June Mod Squad

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

June Mod Squad

NNG, what kind of race were you doing? Are you living in the United States of America?.

Stewart and I like to have a little wine as we gaze at the ladies.

I'll do a 25 mile bike ride in the hills if it's not windy

Comment

June Mod Squad

Hi folks. Love hearing about the activity. Am so anxious to get back at it myself. Lots to do today unpacking and since we brought lanai furniture indoors while on trip will do the windows and floor before putting it all back. Almost all my plants died. C'est la vie.

NNG, we'll get it back! Guapo, biking is hard but oh so good for you! In the hills no less. Stewart's, neat you met a runner. I found back in my single days it was important to date an athlete, preferably a runner. Reason? The amount of time you give to it. Guys would say "let's do such and such or do you gotta run"? I'd say "I don't 'gotta' I choose to". Remember one guy telling me I wasn't well rounded enough, too focused on running. Well, at the time I was working FT, taking 2 college classes, maintaining a house, beinq a Mom altho kids college age and training for NY. Good bye.

Back at it. Here's to a good mod weekend! For me, I need some time off and am actually looking forward to it.

TMH
      The pain of discipline is less than the pain of regret.

Comment

June Mod Squad

Hiya, all, and Happy Sunday,
        So, Guapo, I do live in the states, in Montana, in fact. For the last four years I have been walk/running half marathons, with the addition of two fulls my first year. And of course, lots of smaller races, too. I like the energy that comes from being at the start. But, this year the energy is severely lacking. Damn. I totally wussed out yesterday, didn't go with the group. But I'll get back into the swing, as TMH says. Step by step.

Here's a cute story from my first marathon that goes right along with what Guapo said about him and Stewart liking to look at the ladies. That year the walkers got to start an hour ahead of the runners, so we were about five miles in when the first runners passed us. My walking partner saw that I was not using good form - had my head down. She said, "Hey, Look up! Look at the view!" and she didn't mean the beautiful mountains we were in the midst of. Oh, my no. She meant the gorgeous backsides of the elite male runners who had just passed us. I use that memory to remind myself of the benefits of good form. Keep your head up, or you miss the good stuff!

Comment

June Mod Squad

HI all,

Just checking in, partially because of the short exchange about being slightly beaten up by abstainers. I don't want to stir up the pot again at all, and understand the fear and very real health concerns of some people who must abstain - but... that is one of the reasons I don't post like I used to.

I do lurk however, just to keep an eye on you folks. It sounds like everyone's doing well. I struggle on, but managed to work out this morning for the first time since I went on holiday. I'm back at my demanding job, but from tomorrow will have exactly one year left in my current position.

Happy weekend to everyone and Happy Canada Day and then Independence Day to other North Americans.

:h

Comment

June Mod Squad

I never would've known about Canada Day unless I was on this forum. I guess that's pretty united statesy of me

Comment

June Mod Squad

guapo;1677153 wrote: I never would've known about Canada Day unless I was on this forum. I guess that's pretty united statesy of me
              It's Tuesday (July 1st), so we're pretty close together. We also have Victoria Day, a long weekend around May 24. I was in England on Victoria Day once, and they thought it was absolutely hillarious that we were still celebrating Queen's Victoria's birthday "out in the colonies." :H

It's really just the first long weekend of summer.

Comment

June Mod Squad

Hi Dancing Girl. Welcome back! Get what you are saying, but in defense of the abstainers at least they "talk" to one another. Can be pretty dead here. I have found a few AF friends who are encouraging to me but, of course, would like to see me quit, at least for 30 days and see how I feel. I decided I was setting myself up for failure to start before road trip. Today's the day.

My dd married a Canadian so have been in Canada to celebrate Canada Day. Last year I was at hotel near Toronto airport on Canada Day. What was so very odd is all the restaurants were closed. Now wouldn't that be a big sales day with everyone off work??? A Canadian explained they would have to pay help double time if they stayed open. We had to sneak in airport to get some dinner that night. Note to self: don't travel to/from Canada on July 1. Do wish our friends to the north a safe, fun Canada Day tomorrow.

TMH
                The pain of discipline is less than the pain of regret.

Comment

June Mod Squad

Yes, Canada day is tomorrow I believe. I should know this, with all the hockey I play and Canadians I know.....

Wow, that was a lot to go over, but I did read it all. I had a nice weekend. I saw my little cousins and did a lot of fishing in Rhode Island. As for AL, it was very well contained. I did get some crap from some of my boat neighbors who are more my parents friends ironically...why all the diet ginger ale? I wasn't totally abstaining, just being responsible. I had some beers with my cousin when we made lobsters and fed the kids. Our BBQ on Saturday I was real contained. Smoked a cigar, which usually isn't my thing, but my neighbor gets some food ones, a beer in the afternoon and two glasses of perseco, during dinner....I even had one beer at lunch after fishing yesterday.

Funny, I ate a lot over the weekend and was dreading the scale, because I did no running, just a lot of boating, fishing and sleeping...I was only up a pound, I was psyched!

DG and Guapo...more for DG, I had this conversation with my hypnotherapist. . . She said she was thinking about me and my situation was unique...most people that go to her to stop drinking are in a life and death situation...they are sever alcoholics and this is the life...she was like, you, it's more of health choice and your athletics, yes there is some chemical imbalance that apparently happens some times, but you're not going to die...I think she was only bringing it up to ensure she helps me the correct way...which so far she has... Oh, DG, the point, yes, there are some people where this is a life and death situation, and that's brutal...however, it's just simply not the case for all of us...for me, it's more about emotional/mental health and what makes me truly happy and how to stay and or become happy...old ways simply don't do it for me like they used to.

Anyway, I got to cook those tuna steaks tonight...I have this girl coming over.

j.

Comment

June Mod Squad

Hypnotism

Stewarts, mine wasn't life or death, or mental health, but why not do everything possible to fix a problem that is obviously way difficult to control. Trust me, I drank prodigious amts of alcohol regularly.

I do no hear a lot of success stories on these forums, seems like a LOT of relapsing especially up in the abstaining threads.

Hypnotism is easy, pleasant, and ALL positive. All I can say is that I don't struggle at all with cravings and such, and they only explanation is mindfulness and hypnotism. It just makes sense once you discover it.

Glad you did well over the weekend !!

Comment

June Mod Squad

Just for sh-ts and giggles, look at the number of posts in this moderation thread and the general discussion and abstaining threads, or the newbie thread. That tells you something

Comment

June Mod Squad

Awwwwwww Bear.......so sorry to hear about your kitties...... hope your heart heals quickly!

Comment

June Mod Squad

thanks 143 xx

I've always found th AF group very supportive, I don't think posting about modding on af thread is needed - I've either done one group or the other depending where I've been at.
                          There's room for both here which is a great thing about MWO forum.

Wishing you all well.
                          one day at a time

Comment

Working...
                          X