Tue. - Jan. 1, '08

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Tue. - Jan. 1, '08

Hello all - I'd like to join in for at least a 30 day abstinence period. After 30 days, re-evaluate and maybe try for 90. I'm on day 4; and for the first time in as long as I can remember, I feel great on New Year's Day. Just ran 4 miles; making myself a good dinner; feeling very good about the new year.

And I feel good about 4 days, because during those days I attended 3 parties and watched everyone around me get smashed as I sipped on club soda. I never thought such a thing would be possible for me. But it was just a negative attitude; not only is it possible, I even enjoyed myself for most of the time.

For those who mentioned 90 days of abstinence - congratulations! What an accomplishment! I hope sometime in 2008 many of us who are also striving for that goal can join your ranks.

Happy New Year,
    Dan.

Comment

Tue. - Jan. 1, '08

Thanks for the advice.

Mary: thanks for the re-direction to the newbie page. Also, I did see the drink tracker on a previous visit, and that visual is something I'm looking forward to using.

Tx.

Comment

Tue. - Jan. 1, '08

Hi all newbies and "old-timers" ,
        Happy New Year to all my friends. May all your wishes come true!
        Jen
        Over 4 months AF :h

Comment

Tue. - Jan. 1, '08

lucky;248220 wrote: MOW- you are 8 years behind!
          oh criminy...
          See children? This is what alcohol does to your brain cells.

:nutso:
          FINALLY -- I'm a non-drinker!!

Comment

Tue. - Jan. 1, '08

2008 - A Brand New Chance

Hi Mary,

Thanks so much for starting this thread. I would also like to join in on this again. I tried last month, and did not do as well as I would have liked, so I stayed away. Thanks so much for the advice. I'm still visiting the ODAT thread too. I like that one alot. And congrats on your 90 days soon to be :thumbs: Awesome !
            Miss October :blinkylove:

Comment

Tue. - Jan. 1, '08

Hi Mary and all my MWO friends, new and old ( we're in it together!)

Congrats on 90 days Mary. last year i reached 100 days and stupidly started drinking again.
              HOWEVER, i have never drunk like I used to in the old days since I fell off the wagon. I really do believe 90 days is a turning point and the brain doesn't seem to crave/ desire so hard. I lapsed into only drinking on a Friday and Saturday night and remaining AF the rest of the week.
              HOWEVER AGAIN, it doesn't matter how many rules you set yourself..." I won't drink at lunchtimes" or, " I wont drink Mon thru to Thurs " , after a while the volume and frequency DOES start to increase again. And i now find myself allowing the drinking to occupy my mind, when I had all but forgotten about it. Now, I start to muse about allowing myself a chardy with the girls over lunch, making sure I do have a chilled bottle in the frigde out the back ( just in case we have company, you understand)
              So, the moral of the story is moderation remains a slippery slope. It doesn't work for the likes of us. Trust me, i know!
              Happy New Year and may we all beat our demons.
              Day 2 AF for me.
              love Jane
              Jane :heart:

Comment

Tue. - Jan. 1, '08

Mary,

Good work as you reach 90 days.

Welcome all of you starting your 30 days AF goals. Welcome aboard.

July

Comment

Working...
                X