• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

June Mod Squad

Thanks Nng! You're so right I do feel better when I moderate! :thanks::l

Comment

June Mod Squad

Em, I can relate, if I'm with a girl and she wants to pound, it's hard for me to not follow suit...it's almost like your "unmanly"if you don't, especially if I'm meeting her for the first time or first few times.

Comment

June Mod Squad

Hi, all,
        Ah, Bear. I know all too well the pain of losing a furry friend. My heart is with you. SO very sorry.
        Emmy, good luck with your guy being gone! I hope you can relax and enjoy the time alone. Funny... I am the exact opposite - my guy keeps me a bit more level-headed. When he is gone is when I get myself into more than I really want. But, I am making progress on the moderation front, so all is brighter.
        Stewarts, things happen the way they do for a reason. I fully believe that. SO, you will be available when the great girl who is out there waiting for you finally shows up. I just know it.

Take care everyone. Be good to yourselves and have a lovely week.

Comment

June Mod Squad

Good Work

Hi all, sounds like everyone is doing well moderation-wise. Same here.

Interesting what a minority moderate drinkers are in the MWO world. There is no way I could do anything else, but I have to admit taking Naltrexone helps.

It seems to be that drinking has gone from being everything in my life, and I mean EVERYTHING, to being something occasional for certain situations (always social).

Made me realize how much of life I was missing, and that Alcohol was anything but a friend. Of course, I never really saw that at the time. Finally feel free of all the worry, shame, ill health, social blunders, hiding bottles, lying, DUI concerns, getting "caught", etc etc etc.

Is that enough ? YES !!!

Comment

June Mod Squad

Actually, come to think of it, 6 months ago, I'd be "enjoying" some wine right about now, as I headed into my alcohol filled day. Now, that is inconceivable.

We are all very lucky to have both decided to and found ways out of that hell.

Comment

June Mod Squad

Guapo, come to think of it, pretty much all my drinking is social drinking. I can't remember, or I RARELY, extremely RARELY will have a drink home by myself...maybe after a hockey game. If I get a drink, I even will go to a bar, even if it's by myself and all I usually drink is beer anyway.

Well, like I said, I had a few slip ups...all related to social drinking, but feeling very good now.

j.

Comment

June Mod Squad

I traveled up the forum list, to some of the upper areas, and I don't think it's a good idea to talk about moderation up there.

No, I don't think it's a good idea at all.

I will however continue to moderate, and maybe quit some day, but will likely continue to only drink a little, and sensibly, but that's my choice.

Comment

June Mod Squad

Oh we should've warned you

guapo;1675488 wrote: I traveled up the forum list, to some of the upper areas, and I don't think it's a good idea to talk about moderation up there.

No, I don't think it's a good idea at all.

I will however continue to moderate, and maybe quit some day, but will likely continue to only drink a little, and sensibly, but that's my choice.
                  Yeah, Guapo you don't want to go up there. Not everyone, but a lot of the people "up there" are very close-minded, and some are extremely angry, even being sober. All of us on this thread have had some negative interaction with them. The worst is when then come down here to bug us.

Even if I decided to abstain, I would still post on this thread.

Best,

j.

Comment

June Mod Squad

Yes, a real "eye-opener". LOL.

I'm not a fan of words such as beast, alcoholic, sobriety, etc.

They are all negative, and that mindset only allows one choice , and that's "toe the line", FOREVER !!!

And did I mention, FOREVER.

If that's not admitting you're powerless, I don't know what is. It's just not for me.

Comment

June Mod Squad

Whoops, forgot the word "recovery".

What does recovery mean? What would I be recovering from?

Comment

June Mod Squad

HI, Guapo and Stewarts, and all,
                        Yes, Guapo, you have hit on a subject that is a sore one for us. Some of us have been really beaten up on the other threads. And sometimes folks up there will take things said down here, between us, between Moderators, and used those things to lambaste us on the other boards, when nothing was posted by us up there to begin with. The one thing that really really bugs me, as many here already know, is that the Abstainers believe, almost without exception, that just because something is right and true for them, it is the ONLY option for the rest of the world. Simply not true. Moderation IS possible. It can also be JOYFUL. But it always has to be mindful. No one said it was easy. I am with Stewarts. If I ever decided to abstain, I would not ever start posting up there again. This is home, welcoming and supportive.

Comment

June Mod Squad

Thanks for sharing that, no-name girl. Anyways, after working a lot the last few days, my wife and I went to dinner last night, and overlooked a beautiful panorama at an outside table.

Everybody at the establishment was having a glass of wine or beer, as did we. I did my now usual thing, drank one glass of wine, and drink a little bit of her second glass of wine and that was that.

Seemed very normal and natural to me, didn't want to drink anything else when I got home, didn't drink anything else there or at home.

She mentioned that last summer when I was there with her and her sisters, I was inebriated. I informed her that I would never be over drinking in the future. She and I both know that's going to be a great thing for all of us.

Thanks all on this area for being so supportive.

Comment

June Mod Squad

Guapo that's awesome. I actually had a nice date the other night, there was AL involved, but nothing overindulgent. This was the first nice girl I met in a long time.

She was very sweet, active, a runner too. We went to the Solarium, the roof of my club, which overlooks Central Park...it's pretty impressive. We had two glasses of wine, I may have had three.

Anyway, this was a first date and initially I told her after the last drink order, I'd walk her home. Not that she was drunk, but she's a small girl, very petit, she seemed a little tipsy. She wasn't doing anything embarrassing or anything, but I thought it be nice to get her something to eat, if she hadn't, which my guess was she hadn't and I was right.

So I asked her, "Did you eat?" "No." (OH, BTW this was a night date after work)...."Would you like to get some eggs?" "Definitely!" "Ok, how about some place near you so you can get home quickly?" "Yes, that sounds great, I know a diner near me."

So, we had eggs at a diner. I walked her home, which was only a block or two away and then I went home. I got another date agreed to for early next week. Just need to figure out a date and time.

j.

Comment

June Mod Squad

You're dating up a storm man, that sounds fantastic.

Comment

June Mod Squad

You see? Both of our gents here just made me smile. Thanks, Stewarts and Guapo, for sharing your date stories. Each sounds lovely. I am very glad that you two are posting. Now we just need to get Lasha back on board - the more guys the better, as far as I am concerned!

Last night was AF for me, as will tonight be. I have a big training run/walk scheduled for tomorrow, and I have not been keeping up with the work towards it. This would be the long before the actual race, if I was in fact doing the race this year. But I'm not, and have suffered in the motivation department because of that fact. I am carrying more pounds, feeling less verve in my soul for the miles, and all in all just a tad worried about Saturday. But, I'll take it slowly, and the miles can fend for themselves.

Have a lovely Friday, every one.

Comment

Working...
                                X