No announcement yet.

I don't want to be totally AF......,

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

TMH, I am SO HAPPY to hear your loan came through. What a process!

Frances, when I am channel surfing (which is very rare, don't watch a lot of tv) I have landed on women's softball and become hooked on a game. I need to check that out more. It is so fun to watch!

I am so lucky to be able to take mid-June through mid-August off. I take a reduced contract, so I don't get paid, but I really value the time. One more week . . .

My boys are finally done with school!! Yay. They are so ready for a break. Is your daughter done Frances? Any summer plans?

Comment

Thanks Frances & AG. It was really something, but so happy can now move forward.

Last night we went out for dinner and stopped at our club on way home. There was some type of outside event going on room adjacent to where we were and I told dh that couple is from our church. So as they were leaving he stood in hallway to greet them and invited them to bar for a drink. So what was going to be 1 turned into 2. At least I can say it's less this month if not AF. Still working on it.

Golf is cart path only today due to this week's rain. I opted out. I don't mind walking more. It's just that it is so wet and unpleasant. Game suffers.

That is great AG that you get the summer off. Do you work in education? Imagine you are at a game today, Frances. Hope it's nice. We are seeing the sun again today so think I will run/walk outdoors. Have a great weekend!
      The pain of discipline is less than the pain of regret.

Comment

Woohoo AG it must be awesome looking forward to that break! My daughter just has next week left and then she's done. Officially June 20 but I'm sure she won't be going in that day. We have one long weekend up at a lake planned and the rest of the summer plans are planned around softball tournaments - two are at beaches in July and are longer than the usual weekend tourneys - plus we'll need to take time to drive there - so that will use up most of the vacation time we have this summer! It's OK we had a very nice trip to Miami Beach during spring break (and no softball there!) so I can't complain.

And yes I get hooked on the softball too - the best is the women's college world series which ended earlier this week - it is so much fun to watch and the TV coverage of it is great.

TMH - hi!

Enjoy your day both of you!

Comment

Sounds like a full summer, Frances. We just have our week in Canada the end of this month and then I have a 50th reunion in MN in October. Not sure if I will go.
          Going to try get a game of golf in today. Then tomorrow a.m. We want a final walk through the house, closing at 1:00, made hair appt for Tues, have dermatology follow up on Wed. & will start hauling totes over to house, put things away & repeat & repeat. Since we only have sleep number beds to move, dh will rent a small truck and ask a couple of the bag boys to help us. Pretty easy way to make $100 bucks each. Golf course is closed on Monday so that more than likely will be actual move in day. Will leave heavy boxes for the kids.

Awful about the Orlando shooting. FBI now saying shooter had made terror threats in the past. Scary out there.

It's a beautiful day here in Paradise. Let's make it a beautiful Sunday!

Comment

Been meaning to ask, does anyone else have trouble posting without logging on 2X? I log on, post, then it tells me I am not logged in so I redo it and then usually my post shows up.

Comment

Hi - Yes, I am in education. I don't teach but work for a grant and am able to take a reduced contract. I love it, it is great for my mental health.

Well, spending time on the golf course or the ball park sounds like great fun to me too! TMH, I haven't had to log on twice. Not sure why that is happening for you . . .

MWO is very quiet these days!! Hmm . . . I'm really glad you guys came over to the steppers thread too.

I'm still taking the Nal and logging my drinks. Just starting Week 3. I haven't seen a whole lot of progress yet but they say it takes 3 -4 months. Sun told me to just let the Nal do its thing . . . I don't have much to lose so that is what I'm doing. Trying to trust the process.

Have a great rest of your week! AG

Comment

Talk about cutting it close. I finished wiring the money to the title co. at 11:00a for a 1:00p closing. They served cookies. I Was fasting til 2:00, we were winding it up and I broke fast with a delicious small choc chip cookie.
                Then at 5:00 sellers who moved into,their new home yest called and wanted us to come over for a drink. I would have rather gone to the house we just bought. So today I am going to load car with some things & go over & check out closets & see what they left in addition to the furniture. Meaning dishes, rugs, tablecloths, etc. know that she got all that stuff in the home they bought. That way I will have some idea of what all I can leave in condo.

How's everyone else doing? AG, can you explain how the Nal works? Is it a prescription?

Comment

Hi everyone! Congratulations TMH! I hope everything from here onwards goes smoothly!

Doing well here - I just got notice that my team is receiving a nice award in July so that made my day!

I had a wine with dinner when I was out at a restaurant with my husband on Friday evening, and then found myself thinking about having a glass at home Saturday evening. I didn't have one though. I need to give away this unopened wine I have in my cupboard - it's been there since I went to that concert with my friend - knowing it's there made me think, hey I can just open it and have one. But I don't want to get back into that. I should either give it away or dump it. It's cheap wine anyway!

I don't know anything about Nal - I hope it works for you AG!

Comment

Been MIA as it's crazy busy. And we have phone service and Comcast tv service at the house but no internet. I spend more time at house. Still eat and sleep at condo. Well, it's 2:45a so should say "try to sleep". That is the worst thing about AF. For me.

Frances, congrats on your team. Has to make you feel good.

Stopped to chat with bag boys about lending some muscle. Met a new guy who was all in. Said he has a truck and access to a trailer. He said we can do it all in one fell swoop. Proceeded to give me his name/phone no. This will happen on Monday as our golf courses are closed Mondays for the summer. I keep telling myself to quit dragging all this stuff over, but I can't help myself. It seems frugal to exercise when I could be packing, hauling stuff up and down stairs, and unpacking. I'm hitting 10K steps everyday with no actual walks or DVD workouts.

Soon I will chat like a normal person. No more talk of closings, moving.

Comment

Hi guys!!

Naltrexone is a prescription that I got from a psychiatrist. It is designed to block the release of endorphins in the brain when you are drinking alcohol. The way it works is you take a pill an hour before you drink. After about 3 -4 months for most people, your desire for AL is gone. For many, it takes longer than that. It also involves being "mindful" of what you are drinking, such as saying, do I really want another one? Or is that good?

I am following the Sinclair Method or TSM. I'd never heard of it either until reading about it here on MWO. There is a lot of information on their website at thesinclairmethod.com

I'm trying this as nothing else has seemed to work for me over time. Worth a shot anyway!

Take care - AG

Comment

Hi everyone- very tired and just remembered I'm out of coffee. I have to get ready for work and get the nearest convenience store ASAP!

Just checking in - weekend tournament went very well, my daughter's team placed 3rd out of 14 teams.

My son who graduated goes out every evening these days. It's hard to get used to because he never did that while he was in school and never wanted to. We don't like him out too late so we tell him to be home by 11:30.

AG - I hope the method works for you - I'll have to read about it to learn more.

Happy Tuesday!

Comment

Frances, funny, I have heard that from so many of my friends with seniors!! They are all complaining that their kids are not around now that they are done with school. Hmm . . . must be a developmental thing as they are getting ready to move on to college . . .

Comment

Hi guys - just thought I'd pop in for a quick hello. AG I saw your post on steppers - so sorry to hear about that 16 year old. We had three juniors die in a car accident a couple of weeks ago at a school in our county - such a sad sad tragedy. My heart and prayers go out to those families that have lost a child.

TMH hope your move is going well!

I'm hanging in there - out of town tomorrow and staying over night -as I type I'm wondering if we'll wind up going out to dinner and whether I'll have a glass of wine or something to drink. Time will tell. It's been weekly lately but no more and still keeping it to one or two max. My thought just a minute ago was that it's pretty much a non-issue one way or the other. I've really come to a good place.

Hope you are all doing well and have a great weekend!

Comment

Hi - posting from Canada. Arrived Thur nite and have yet to see the grandson graduating. Will for sure by tomorrow as it is his graduation party. Granddaughter is making all the food. Today plans are to go to an Air Show at the Air Force base. And today get to see my ex and his wife. It will be fine.

Yes, Frances, you are in a good place! Am looking forward to next month. June has been crazy and kind of still is. We Get home on the 30th and following day is a whole new month.

AG, hope everything is well!

Comment

Talking to myself here. Air show was excellent. Left before seeing the Snowbirds (planes in formation). Will be watching for such in FL. Really enjoyed it.

Graduation Open House over. Dd does this but after 3 kids has learned this is an American tradition, and Canadians don't really get it. Not as big a turnout and, of course, way too much food. Still nice. Now tonite is Prom and Wed nite graduation. How's that for order of events?

What happened to Blue? Blue, if you are lurking, could you c/i please?

Comment

Working...
                                X