Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Alcoholism, It Always Gets Worse (Progressive)

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Miss O Just a GREAT story, and a reminder of the lifelong comittment one must make to beat these substance abuse issues. :thanks:
    “Outside of a dog a book is man’s best friend. Inside of a dog it’s too dark to read”

Comment

PLEASE No offense to MO! You only believe what you have been taught and convinced.
      This is to Teba, and anyone else who believes:
      "Addiction and alcoholism are progressive disease, and there is no cure. You can attain remission, but once an alcoholic or an addict, you’re one for life. Recovery is for life, and treatment should never end.

This in my opinion is the cornerstone to WHY so many live in a lifelong struggle with Alcohol.
      This is a lie. PERIOD. IT is what keeps people enslaved for life.

Teba and any one else. PLEASE read Alan Carrs " The easyway to quit drinking" read it again and again, (if necessary)and you will be able to get this monkey off your back for the rest of your life.
      Its what the medical community and so called experts have convinced everyone about Alcohol that keeps people suffering.
      Think about it. If you BELIEVE that you are a helpless human then what hope is there? On the other hand, if you realize that you have a beautiful pwerful mind that can think, reason and make choices, then you can become clean and healthy again, WITHOUT, any dread of relapse.
      People love to compare alcoholism to diabetes or parj=kinsons or whatever, but that is simple NOT TRUE.
      Trust your own common sense. There are millions of people who live happily WITHOUT Alcochol. You can too! The human race is frail and our climate is full of temptations and deceptions, but you are not doomed, unless you believe certain lies about alcohol.
      Please, read his book. It has saved millions of people. Yes millions. Myself included.
      ALSO go to this thread on MWWO......https://www.mywayout.org/community/f4...ing-32290.html Read what others say!

Comment

Thank you for posting miss october. I for one, truly needed to read that.

Comment

Curable Disease

bicyclesurfer;860226 wrote: PLEASE No offense to MO! You only believe what you have been taught and convinced.
          This is to Teba, and anyone else who believes:
          "Addiction and alcoholism are progressive disease, and there is no cure. You can attain remission, but once an alcoholic or an addict, you?re one for life. Recovery is for life, and treatment should never end.

This in my opinion is the cornerstone to WHY so many live in a lifelong struggle with Alcohol.
          This is a lie
          . PERIOD. IT is what keeps people enslaved for life.
          Amen surfer! Since fully acknowledging my problem for the first time last week, I have done nothing but research alcoholism, and I agree that the myth of a disease for life truly does enslave people.

Comment

I really don't believe it is a disease. We just need to drink less. If it is a disease then I was born with it as I was never able to drink responsibly. I quit drinking and smoking all by myself, so I don't believe you cannot do it on your own either.

All the best
            Netty
            We are your friends. You don't need to be alone again. So come along.

Comment

network;963887 wrote: I really don't believe it is a disease. We just need to drink less. If it is a disease then I was born with it as I was never able to drink responsibly. I quit drinking and smoking all by myself, so I don't believe you cannot do it on your own either.

All the best
              Netty
              Yes, me too, but years of irresponsible drinking may bring about the disease of alcolism.

Comment

Working...
              X