Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

WEd 13 daily

Good morning AF crew!

I'm off on the road again...this time with renewed resolve. I'll be checking in as soon as I get my room in San Jose. I don't drink, therefore I'm not drinking today.
    Hope you are all doing super fantastic
    nosce te ipsum
    (Know Thyself)

WEd 13 daily

Det,

I am with you. I don't drink, therefore I am NOT drinking today.

Enjoy your trip and make lots of $$$$$.

Stay strong.

Love,
    Cindi
    AF April 9, 2016

Comment

WEd 13 daily

We're cheering for you Determinator! You da man! Don't forget, you have been my inspiration too.:l

Cindi and tk, thanks so much for cheering me on. It means a lot to me. I'm supporting you all the way in your efforts as well.

I had a restless sleep last night. I think part of me was trying to sort out what being AF really means to me and figuring out what changes I REALLY want/need to make in my life. It doesn't help to be reading EAT, PRAY, LOVE. I can't say that I'd mind doing my soul-searching in Italy, India, and Indonesia, either!:H

Anyway, onward into month 9 and then becoming a solar orbiter. But for now I have to get to work. We got a lot of ice here last night. I'd really rather lay around reading a book today....

Hugs to all

:l :l
      AF as of August 5th, 2012

Comment

WEd 13 daily

Kathy: Again congrats for starting month 9. You're super, neat, special, strong, powerful, & an inspiration to those of us who are working on a fraction of 9 months.

Cindi: I was thinking about Adrienne before I went to sleep last night. Did her doc offer any kind of plan for her alcoholic recovery? Does she have a plan? Unfortunately, docs simply say, "Stay away from alcohol"...like it's that simple. I know you can't do this for her, but perhaps you can discuss some type of path to the future w/her. If she's just going forward w/sheer will-power, it's going to be very, very difficult. Anyway, I just thought I'd mention this. Cindi, I've been where you have w/both my kids. My son had substance-abuse issues himself, & my daughter was w/a drug addict for 7 years(he eventuallty ODed...didn't die but it ended the relationship). We intervened w/both of them & things are much, much better. My son has even stopped smoking pot (which had a big hold on him for many years). Please let me know if there's anything I can help with.

I'm doing OK. I've got a few fairly big issues in my life, but who doesn't? I just want to be able to push through them. I settled something up this AM that was bothering me, & that feels good. In the past, I would have gotten drunk to blot it out & just let it fester within me.

tkeene: Keep on going w/your abs. You're doing so well. Does your husband ever come to MWO & read? It would be interesting to know what he thinks. Anyhow, I'm pretty proud of you. Today is Feb. 13, & therefore, we have been abs for 13 days. I feel great about that.

Mary
        Wisdom, Courage, Strength
        October 3, 2012

Comment

WEd 13 daily

Mary,

Sigh. I called my daughter yesterday and she was drunk. All I can think about is she is dying and all she can think about is how to give up AL? (I can relate...)

No. No plan for her except to quit drinking...

I am afraid it is not that easy.

Love to you, Mary. You understand. Thank You and God Bless you. :l

Cindi
          AF April 9, 2016

Comment

WEd 13 daily

Cindi: My son was on everything (& I mean everything) & washing it all down w/alcohol. I recently asked him how he got off, & he said that a geographical move helped. He's far away from us & his druggie friends that he went to school with. Also, he saw some of his friends (& his first cousin) die, & that was a wake-up call. We used to despair, beg, scream, yell, pray, etc. It was up to him to reach his bottom. We always kept the lines of communication open. I know you're doing that, & yes, it's up to Adrienne to want to stop. Keep praying. If you had seen my son, Jimmy, 15 years ago, you would have said there's no hope for him. Mary
            Wisdom, Courage, Strength
            October 3, 2012

Comment

WEd 13 daily

Cindi, my heart is hurting for you. I get freaked out if Maddy even overdoes it--so fearful that she will turn out like me. If you are willing to try Alanon, it might help. My sister started going because her husband drinks, and it helped her a lot. You will find so much support there I think.

Of course, we are always here for you 100 percent!

Dear Heavenly Father, please help Adrienne find that small piece of faith and courage within herself to start to fight AL, one day at a time. We all know that that small piece of faith and courage is all that she needs. Please strengthen Cindi so that she can remain sober and be a loving source of support. Please help all of us to support Cindi in every way that we can. Amen.

I'm not really good at this sort of thing. I feel like I channeled our SouthernBelle for a moment. BUT I FELT IT! Let us all ask for the help of our Father, or the universe, or whatever you believe in to help Adrienne get better. Prayers work better multiplied.

:l
              ADRIENNE:l

:hug:

Comment

WEd 13 daily

tk, that is why I am not using my name that often anymore. You all know me, but who knows who might be getting on this board. I don't want to be too recognizable. I trust most people, but not all.

Comment

WEd 13 daily

Kathy,

Thank you for the prayer. You have absolutely no idea how much that meant. You are one of the reasons I am on MWO.

I wish I could get Adrienne here. She does not have internet access from her home. I am thinking about paying for it but I am so over payed with everything right now. However, what is more important??? (I pay for lots of kids stuff )

God Bless you, Kathy. You are ONE in a trillion, no one in a nanillion. (is that a word?)

Understand, your prayer was heartfelt and heart heard. :l :l

Love,
                  Cindi
                  AF April 9, 2016

Comment

Working...
                  X