Fri. - Feb. 8 - Daily Thread

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

PeggySue: I've done exactly what you have, but it's true that the accumulated days you had before this slip count for something...quite a lot in fact. For one thing, you had 3 months of retraining your brain...breaking the drinking habit. Get back into it again. This isn't a contest. Today is really a new day.

BTW, my g-kids are as follows: my son has a girl, 7 & a boy, 4. My daughter has 2 boys almost 3, & 4. My son lives far, but we have him come w/the kids every summer. My daughter lives 10 mins. away. I see the boys almost daily.

I'd love to hear about yours. Mary
    Wisdom, Courage, Strength
    October 3, 2012

Comment

Hi Everyone,
      THANK YOU for all your words. Like you tkeane, I think I have to admit that if I start to drink, I just drink to get drunk. And Ask For...you are sooo right. I am worn out for beating myself up all the time and guilt is so easy! So I am taking your advice, and just going forward.

I don't want to count days or months... I just want to be a person who doesn't think about wine the minute I get bored, tired, irritable or even happy!

Mary, I have two sons. One has three children aged 9, 6 and 4. The other has two boys, ages 10 and 8. They are all so precious. I would be devestated if they knew the real truth about their "nana". They are two hours away and I see them frequently.

I also work and travel. I stay busy with friends, and work and family, but always feel like the black cloud of my "demon" hangs over me. My husband travels also, so I spend a lot of time alone. I have never had a problem with drinking alone, either.

Guess that's it for tonight. I just got my computer back and am so tired from trying to get all the software loaded. But I came to this site, first thing.

Sure appreciate hearing from you all.
      P.Sue
      It's a brand new day!

Comment

Working...
      X