Tue. - Jan. 22 - Daily Thread

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Dear 30 dayers: I've thought about what happened over the weekend.
    1. I let myself think about drinking.
    2. I let myself get complacent because of all the accumulated days I had.
    3. I let myself think I could have just one to relax.

Today I will make being AF my number one priority. Wo/sobriety I cannot be happy. Everyone has complications in their lives. I will not deal w/complications in my life by blotting them out. That only makes me miserable in mind, body, & spirit.

I already put my zero into DrinkTracker for today, because today I will not drink.

I hope all is well out there in MWO land. Thank God I have MWO, because I would be off & running in a life of drinking wo/MWO. Thank you, Mary
    Wisdom, Courage, Strength
    October 3, 2012

Good morning Mary,

Hope you don't mind a pop in. Just wanted to say how strong I think you are. Keep up the inspiration!

Comment

Good morning!

Mary, you sound great! You are truly an inspiration to everyone. That was a blip if I have ever seen one.. right back at it. I am very proud of you. Glad it only took that one slight lesson. Thank you for sharing your insights.

Well, I'm off to work.. Didn't get much sleep. I was up at 3:30am.. didn't go back to sleep. Finally just got up an meditated. Had a fantastic meditation, though!

Today is day 16 for me. For some reason I really want to get into my 30's as fast as I can. I am not going for 30 days, I am going for life. That is why I want to get past 30 days and put some 30+ days behind me. I have done 30 days then MODS so many times, but never have I thought I would be AF for life.. looking forward to it!

Hope everyone has a fantastic day!

Namaste, my friends.

MM
      Face your deficiencies and acknowledge them, but do not let them master you. Let them teach you patience, sweetness, insight.

Comment

Good Morning ABBers,

Mary - Your resolve shines through. I, too, know that somedays we just get tired of having to fight ourselves. It can be exhausting. Other days, hardly a thought passes my mind about drinking and if it does it is a thought of "whew" I am free of that mess and not spiraling down that dark abyss. My daddy said to me while we were together in St. Louis, "Cindi, I hope you get to a place where your pride in Not Drinking replaces your desire to drink forever." He is a wise and loving man, I am so blessed.

Ducky - Thanks for popping in and saying hello. Hello back at you and, yes, our Mary is so strong and such a great inspiration to all here.

MM - You touched on exactly what my dad was saying. It is exciting to view life as one who is a non-drinker who is at peace rather than worrying constantly about what place we will find ourselves in next if we keep it up. I have followed your progress through the months I have been here and am amazed at the woman you have become.

Everyone else, hope you have a wonderful day.

Love,
        Cindi
        AF April 9, 2016

Comment

Cindi.. Thank you, that was a really nice thing to say! I have watched you, too, sister. You are a true fighter! We are truly blessed...
          Face your deficiencies and acknowledge them, but do not let them master you. Let them teach you patience, sweetness, insight.

Comment

Thank you everyone.

MM: I too look forward to a life of clear eyes & a clear head. I don't need to muddle it at all.

Cindi: We're in this together.

Ducky: Always, always feel you can share here...especially this daily thread...even if it's what you said the day before. We need everyone's input.

Mary
            October 3, 2012

Comment

Mary, I had a busy few days and somehow missed your posts about The Weekend. I haven't been quite Polly Perfect myself, although I was able to stop after 2 glasses and return to AF the next day...but how right you are that complacency is a big enemy of our quest! Oh, well, you slipped. As a teacher, you know that sometimes "learning" takes many forms...call this a lesson and move forward again!
              Jane Jane

Comment

i don't belong here. I haven't accummulated enough AF days consecutively to be in Monthly Abstinence..........I'm looking for Mary. MAARRRRYYYY.................MAAARRRYYYYY! It's mmeeeeeeee, FinallyRNnnnn............I thought you might have gotten lost and couldn't find your way back to ODAT. I'm here to bring you back. I been everywhere looking for you.........don't you ever do that again, you need to lets us know where you are. I need your wisdom and encouragement, we all do.
                Sorry guys, you can't have her, I'm taking her back.

xxxxooooo

Comment

top of the Tuesday ABerooooos far and wide!

wow, I feel super dooper today. first night back at my martial arts classes last night in about 2 months. I'm now sore and very happy wooooo woooooo! slept like a warm rock too.
                  the thought of drinking never crossed my mind last night either...hmmmmm.
                  February is going to be a rough month with lots of work travel to trade shows in Vegas and Longbeach and SanJose with workmates that like to toss 'em back.

everyone is sounding good and strong today
                  be well friends..
                  nosce te ipsum
                  (Know Thyself)

Comment

Hi All - Just wanting to send you a big hug Mary :l

You're still showing us how it's done. It's clear that your goals and your level of commitment have not changed.
                    Thank you for your continued honesty.

wonder xx

Comment

Mary, ditto Finally RN - miss you on ODAT. Have read about your blip. Is all. I just can't imagine you doing anything else but cracking straight back on with AF and AF only. You are so strong and to ditto just about everybody else (!) an inspiration.

Bessie xx

Comment

Well, I'm not sure I "belong" in here, but I'll try it anyway. I am now in day 14 of AF, and it feels wonderful! Plus I got my tube out this morning, life is good!
                        BHOG
                        War isn't working. Let's try Peace!

Comment

Everyone belongs here. Please, please post here. It doesn't matter where you are at. This daily thread is such a gift. It gives everyone the encouragement they need to go on. It doesn't matter what your goal is AF 30 days or AF today or AF forever. Please come. M
                          October 3, 2012

Comment

Good morning/afternoon all! Just popping in to say hello, and wish everyone well. Mary, I so admire you. As does everyone else here. You are stronger than you think, you have stepped right back up to the plate, and been totally honest. We can all aspire to that, even if we struggle along the way.
                            The furture lies before you like newly fallen snow - be careful how you tread it, for every step will show.

Comment

Hello all - I've been thinking about goals, and moderation, and what that all means.

I think for me, "moderation" means "going back to drinking without negative consequences". Which is a fairy tale.

I am still unsure whether I will end up being 100% AF, but...I DO need to find the strength to accept that there is no going back to the way things were. I can't use drinking as I have in the past - to make me comfortable in social situations, or to calm myself down, or because I'm bored, or any of the other myriad reasons I've used to justify drinking. If I am going to have wine with dinner, then it's going to need to play a role very much closer to putting butter on my bread. A part of the meal, and not what it has always been.

Well, sorry to go off on a tangent - hope all are well and healthy.

Comment

Working...
                              X