WHAT IS MODERATE ANYWAY

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

WHAT IS MODERATE ANYWAY

I have read through this thread many times. For me, moderation is whatever low level I can stay at, without increasing. I tried to stay at 3-4 glasses per week, and could not. Now I'm trying 2-3 glasses max on just day per week. I'm not using meds nor supplements, so I expect it will be harder for me. Quitting is easier than moderating for me, over the long term....
    My life is better without alcohol, since 9/1/12. My sobriety tool is the list at permalink 236 on the toolbox thread under monthly abstinance.

Comment

WHAT IS MODERATE ANYWAY

Moderation is like butter

I like to think as RJ put it in the book. I wish to get to a point where I think AL like I think about butter. I don't rush home to eat butter, I don't think about having extra butter on my days off, but maybe on vacation.

I'm not there yet, but clearly on the path. Glad to see this thread is going and hope that it is helpful to many people.

Comment

WHAT IS MODERATE ANYWAY

hi chil,moderation,thats a good question,is moderation going on line every day,drinkin 10 beers,cutting the lawn 4 times a week and it burns,having sex 5 times a day,yikes wouldn t tht be interseting,had to thro tht in,im starting to beleive its when you no to say no,ive had enuff last butr not least its when you no youve had enuff and can still act normal,i guess ,i am still workin on it myfreind,thts why im still here listenin to all of you,its peace within yourself and it will take time ,i hope this helps gyco

Comment

WHAT IS MODERATE ANYWAY

gees i really messed tht up and im not drunk hahaha

Comment

WHAT IS MODERATE ANYWAY

I don't think moderating is that different from abstaining...as far as the mind set goes...

It's something you decide for yourself, and DO IT.

Just depends what your goals are.
            The only thing worth stealing is a kiss...:flower: zwink:

Comment

WHAT IS MODERATE ANYWAY

The concept of continuum is one of my favorites, helps me understand concepts better. One end of the continuum of moderation and abstinence would include higher quantities and frequency, and the other end would be never touching a drop of alcohol. I think there are people who call themselves abstainers who have an occasional drink, and there are people who call themselves moderators wo drink quantities way less than they used to. Each of those, and all in-between, is finding their own way out by meeting their own goals.
              My life is better without alcohol, since 9/1/12. My sobriety tool is the list at permalink 236 on the toolbox thread under monthly abstinance.

Comment

WHAT IS MODERATE ANYWAY

Thanks Sunbeam; I like using the continuum concept.

G

Comment

WHAT IS MODERATE ANYWAY

Eve,
                  I am bumping this up for you. My current personal definition for moderation is drinking at And staying at) whatever low level it takes to stop thinking about drinking. No cravings. Take it or leave it. No supplements for me - I am working toward control over alcohol that will last for the rest of my life, and I don't want to have to depend on those tools for the rest of my life. I am achieving this description through limiting my drinking to less than one day per week, but I have not yet withstood the test of time.

Comment

WHAT IS MODERATE ANYWAY

Sunbeam,

I know you said you bumped this for Eve, but I learned and gained a lot from it too. So thank you bunches.

You are a ray of sunshine! lol

In all seriousness, you truly are in inspiration to me in my journey.

periwinkle
                    Even baby mountain goats must learn to tackle the smallest mountains first. sigpic

Comment

WHAT IS MODERATE ANYWAY

BUMP for LetGoLaughing:

I thing this is a good collection of thoughts on this subject.

Comment

WHAT IS MODERATE ANYWAY

thanks for bumping!!

Comment

Working...
                        X