No announcement yet.

I don't want to be totally AF......,

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Blue - I am so sorry to hear about your sister.
    "Only I can change my life. No one can do it for me.".....Carol Burnett
    AF - 7-27-15

Comment

How did it go, Blue? Any specific plan moving forward? No pressure, just curious.

I am going to go AF tomorrow, Nov 1 and shoot for the entire month. We are still on the road. Have 600 mi to go and have decided to take it easy, break it down into 2 days, tour Savannah, go for a nice walk and lunch. Smell the roses.

Perfect time for me. On Monday we are having dinner with friends where we are presenting information about an interventionist. One of our friend's wife is in serious trouble, he & dd recognize it but say there isn't a dang thing they can do about it. Her medical records are sealed. So don't feel it appropriate to have drink in hand. This month I play in a golf tourney with teetotaling friend. She's a good influence. Quit just because she didn't feel well while still drinking. Then her dh had a bad night, terrific hangover, said that's it and has done the same. I always think how good they must feel.....everyday. Envious? Yes! And I, too, can do it!

TMH
      The pain of discipline is less than the pain of regret.

Comment

Well the best laid plans........and I am not going to set myself up for failure so will post back when this actually happens.....today or tomorrow.

Comment

Well, I haven't been doing my 30 days of AL free, I probably should. Good news, things have pretty much been in control. I went to a Halloween party on Saturday, that might have been the one night in a long time I took some liberties and really wasn't that bad. We were home by a reasonably time. its all good. I think.

Comment

Today is the day! For sure. And yes, we start with our bi-monthly community Happy Hours tonight. But there is something almost every night. Going to make a healthy veggie plate with dips to share and be armed with my tonic water & lime & looking forward to it!

TMH

Comment

Go for it TMH! Having another alternative drink ready with you is a great idea. It will require strength and determination especially since you will be at a group social event. Be ready for those drinking thoughts and how you plan to back them off (I would literally talk back - FU AL...I don't care what you think, I don't like you, Go away). I always worried about events and what people would thing/say but I found that noone really cared...having a non alcoholic drink in your hand helps tremendously and as long as they have their own, they don't really give a damn what you are doing!

You can do this!

Comment

It worked! Stayed a little over an hour at the Social Hour, visited with many, ate a little more than usual. Got in pj's, had a cup of sleep inducing tea, took 2 Ibuprofen PM and slept just fine!

Hi Frances! I wasn't concerned about what people thought. If anything, I felt proud of myself. But then I don't relate to folks who switched up liquor stores or hid wine under groceries, etc. not that I don't understand it. IMO, People aren't that interested in what you are buying.

Love how coffee tastes after an AF day! Feel splendid.

Comment

Good going TMH. I'll bet the coffee was awesome.

Comment

Oh and with regards to your question about running, I don't go far. 2-3 miles per run a few times a week. Lots of walking too.

Comment

Hi everyone - checking in - good for you TMH I'm so glad you are feeling so good!

I'm looking forward to having my mom and brothers over for dinner today - I am worried about mom's treatment and how that is going to impact us being able to do this type of thing, so I wanted to make the most of the time now that we have. She'll most likely be starting treatment within the next couple of weeks, but we don't know just what it will be yet and of course we have no idea how it is going to affect her. My sister in law has offered to host thanksgiving so none of us have to worry about it - but who knows how mom will be feeling by then? I hate thinking about all of the 'what ifs'.

I'm just going to enjoy today and worry about tomorrow when it comes.

And hello to you both Ducky and Blue - hope you are having a good weekend!

Comment

Frances, how did dinner go? You have a good attitude about your Mom. It is scary. Hopefully, she will be able to tolerate whatever "cocktail" they come up with for her. I had 6 months of chemo and was fortunate, not a lot of side effects. And the good news: that was 12 yrs ago.
                        Hey, Blue, where are you? Ducky?
                        I'm taking a break from drinking. Was originally thinking 30 days, now I'm thinking gosh, that means Thanksgiving too. Usually my breaks last 2 weeks, so 3 weeks is definitely better, and that is exactly Thanksgiving Day. Have time to think about it. I'm surprised I don't feel 100% better. Maybe too high expectations? Oh, and realize it hasn't been all that long.
                        Alright, off to do my 4th mile. Ran/walked outside for 2 mi, now doing Leslie Sansone walking DVD.
                        TMH

Comment

Originally posted by ducky View Post
                          Oh and with regards to your question about running, I don't go far. 2-3 miles per run a few times a week. Lots of walking too.
                          Like your weinie Ducky! (Referring to picture)
                          (AF since 17 May 2014) 2 years 5 months sober

Comment

Hi all. TMH good luck with your AF plan. Sounds like it is going well. Eloise that is our rescue guy Hans. We lost him several years ago but he was the most awesome dog despite having just one tooth and a tongue that hung out! We have a longer haired Doxie now and an 80 pound poodle! Do you have horses?

Comment

80 lb poodle??!! Standard?
                              Liberated 5/11/2013

Comment

Yes Samstone. The rest of the litter are all around 50 lbs. He is the freak! And a wild boy.

Comment

Working...
                                X