No announcement yet.

I don't want to be totally AF......,

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Blue, that's a terrible story...sorry to hear about that!

So, I have been AF since Monday, that's four days. I don't plan on drinking tonight. As for the weekend, I am just going to play it by ear. I am saying I am not going to, but if I'm sitting in the sun, on the boat or the beach...or if I'm out for a nice dinner, I might want a beer or a wine. I am telling myself I am limiting it to two. I am finally getting back into the shape I want to be in. So we shall see. Good luck to you all.

j.

Comment

Originally posted by Stewarts View Post
      Blue, that's a terrible story...sorry to hear about that!

So, I have been AF since Monday, that's four days. I don't plan on drinking tonight. As for the weekend, I am just going to play it by ear. I am saying I am not going to, but if I'm sitting in the sun, on the boat or the beach...or if I'm out for a nice dinner, I might want a beer or a wine. I am telling myself I am limiting it to two. I am finally getting back into the shape I want to be in. So we shall see. Good luck to you all.

j.
      Good job Stew!!!

Comment

Hey guys I'm back....but I don't have good news....I still haven't had an AF day for the week. Tuesday I had a beer in a half and yesterday I had brandy and beer.

I was a bit depressed so I'll blame it on that...but I really believe I just did what I wanted to do.

You guys are doing great!!! Very proud of you!!! I'll keep trying til I get it just the way I want it.

I know it was only a day or so....but I missed you guys!

Hope you guys are having a successful day!

Comment

I am so pissed off right now!!!!!!!!
          I posted a thread in general discussion and a few people got offended!!!!

It seems like modders are not really excepted on mwo!!!! I guess were not suppose to come out of our modders box!!!

Well I say to hell with that!!!!!
          I will post and say whatever the hell I want to say on here!!!!
          This is some bullshit!!!!!

Comment

Hi Blue - I'm not sure why people didn't think the idea was 'helpful' nor why they decided to say so, but I don't think the response had anything to do with being a modder. I hope I'm not wrong about that.

I think there are plenty of other threads ('you know you were an alcoholic when' or 'what was the worst thing you did' or things like that I think I've seen) that also aren't necessarily 'helpful' depending on how you define that so it's not like talking about what led us here is a bad thing.

Comment

I didn't think so either Frances....

I just don't understand why someone would take the time to click on a thread that isn't helpful to them and then post on it!
              The title is very clear about what the topic was....

I'm trying to stick around here because it really helps me....but it's getting more challenging....

For a site that's supposed to be non-judgemental it sure does a lot of judging!

Comment

My way out!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
                Not your way out!!!!!!!!!!
                I have a right to do it my way!!!!!

Comment

Originally posted by frances View Post
                  Hi Blue - I'm not sure why people didn't think the idea was 'helpful' nor why they decided to say so, but I don't think the response had anything to do with being a modder. I hope I'm not wrong about that.

I think there are plenty of other threads ('you know you were an alcoholic when' or 'what was the worst thing you did' or things like that I think I've seen) that also aren't necessarily 'helpful' depending on how you define that so it's not like talking about what led us here is a bad thing.
                  Frances-I didn't think it was about me being a modder...I'm just saying I should be comfortable posting on general discussion about what is helpful to me...if someone doesn't agree with it just keep moving!

Comment

Originally posted by blue1 View Post
                    It seems like modders are not really excepted on mwo!!!! I guess were not suppose to come out of our modders box!!!
                    OK good. I mentioned that because of what you said originally above, where it sounded like you thought the comment was there because you were a modder. I wasn't sure why you felt that way, so I'm glad you don't!

Comment

I also just saw your 'stop bullying' thread where you saying you think that as a modder you feel unwanted - it seems to be directly linked to the problem you had earlier with the other thread. I have no idea where you are getting this 'modders are unwanted' from. And after first saying modders aren't welcome to share their opinion you even said here that you don't think it was because you are a modder.

:huh: I'm confused.

Sorry you're upset but I think you are overreacting to a relatively minor thing.

What a crazy day on MWO today. Not sure what the heck is going on?!
                      Last edited by frances; August 14, 2015, 02:43 PM.

Comment

Well....Frances....I guess I brought up the modding thing because when I first started posting here again I was posting on a general discussion thread because the modders forum was dead and I really needed to talk to somebody....anybody....but I was asked not to talk about my modding on that thread because it was bothering some and maybe I should start my own thread. So that's what I did.

But yesterday I started the thread in general discussion and still felt like they were saying don't talk about AL here. So to me it seems like a few are saying stay in the mod section...and I don't think that's fair.

I wanted to hear from long term AB....short term AB.....modders....etc.
                        It was just like you said....just wanted to know how we got here....from different paths...that's all.

And yes I was very upset when I posted...but I'm calmer now.

Comment

Glad you're calmer now :happy2:

I truly don't think it had anything to do with you being a modder and not being welcome to post under 'general discussion'. I do hope I'm right about that. I have been around for awhile and I have never seen AF folks be disrespectful to modders. They honestly don't think modding is successful and also it is very hard to hear from people who drink who have no intention of stopping. It is nothing personal. That's why there are different threads/sections/etc. - I think it is OK for someone on an abstinence focused thread to request that people not talk about modding, because it is difficult for them. But I can see that it would also feel a little hurtful. Sorry you feel that way! Unfortunately, most of the active threads are abstinence focused. I personally get a ton of benefit from reading them. I sometimes contribute - I will talk about how I keep from drinking, how I benefit from not drinking etc. but I never talk about drinking. I have no idea if people would prefer I stay away, but I will say that I have NEVER been made to feel unwelcome, and I know that there are some who are aware of my situation. I hope that they don't mind me posting from time to time or 'liking' their posts etc. anyway we should simply respect each other and I think you agree with that.

Comment

Originally posted by frances View Post
                            Glad you're calmer now :happy2:

I truly don't think it had anything to do with you being a modder and not being welcome to post under 'general discussion'. I do hope I'm right about that. I have been around for awhile and I have never seen AF folks be disrespectful to modders. They honestly don't think modding is successful and also it is very hard to hear from people who drink who have no intention of stopping. It is nothing personal. That's why there are different threads/sections/etc. - I think it is OK for someone on an abstinence focused thread to request that people not talk about modding, because it is difficult for them. But I can see that it would also feel a little hurtful. Sorry you feel that way! Unfortunately, most of the active threads are abstinence focused. I personally get a ton of benefit from reading them. I sometimes contribute - I will talk about how I keep from drinking, how I benefit from not drinking etc. but I never talk about drinking. I have no idea if people would prefer I stay away, but I will say that I have NEVER been made to feel unwelcome, and I know that there are some who are aware of my situation. I hope that they don't mind me posting from time to time or 'liking' their posts etc. anyway we should simply respect each other and I think you agree with that.
                            Indeed Frances....I truly understood when asked not to...and I still post on that thread...just not about drinking...

Comment

On a different note...how is everyone?

Comment

Doing good here Blue - Very glad it's Saturday! I need to get this house cleaned up - it's a mess!

Comment

Working...
                                X