didn't help. What a state, has lost everything due to alcohol and has tried suicide 3 times. He wont listen just wants to die.
          Don't let it happen to you or anyone you know.
          Lash

Comment

March Mod Squad

Hey Lasha & Stewarts, welcome back. Sorry for struggles.

NNG, same here. Did not sleep a wink. Benadryl, ibuprofen, sleepy time tea, no alcohol. Rainy here too, have 8:06 tee time. Supposed to stop. Hope you get your walk in. Finished my 1st week of Couch to 10K. Enjoying it, and the new shoes. Eating more though????

Hope you all have a great start to weekend.

TMH
            The pain of discipline is less than the pain of regret.

Comment

March Mod Squad

Hi there. Lasha, Stewarts, NNG, TMH... It's good to hear from you all. Pasha and Stewarts I'm sending you positive uplifting vibes for your blues. And for the ladies I'm sending sleep inducing thought waves.
              I'm feeling a little low myself tonight. I had a busy social weekend with quite a bit of drinking. I had planned it and didn't stray from the plan so there was no hangover thank goodness.
              I had dinner out Fri, Sat and tonight. I also saw four bands. I think the alcohol has made me feel very melancholy. I have an inkling of that old dread feeling in the pit of my stomach. It makes one quite emotionally fragile or a bit raw. I think it's the contrast with my relatively good week where I hardly drank a thing and now the weekend drinking has made very me tired.
              I watched the Liberace film 'Behind the candelabra' after I got home and that didn't help the mood although it's a pretty good film.
              I'm in bed now and I just know that I'll feel better in the morning.
              Goodnight all,
              X
              Em

Comment

March Mod Squad

Morning, all.
                Slept better last night, thank goodness. Our 5 mile training walk (soaked to the skin after two minutes) was fun, cold and made me feel energized. YES! This is what I look for in exercise. Now I remember!

I am sure you read my response to -143 who wrote in the January ModSquad recently. I hope you all think what I said was okay.

Lasha and Stewarts, how are you doing today? Have a good breakfast, go for a walk, enjoy the spring weather no matter what it is doing outside. You both are in my thoughts today.

Have a wonderful Sunday, my friends!

Comment

March Mod Squad

And Happy Sunday to you all! Glad you got 5 miles in AND slept better, NNG. How many times a week does your training group meet?

I also slept well, however, alcohol induced plus just being plain tired. We did get all 18 holes of golf in, stopped raining, in fact, got quite warm. Only 3 of us in Sat. group showed up. Went to 5:00p church, then out to dinner and immensely enjoyed 2 glasses of chardonnay with an excellent, relaxing dinner. It was raining again, but where I was sitting I could see outdoors, and it was absolutely lush and beautiful. No regrets.

Netflix movie recommendation: The Lucky One

Em, I get what you are saying. Kind of like you are on that edge. Hope you woke up feeling great!

Dh and I are going out to play golf. It's a sunny day, but will be cart path only. More exercise!

NNG, thanks for responding to -143. It was perfect!

TMH
                  The pain of discipline is less than the pain of regret.

Comment

March Mod Squad

Hi All,

I had a yearly check up with the nurse last week and got good news for my health, cholesterol, kidneys, liver and weight all were great and I think I got it in my head I was 18 again. I think that's why I had a blowout, what an idiot.
                    Getting over the depression slowly but am still having panic attacks and I know this has been caused by too much alcohol.

I know we all know the only answer is to cut back on the al and all will be better eventually.

I'll get there I remember the first time this happened I didn't have a clue and drank more to feel better and threw fuel in the fire.

Positive mental attitude needed.

Comment

March Mod Squad

NNG,
                      Just read your answer to 143, very good. I have just gone through moderating this week after my stupid blowout at the weekend and to cut back slowly is the only way, not stopping that can be very dangerous. It's something like 20% of those that stop drinking suddenly will have seizures or strokes. Of course depends on how much you drink.

Comment

March Mod Squad

Happy Monday morning, all my friends,
                        Lasha, I am glad you are slowly starting to feel better. Step by step in the right direction, right? Great news on your results from the nurse! Hurray! So much better to be our age and wiser, than the crazy 18 that you referred to, but congrats on having the body of an 18 year old. Amazing.

TMH, our training group meets officially twice a week, but I don't go to the evening meet. My constitution just doesn't allow exercise in the evening - I'd never get to sleep. I have done the evening meeting for the last three years, and learned the hard way. However, I do get my times in by myself, earlier in the day, so it evens out, I guess. I'd rather exercise at 5 in the morning than 5 in the afternoon.

Thanks for your responses about my reply to -143. Rough work ahead for her, as all of us know. I wish the very best for her and hope she joins us here.

I send out a big hug to each of you. Take care, keep warm (or cool, as the case may be, Emmy!) and be good to yourself. Enjoy our chosen way of living life of moderation in all things, as the good Buddha said.

Comment

Working...
                        X