Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Quiz - What Kind of Drinker am I? Use to help yourself!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

The link no longer works

:help!

Hi the link does not work, can the OP link again, or somelse maybe who knows the site.

thanks

Kevin
    If the prophet knocked my door with all that heaven held in store i'd probably ask to see a sample.

Comment

I too am addicted/allergic across the board. Thanks for this, it is always important to reaffirm the reality of the situation. Anytime I go back to drinking after abstaining for any period of time, after a few weeks my tolerance is higher, and I drink more more frequently. The problem becomes compounded. I can not go back to that! Great thread, thanks I will be ordering the book.
      While we may not be able to control all that happens to us, we can control what happens inside us.
      Benjamin Franklin

Comment

I fell into the bad boy category throughout the quiz. Can I take a make up quiz? Well that the reason I'm here right? I've had frightening drunk episodes too often. My last I woke up looking like Kid Shelleen from the old movie Cat Ballou.
        “Outside of a dog a book is man’s best friend. Inside of a dog it’s too dark to read”

Comment

Thanks. Very very interesting. Allergic/addicted-+highly pissed off. Thats my category!:

Comment

This bold truth is worth repeating, IMO:

If you clearly fall into an alcoholic category, you now have the opportunity to rewrite your future. You may decide to keep drinking even though your alcohol biotype indicates that you are headed for disaster. I hope not. You are vulnerable to alcohol and will become addicted in the future if you aren't already. The physical addiction cannot be managed into social drinking.

Since alcoholism is progressive, your drinking habits won't improve; they won't even stay the same. They will get worse. Your physical need for alcohol will gradually speak so loud that no act of will can overcome it. Life will become an unending quest for the normalizing lift alcohol provides, even though it will be destroying your health and sanity. Please remember that most alcoholics today do not recover. They die prematurely from alcohol-induced diseases.
            This is the truth that I did NOT want to see for the longest time. I could have saved myself some heartache, misery and risk by accepting this a lot earlier on in my life. But I'm glad to be on the honest and accepting side of this truth today.

DG
            Sobriety Date = 5/22/08
            Nicotine Free Date = 2/27/07

One day at a time.

Comment

Thanks for posting this Sheri!
              I hope to never take my recovery for granted either.

After watching the videos on the website I think I'm going to order Seven Weeks to Emotional Healing. I know we could all benefit from making those natural changes in our diet, etc. I would like to pass this book on to my chronically depressed spouse who refuses medication & is reluctant to make any changes for the better.
              AF since 03/26/09
              NF since 05/19/09
              Success comes one day at a time :thumbs:

Comment

Seven Weeks to Sobriety is an awesome book, as is Depression Free Naturally by the same author. Interesting that the recommendations for supplements all include aminos and if I recall correctly, B's - and more. DFN might be good to give a closeted alcoholic who has complained about depression.

Comment

Overwhelmingly II ADH/THIQ, with a little Omega-6 EFA deficient thrown in. Thanks so much for the great read/quiz!
                  "The Pessimist complains about the wind; the Optimist expects it to change; the Realist adjusts the sails."

—William A. Ward

Comment

bit depressed now (after reading tests results)

bit late, my answer to this thread... Thanks a lot for posting the test, I am Omega-6 EFA (what's this? my english is not the best and sometimes I have problems understanding medical terms..) I am thinking of buying the book but I had a look into the first few pages on amazon and stumbled over the passage where the author writes that not only alcoholics but ALSO recovered (or former?) alcoholics have nearly the same loss of life-expectancy - this is soo depressing :upset: One of my faults is being a fatalist and now I think - why stop drinking when its too late already.. I am pretty sure that I will not get very old (I'm 34 and have been abusing alcohol for nearly 6 years now (starting with half a bottle of wine, now 1 to 2 bottles every three days) and I smoke a lot.
                    I know that my life is a lot happier when I do not drink, so that alone is a good reason to stop, but I was hoping that it also would increase my chances to get 70 or so.. ;-)
                    I hope it is not inpolite that I got a bit off the topic of this thread, sorry.. I think I just felt the need to pour my heart out :blush:
                    thanks to all of you for being so patient with all the newbies like me!
                    love, moon

Comment

Thanks for this information. I fall fully into the allergic category. I am going to look for the book right now! :h

Comment

:bump:
                        AF since 3/16/09
                        NF since 3/20/07

Comment

I took the quiz and had some non-alcoholic responses, some alergic responses and some of the other ones...it's confusing. I have quit cold turkey without meds and without supplements. I'm not sure if that is remarkable, or if I'm just lucky. I did control my drinking somewhat over the years. Nearly every night I drank 1/2 of a 1.75 ml bottle of rum or close to it. Rarely more. Sometimes when socializing I would drink more, but I had limited drinking socially for the past 5-6 years because I did not drink and drive. The only thing I couldn't or didn't want to control was the fact that I had the habit of that daily 5-6 drinks.

"I like people too much or not at all."
                          Sylvia Plath

Comment

Working...
                          X