Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Addition at bottom...

You're right..

If I can post a simple article about the benefits of beer not have 15 or 20 AFers bury it in silly arguments, I'll be FINE..
    They can continue to post
    "THe Evils of Beer" on their thread and I won't interfere.
    That's all I've EVER wanted!
    :thanks:
    It is not how much we have, but how much we enjoy, that brings us happiness.
    ~ Charles Spurgeon

Comment

Addition at bottom...

Is this a circular argument?

Comment

Addition at bottom...

I'm sorry Zennie..

Because, really you're right..I'll step away.
        The articles are there, if they get buried, I'll pull them up.
        No more arguing...
        Peace
        Kid
        It is not how much we have, but how much we enjoy, that brings us happiness.
        ~ Charles Spurgeon

Comment

Addition at bottom...

Take this OFF the boards and put it in a PM to those that you wish to address your issues with, please Kid.
          I do not think it's appropriate to air our grieviences/issues with other members in "public".
          "The person who says it cannot be done should not interrupt the person doing it"

Comment

Addition at bottom...

:thanks: For more great moderation info Kid!

I've been a moderater since finding MWO...
            Long before we had boards separating Mods & Abs...

I know RJ, struggled with this very dilemma. I can't imagine the strength & courage she must have ...
            Can you even imagine the grief she must have been given & probably still is...for being open minded, and not buying into the whole "mainstream philosophy?"
            :l

Geez Louise...
            The only thing worth stealing is a kiss...:flower: zwink:

Comment

Addition at bottom...

At the risk of sticking my foot in my mouth (who am I kidding? I ain't that flexible anymore!)...

Reports of alcohol being beneficial have been around for a long time. And, I believe them to be true. NORMAL or moderate consumption. ONE glass a day kinda thing. Unfortunately, many of us can't do that. Not yet or not at all.

So, Kid, while I CAN understand some of your frustration with the majority of the board advocating complete abstinence, you need to keep in mind that many, MANY of us here at the very early stages of recovery (and long term goals which are probably not even fully thought through yet). How about limiting research or other articles promoting the benefits of alcohol to posts to the mod forum exclusively? At which point, there should be NO reprimand whatsoever from anyone.

Personally, I hope that I will be joining you in successful moderation eventually. Right now, however, a 'little' alcohol could send me spiraling out of control in no time and end up being anything but beneficial.

Okay, WHO put a stop payment on my reality check?

Winning since October 24th, 2013

Comment

Addition at bottom...

last I checked...
                This is the RESEARCH section of the forum...

Shall we start burning books now too?

Why have a computer if you want to "play Ostrich?"

Wish I were as flexible as i used to be too! LOL

Comment

Addition at bottom...

last I checked...

This is (supposedly) a forum devoted to recovery FROM drinking problems... Not a forum for people who need to be encouraged to drink alcohol!

Why come to a "recovery" forum unless you need to drink LESS... instead of MORE?

But... oops, wait! We've already had this little discussion... haven't we?

Comment

Addition at bottom...

!/2 full or 1/2 empty...

perspective,... use it, or loose it...

:welcome: One and ALL.

Peace out.

PS Check out the BOLD print in the original post...

Comment

Addition at bottom...

Accountable for Me;568713 wrote: I think there is a wealth of information for both the modder and the Af'er. There shouldn't be such a divide between people who are moderating their drinking and those who are abstinent.

We need to keep our eyes on the prize and just get on with it.
                      As I have said in my earlier post on this subject.... I took out of my last post what I think we need to refocus on.

The research section is just that..... research. Good, bad, whatever. Take what you want and leave the rest.

I remember when I first joined here; the modding folks had a thread going that was HILARIOUS! They called themselves the 'Muffin Tops'. Even us who are AF, participated on their threads and vice versa. There was NO tension, nothing. We respected each other's choices. We had a lot of fun; meanwhile receiveing tons of support from each other in our recoveries, and in our future planning.

The dynamics of this board has changed. And with more members, it should. But bottom line it barrels down to respect for one another. Sharing information. Supporting one another. There is NO right or wrong here. Whatever works for the individual is what should be supported.

Comment

Addition at bottom...

:thanks: AFM
                        I remember those days as well...:h

Comment

Addition at bottom...

SJ... with all due respect... this IS a HELP forum - as in seeking help/control of drinking. Personally, I really don't care or mind a whole lot... a report that alcohol can be good for you (be it here, on TV or in some magazine) isn't going to make me crumble and pick up a drink. But.. must we really post it HERE? In a HELP forum? And, for that matter, the reports at the opening of this thread are hardly ground breaking research.. not exactly fresh off the press front page news.

Again... I think they have merit and wouldn't offend or bother anyone in the mods section.

And.. while you're asking... I have a computer primarily to work and feed my children Oh.. and.. did you say Ostrich??? I told ya I wasn't that flexible! :H

AFM, I agree that there really shouldn't be a division. This isn't about 2 camps.
                          Okay, WHO put a stop payment on my reality check?

Winning since October 24th, 2013

Comment

Addition at bottom...

This is the research section,... NOT the Modders section

We shouldn't be swept off in a little corner like lepers, because somebody else doesn't want to read something informative.

Sushine, I'm glad you & your kids are being fed...

Ps I love your jokes in the Laughing out loud section..(did you know RJ started that whole section way back when...because I was telling so many jokes in General D? When that's about all we had?)
                            Glad a lot of folks aren't too easily offended by humor or that wouldn't exist here...

Comment

Working...
                            X