No announcement yet.

I don't want to be totally AF......,

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Thanks Frances....sorry to hear you have to work on your vacation...but enjoy the view!

I ended up calling the guy back yesterday...he said he hadn't got my message...but because it's a three story house he said he'll ride pass and then call me with an estimate.
    I don't know....I don't have a good feeling about this....

Comment

How is everyone else doing...TMH...Stew?

Comment

Doing ok here. Yest was a dermatologist appt & Costco run, grocery store. Day goes by fast. Did get a 2.25 mi walk in to make 10K steps. This am ran/walked outdoors as I beat the heat, then lifted weights. Time to shower & get ready for hospital shift. This running there every week is getting a little old, but they need the help. Esp since an 80+ yo lady worked all morning shifts Mon-Fri and passed away last week. Now they have asked me if I would work all day. (((Sigh)))
        But, hey, if that is the worst of my problems, life is pretty good! Don't have a leaky roof. Did guy take a look, Blue? Isn't that funny how when you have a bad taste about something, you are usually right?
        Frances, that is a lot of hours! And here I sit complaining about doing 4. Bet you could smack me. LOL
        Have a wonderful Wednesday!
        The pain of discipline is less than the pain of regret.

Comment

Hi all - day 3 of the marathon work schedule over! you're funny TMH. I'm not mad at you complaining about working 4 hours but I am definitely a little jealous!

But I really can't complain I am very blessed to enjoy my job and love the people I work with!

Hang in there everyone and good luck meeting your goals. I am doing pretty great knock on wood!

Comment

Morning guys!

I haven't heard back from him yet...he didn't give me an exact day he was going to ride pass. But just like I said...I'm not really feeling him.

I went on craigslist yesterday and found two other guys...I'll be calling them today....

I went to sleep feeling sad about my sister cause she is still throwing up and has diarrhea. We had been waiting on her results from the endoscopy for weeks now. She kept telling me she hadn't heard anything....so I called this morning and they said on her discharge paper it said to call in one week for this results....I didn't see that. But they are going to call her today...and if she doesn't answer (which she hasn't been doing cause she's so sick) they are going to call me. At least we'll know what the next step will be.

I'm trying to have faith and believe she's going to get better....but right now it doesn't look good.

And it's suppose to rain today....

I didn't mod at all yesterday...I just drank....

Please keep us in your prayers....

Comment

Originally posted by ToMyHealth View Post
              Doing ok here. Yest was a dermatologist appt & Costco run, grocery store. Day goes by fast. Did get a 2.25 mi walk in to make 10K steps. This am ran/walked outdoors as I beat the heat, then lifted weights. Time to shower & get ready for hospital shift. This running there every week is getting a little old, but they need the help. Esp since an 80+ yo lady worked all morning shifts Mon-Fri and passed away last week. Now they have asked me if I would work all day. (((Sigh)))
              But, hey, if that is the worst of my problems, life is pretty good! Don't have a leaky roof. Did guy take a look, Blue? Isn't that funny how when you have a bad taste about something, you are usually right?
              Frances, that is a lot of hours! And here I sit complaining about doing 4. Bet you could smack me. LOL
              Have a wonderful Wednesday!
              Glad to see you TMH....keep up the good work!!!
              What do you do on your job?

Comment

Originally posted by frances View Post
                Hi all - day 3 of the marathon work schedule over! you're funny TMH. I'm not mad at you complaining about working 4 hours but I am definitely a little jealous!

But I really can't complain I am very blessed to enjoy my job and love the people I work with!

Hang in there everyone and good luck meeting your goals. I am doing pretty great knock on wood!
                Frances that's great that you enjoy your job...not many can say that.
                Hope you get some rest tho.

Comment

Hi Blue, I work as a volunteer in the Blood Donor Center at a hospital. Check people in, answer phones mostly from people who gave blood recently and want to know either their blood type or cholesterol. Had to learn two different software programs. Nurses often have little jobs for me. They also trained me on another program where you call people asking them to please come give blood. Do not enjoy that as I do not have a strong voice.

Thursday kind of starts our weekend what with watching PGA tournaments. See Tiger Woods did well this a.m. As I often say, can't believe I now play golf much less watching on tv.

Noted today: 4 of us women went in for lunch after golf. We drank Diet Coke. Table next to us had 6 guys. They all drank beer. Nothing meant here except to say just noticed the difference. Keep in mind everyone is retired; most more than likely go home & have a nap. And home is within 1-2 miles with 25 mph speed limit.

Ok, better get some stuff done at least during commercials

Comment

That's pretty cool TMH...so you don't have to see the blood? I couldn't handle that part lol

Comment

Hey guys, so, I am doing ok. I did go out with the young people in my office last night and it was a later night than usual, and yes there was drinking. I just drank beer. More than I wanted to, but I'm not killing myself over it. I stayed away from shots and all that nonsense. I don't even usually come in on Friday, so perhaps that's why I was a little more "careless". Of course, I am a little hung. After lunch I am going home, it is summer hours here, like I said, I don't even usually come in, I am usually away on the weekends. But it gives me a good chance to reflect. For me, it's not waking up in a gutter or doing anything glaringly embarrassing, I just don't like the way I feel afterwards. Some of you that know me better, know it can mess with my depression sometimes, and I just feel too off. This is simply a reminder. It's like being sick, an annoying sick.

Alcohol is funny, even though it makes us feel certain ways, that we may not like, we still go back to it, compared to other drugs. For example, a grad school friend had got some cocaine, I haven't done anything like that in years. But I figured what's a line or two. The next day, I felt REAL sick.... trust me, I have no desire to do that again. It was like long time reminder to say, "j. you really outgrew this stuff a long time ago.. remember?" hahaha.

So the journey continues. Let me go, get a bite, go home, relax, go on a run and then head down to my gf pot luck dinner later.

All be well.

Comment

Glad to hear from you Stew!!!

I missed hearing your stories!

Please post more often....
                        have a great weekend!

Comment

How is everyone doing today? It is beautiful outside today...I'm probably going to sit on my porch and have a couple of drinks and take a nap....we'll see....

I am really going to try (no not try)....I am going to get some kind of AF time next week.
                          I think I'm having a challenging time because of all that's going on in my life at this time...but I can do this!

What are you guys doing this weekend?

Comment

Hello thread.

I rarely post on MWO, as I tend to get skewered to dare suggest that people can actually get away from problem over drinking and get a life back, that can still involve a little alcohol now and then.

I did use naltrexone, but at this point almost never take it, and almost never drink either. Really though, I don't worry about it, fret about it, have a lot of angst, or question whether I should or shouldn't be doing any drinking or not.

Just changed my approach to drinking to being mindful, and not being stupid and drinking too much, because as we all know, that's the road to hell.

So that's going pretty well. Just thought I'd throw that out there, as I used to post on the moderator thread, but that seemed to fizzle away.

Comment

Hi guapo!

Good to hear from you! I remember you....I used to be -143.....

Comment

Hi Guapo. Blue got Mods thread up and running again. Sounds like you are doing extremely well. Good for you! I don't think I ever figured out if you are a guy or gal.

Blue, I'd be happy to,join you with some AF time. In fact, I'm starting today. Will finish watching PGA with either V8 or tonic water or near beer.

Will c/i later.

Comment

Working...
                                X