No announcement yet.

I don't want to be totally AF......,

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Thanks. Not sure what I can do about the issue other than figure out what we did wrong so it doesn't happen again. It's not a good situation but you're right, things happen. I feel terrible about it but I'm going to have to power through this because I can't change what happened. It's not the end of the world, but it is a bad mark on my team's reputation and it could potentially affect future business with the group we were working with.

Anyway thanks for the support - I'm OK and managed to get through last night OK. This morning I thought to myself how glad I was that I didn't drink because I would have really felt terrible today if I had!

Comment

Hi again...just checking in. Yesterday was a little better and with time, I have been able to calm down about the whole situation.

Went to a softball game yesterday evening and my daughter hit an over the fence home run - her first one over-the-fence during a game so we were very happy for her :happy2:

She has been doing really well and has been relaxed and confident. She was a freshman on the varsity team last year and though she played every game and was the lead-off batter, she didn't do nearly as well. It has really been fun to see her growth this year!

My son's senior day game is Saturday - soon he'll have his last high school game and graduation is June 2nd. I am reeling with it all! AG you'll be there soon!

Hope everyone is doing great!

Comment

Oh, I can so relate Frances!! How exciting to watch your girl, I love softball/baseball. I'm assuming your son's last game and graduation will be super hard but also very exciting. I'm not sure how I'll feel. All I do know is that I don't want to be a drunk and ruin it all!!

I'm so glad you are taking care of yourself. You got this. Keep it up : )

Comment

Hi all - check in time for me. We are having my mom and brothers over for dinner tomorrow so I'm sure alcohol will be served. Not sure whether I'll decide to have a drink or not - maybe a glass of wine with dinner.

Hopefully I'll get some things ready today so I don't have to stress about it tomorrow. There's no reason why I can't - I'm just never good at doing things ahead - always last minute for me!

Today we are finishing most of our planting and heading to another game - unfortunately we've had a ton of rain and my son's baseball (senior day) is rescheduled but my daughter's game is surprisingly still on. I'm glad - I love going to the games!

I hope everyone is doing well with their plans and goals! Did you decide to try for 30 days AG? How's it going so far?

Comment

Happy Mother's Day everyone! I hope everyone has a blessed day!

Comment

Just thought I should report in about our dinner with my family. It was really nice and we had a nice conversation after dinner around the table. The only 'problem' was that along with the conversation, the wine kept flowing. I had 4 glasses - it was over about 4 hours so I didn't get out of control, but more than I think I should have had. After everyone left and we were cleaning I told my husband to just dump anything that was left in the open bottles - that helped ensure I wouldn't continue drinking - not sure if I would have or not but I didn't want to take chances!

How was everyone's weekend?

Blue, are you around? We miss you!

Comment

Hi Frances - I did have a wonderful Mothers Day. Unfortunately, I had way too much to drink. Ugh. I am not happy with myself this morning. Again. I posted in roll call so perhaps I'll try that route . . . I'm just incredibly frustrated.

Comment

Sorry to hear that AG - after I posted this morning, I drove my daughter to school and then myself to work....while driving, I realized I don't feel 100% - I'm certain it's because of the drinks. I am not happy with myself either! I felt a little of my old self yesterday where I just poured myself another glass way too easily. Such a dumb thing to do and completely and totally unnecessary. Ugh.

Funny you should mention roll call - I was going to suggest that you try it - it is a good feeling to post the days as they add up and really helps to stay accountable!

Comment

Hi ~ think it's time for me to re-join MWO. I'm feeling exactly like you, Frances and AG. Had a wonderful Mother's Day. Rec'd carnation at church, hubby took me out for breakfast, my son called early afternoon, played 9 holes of golf on a beautiful day, daughter called late afternoon and then...we had a couple stiff drinks. I don't feel terrible today but sluggish, unmotivated.
                    It's time to slow this train way down!
                    Major news is we are going through getting new mortgage for a house. We owned 2 condos, sold 1 and got it all cleared out and closed on. Kicker is I had to save so much not knowing if we would sell other condo or rent it out. Then turns out house we bought is furnished. That is good in that we can leave condo we live in as is and rent it out next season (live in FL). Rentals are in high demand. But now we have a garage full of furniture we need to get rid of. Have only sold a leather sofa and loveseat so far. May end up calling Salvation Army and just getting a tax write-off.
                    So ....except for yesterday, how is everyone doing? You still around, Blue?
                    Looking forward to getting healthier and losing some weight!
                    TMH
                    The pain of discipline is less than the pain of regret.

Comment

Great to see you TMH! Yesterday was better for me - went to son's senior day baseball game which was a disaster for his team but the 'senior day' part of it was nice (luckily that was BEFORE the game!). After that part was done, my husband went over to my daughter's softball game which was at a different school and so we texted each other updates. Daughter's game was a disaster too. Sigh. Both are going into playoffs next week. Hopefully that will be better.

Wow TMH that all sounds very exciting - nice to know you can have a rental - and that you're moving into a new house - are they all in the same area?

I'd like to get healthier and lose some weight too - Hope to be able to join you with that!

Comment

Hi Frances. Sorry your kids' games didn't turn out well. Yest was better for me too. Hubby played golf on a reciprocal course, made a Costco run, and came home with lots of booze. (Sigh). I keep telling myself just because it's there doesn't mean I have to drink it. Did have some but no wine with dinner and nothing after.
                        All 3 properties are in same golf community.our home and condo are 1.5 mi. apart.i got experience last season with renting out procedure, rented condo we sold from Jan-Mar. Assn does background check, for a fee, of course, which I passed on to renter.
                        Right now Quicken Loans is driving us nuts. Everyday it's 10 more things they want from us. Not exaggerating. We both agree we are never moving again!
                        Get to play golf today with lady friends. And then since am leaving dh to take care of latest list, I am going to make his favorite dinner- meatloaf.
                        Hope everyone has a good day!

Comment

TMH - great to see you!

Comment

Mornin' all!

TMH that sounds exciting and stressful at the same time! Nice that you are able to have multiple properties and get extra income from rentals too!

I have a question for you, if you don't mind. You are retired, correct? Do you think that your drinking increased after retirement due to more socializing and more free time? I'm not close to retirement yet but I think about it a lot! I took a 3 month break for travel when I was 26 but other than that I've always worked. I look forward to some day, planned by me (I say that because of all of the people who get laid off and get this forced on them, even our very own Byrdie here at MWO after 28 years at her company!!) taking a break and/or slowing down with work. I wonder if I will have a hard time not drinking. I think if I was around it all of the time that it would be really really hard. But I can see how that could be pretty common among retirees...maybe depends on the friends, etc. but I'm thinking ahead here and just wondering what your experience is with that.

I hope everyone is doing well! AG are you hanging in there?

Comment

Hello. Yes, I am retired and yes, drinking has increased. When I was in the work world I drank but in a much, much shorter window. Worked til 4:30, head to gym, workout and get home 7-7:30, have some chardonnay and dinner and got to bed between 9-10. Now I workout during day whether it's golf and/or walking and the daily Happy Hour starts at 5p.
                              And all except 2 couples that I know are the same. Our club offers 3 nights of dinners and Happy Hour pricing on drinks during season. Now we may be down to Wed & Fri.

Personally, I'm ok with having a drink or two as long as we don't get into the wine with dinner or after. That's where I can get into trouble.

This place is awfully quiet. AG? Blue? Hope you are doing fine. You too Frances!

TMH

Comment

Hi all - That was an interesting question Frances! My in-laws used to live in a large 55+ and older community outside of Phoenix. We would visit every Christmas. I remember noticing a lot of AL, starting around 3pm. Not necessarily the amount of it, just the regularity. Hmmm . . . I'm wondering Frances if it is who we are with too. So, what if you had a few non-AL friends that you were social with (they do exist right?!?!?!?!) I haven't found too many myself, but they are out there! Just a thought.

TMH, I like your structure around wine after dinner . . . that is exactly where I get in trouble too.

I also post in the steppers thread. Feel free to join us there if you wish! Have a great Friday!! Stay healthy - AG

Comment

Working...
                                X