No announcement yet.

I don't want to be totally AF......,

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Good morning. Not a good day yesterday. Thinking we had one more item to complete on loan, rec'd phone call saying underwriters rejected that particular item so all work done on that is null and void. Back to drawing board. I said fine, I'll just withdraw more from IRA. Dh came home & he said the same, increased his withdrawal. We can always change it again.
    Dh said let's have a drink, we haven't had one all month. Trust me you need a sense of humor in this process. Back at it today. Feel ok. Getting the boobs squished, oil change, and a little shopping. Then home to work on providing proof to the powers that be.

How is everybody?
    The pain of discipline is less than the pain of regret.

Comment

Originally posted by ToMyHealth View Post
      Frances, thank you for your good influence. Know you attribute your success to a long AF stint. Sorry, I have forgotten if I ever knew. How long?
      Hi TMH - I never answered this...my AF stint was 9 months exactly. i actually had no intention of breaking it but had what I called a 'slip'. good friends were over for dinner and before I knew it one of them basically put a glass of wine in my hand and I just drank it without really thinking. At the time I was devastated and felt very badly. But I didn't overdo it that night. It was right before the holidays 2+ years ago. So I drank again that thanksgiving and then nothing until a new years trip. At that point I thought, maybe I can control this. And I have been doing that ever since. I don't drink often - and when I do it is one glass or two. I admit that for the first year and half or so, my drinking was less frequent - once every 2-3 weeks. Lately it has been more often - about once a week. I've had so many 'events'. That's the one worry I've had was whether, if my socializing increases, I might slip back into old habits of daily drinking but that hasn't happened. I still don't drink at home which was when I did most of my drinking before. So far so good!

Yesterday was my son's high school graduation! We went out for a late lunch afterwards with family, and I did not drink. It was not a big deal, but it did cross my mind (it was a celebration after all!).

Nora and AG - thanks for the invitation to come over and visit the one step at a time thread! I will pop over there!!

Comment

Congrat's to your son!!! What a milestone! As you know, I'm right behind you with a junior next year. Yikes!

Comment

Well back with same sad excuses. Warning: long & boring but my life now.

Yest After running my errands came home to more todo's from Quicken Loan. We made decision to increase our IRA withdrawals. Got that in process and they are worried about an AMEX bill for $86. It actually was $500 thanks to QL. Ut I made a memo, dated it, signed it, had pic of bill, had bank confirmation email that Bill Pay sent $500 out on 6/2 to be delivered on 6/6. They still insisted on "paid in full" zero balance letter on company letterhead. AMEX does not even send you bill if 0 balance. Called them, they will send snail mail or fax. When they receive.
          Well got an email about how nice it was to talk to me & clarified 2 things: signed statement from dh about current address & this dang AMEX letter. I kind of lost it. Responded the Cap One & Amex bill were on Option 2; we chose Option 1 to increase oue income. After increasing by $2,000/month you are worried aboutan $86 bill? Which is what they insist the amount is. She had ended her email with have a nice weekend. So I also said well, I am going out for dinner to celebrate our anniversary of this past week and I'm going to drink. You have a nice weekend too, & I trust we have good news from you early next week.
          So there you have it. Friends, in fact, best man at wedding called during day & treated us to anniversary dinner. It's their house we are buying. Have to pass muster by the 8th to close on the 14th.
          Rec'd reply back they will tell underwriters we have satisfied that requirement & to take off todo list and warned may take 24 hrs. Okay, don't trust though so will ask for letter.
          We had a great time, had a toast and 1 gl of wine w/dinner. I will get this together. Am not sorry about last night at all. Our life is over the top social, but will have a better June than May.
          Anybody hear from Blue? Thanks for sharing about your AF stint, Frances. You & AG are at stages in life that I am with my grandchildren. Hence the trip to Canada. Last Canadian grandchild to graduate. Have 7 gkds from ages 23-3. Blended family.
          Today is going to be a long walk and clean house. Have a great Saturday!

Comment

Wow TMH that sounds like a lot of headache!! I hope it all works out for you! We have been in the same house for 18 years - no plans to go anywhere else anytime soon. Maybe after the kids are out of college? We'll see.

I have no idea what "getting the boobs squished" means (from one of your earlier posts)- what is that? I have hardly any boobs to squish so I doubt I can do that for myself LOL!

Comment

Don't you have mammograms? Sorry, I thought it was a phrase all women use. LOL

Well, only did 2 mile RT walk to the putting green, practiced putting for 30-40 min. Now am going to get my pool jogger and do pool running. It is already very warm out there.

Comment

Ha ha ha!! I got it right away. Hate those mammograms! TMH, you are doing awesome with a whole lot of stress!! Hang in there - AG

Comment

Mammogram didn't even occur to me even though it seems so obvious now!! Funny! I've had one so far which reminds me, I think I need to schedule another.

Comment

Well after watching emails all day waiting for what was next. Nothing came through by end of day. Got up during night and sure enough at midnight got email saying to check our todo list. They wanted proof we increased income, in other words bank deposit of such. That was easy & has been sent.
                    It rained almost all day yest so called golfhouse this a.m. To see if there were any restrictions on golf course. Was surprised to hear them say none.
                    So am going to make this a good day being thankful things seem to be coming together. I hope you have a good one also!

Comment

I'm having a hard time getting motivated today!!! Going to catch a quick lunch and try again.

I'm glad you heard from them and it was an easy fix. What a long process!! Makes me never want to move again!

Comment

Day getting better, AG? Hope so. We got rained on 3-4X but finished 18 holes. Would have had a good game if it wasn't for those darn Par 3's. Seems to be my nemesis lately.

Lunch was interesting. One woman got hypnotized yest in order to quit smoking. One woman said refinancing with a particular company was so easy. They did not ask for tax returns or bank statements. I inquired who that was. Quicken Loan. Well, that is who we are dealing with and have not found that to be the case.
                        May be proactive and call this afternoon. Later.......

Comment

Hi all - Yes, it did get better, thanks TMH! Not incredibly productive but I am not going to worry about that. I don't have a lot on my plate at the moment for work as I leave for the summer soon. I go out of town for three days of meetings tomorrow so that will finish out the week.

That is so weird that someone else had a completely different experience with QL!! I don't get that. Did you find anything out?

Way past time for bed!! Talk to you guys tomorrow - AG

Comment

Morning everyone! I agree with AG that's weird about QL and must also feel a little crazy!

I wonder if the hypnosis will work. I know a lot of people try that, and for drinking too, but I have no idea whether it's effective. I'm sure it depends on the person and their state of mind.

I'm drinking 1st cup of coffee here and waiting for it to kick in. Was up late watching the 2nd of a 3 game softball championship series - OK won the first one, and then yesterday it was a tie game and Auburn scored in the bottom of the 7th. Whoever wins tonight wins it! I don't have a particular favorite but I was impressed with Auburn last night and I like the Auburn coach so maybe I'll root for them.

AG do you take summers off from work? That must be great!

TMH I hope you hear good news soon!

Comment

Finally! QL came through and even want to close a day early, the 13th. Evidently, interest rate quoted expires on the 14th. What a relief!
                              Today is my brother's birthday. He died on New Years Day a few years ago. He had COPD.

Torrential downpours right now. Hope you all have a great day. Feel like I can breathe again.

Comment

TMH I'm sorry to hear about your brother. Glad you are able to remember him on his birthday though.

Very glad to hear the loan came through - whew!

I'm doing well and looking forward to the weekend. Weather here is absolutely gorgeous - sunny, clear, breezy, and 75. Of course I'm stuck inside at work. And of course it's going into the upper 80s on Saturday when we will be outside all day!

Comment

Working...
                                X