Thurs. - Feb. 14 - Daily Thread

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

First: Happy Valentine's Day everyone! This is going to have to be short. My son-in-law is sick, & we have the kids all day. I hope everyone is well. I'm not drinking today & didn't drink yesterday. I'm still awed by the magnitude of that especially because I've had some stress that I've been dealing with.

tk & Cindi: Love to you both

Mary
    Wisdom, Courage, Strength
    October 3, 2012

You must be stressed, Mary, where's MY LOVE??? Huh?:H Sorry, that is really meant to tease and make you laugh. You sound like you have more than enough pressure these days. I hope that your day goes well with your grandkids and that your SIL is feeling better soon. Your daughter is lucky to have your help. I'll be thinking of you.

It is finally a nice day here, but cold, brrrrr! Seeing the sun is lifting my spirits. I didn't even clean the ice off my front stairs yesterday. I just used the garage. The sun will do the work for me later.

Things are going okay for me. I am happy about that.

I am sending my good vibes to all our abbers who are struggling with much more difficult issues than I am right now.

Love to all, and to all who come later,:h

:l :l
    AF as of August 5th, 2012

Comment

Happy Valentines to all and especially to my dear Dx whom I had to leave behind as I'm on work travels. sniff sniff. but we'll be making up for it shortly don't you worry
      I'm AF and that's the way I'm staying cats n kitties. Mods can kiss my sober ass.
      so there! any questions on how I feel about that one? LOL
      glad it's warming up for you Kathy. I'm really liking this San Jose weather!
      Off to starbucks and then off to save the world.
      be well friends
      nosce te ipsum
      (Know Thyself)

Comment

Hiya Mary Det and Cathy (its OK cathy - I have plenty love and huggy things right now so you can have some of mine)

Happy Valentines day to you all.

Good to hear all doing well and keeping Al at bay.

Fine day here too - if a little cold - weather looks promising for my mountain trip at weekend - getting excited - and more than a little aprehensive as this one is technically "challenging" - even the safe route is described as "spectacularly exposed" (but being aprehensive is a GOOD thing - better to be aprehensive and cautious than blase and careless!)

(LOL - If I don't come back after the weekend you will know what happened - I got aprehensive AND careless! - EEK! :upset: )

Don't worry tho' - all mountain loving folk know that falling off mountains isn't dangerous....

it's the hitting the ground at the bottom that hurts!

Love

Satori
        xxx
        "Though there are many paths at the foot of the mountain - all those who reach the top see the same moon - as any fule kno"

Comment

Sorry to hear you are struggling TK!

You know the drill by now tho'

Plenty of rest , plenty of water and start over.

It WILL stick one day!

Love

satori

xxx
          "Though there are many paths at the foot of the mountain - all those who reach the top see the same moon - as any fule kno"

Comment

tk - so sorry you are struggling. Keep trying and it WILL stick.
            I can hear your frustration and wish I could say or do something that would help.
            Just know that we are here for you and are cheering you on.

Dx
            * * I love Determinator * *

Comment

tk, partner: I have my own slip stories, so I know where you're at. For me, trying to figure out why I did it doesn't help. Habit, addicted to that blurry sensation, whatever. The only thing you can do is try again. When the thought arises, try to turn your mind to something else. I know it isn't easy, but all you can do is try again. Don't think about the future. Just stay sober today. Are you going to discuss this w/your husband or just go it alone? Does he feel bad about the slip? As wonderful as AF feels the alcoholic pull is very strong.

I'm tired right now, & that tends to be when I'm vulnerable. My daughter just picked up the kids...it was fun but tiring. I'd love a glass of wine right now, but alas, there is nothing in the house. Also, I know it would not be one glass of wine either. So I'm going to make myself a nice cup of hot choc & settle for that.

Please don't let this discourage you too much. We've all had our slips. Mary
              Wisdom, Courage, Strength
              October 3, 2012

Comment

Hello, folks! Happy Valentine's Day :h .

Still trying to pull myself out of this rut of being sick. I would give just about anything for one normal day of energy. So exhausted all of the time. Struggling to stay awke now. Oh, well.. enough about that.

Tk, so sorry you are going thru such a rough time. I wish I had the magic words. I'll be thinking of you, hun. Take care of yourself.

Mary, good for you (staying strong). Good girl!

Hope you all have a great evening!

Love, Me
                :l
                Alcohol is simply the device between success and failure.

Comment

TKeene, hugs for you dear XXXX

perhaps the physical cravings are a sign that you are deficient in nutrients? my suggestion (internet doctor again) is to take at least one protein shake per day (the kind body builders take) and also a good dose of "oil of evening primrose". it contains something called GLA that is supposed to help cravings. you need to take quite a bit though and I'm not sure what that means but at least it's harmless it's also recommended for PMS.
                  feel better soon!

and Satori...if you fall off the mountain PM me and I'll run over and catch you before you hit the darn ground
                  nosce te ipsum
                  (Know Thyself)

Comment

Hi again all,

tk, so sorry to hear about your slip. It happens. You're still the same person you were before, so take what you learned and shake off that remorse!

Satori, I definitely want to claim some hugs, so please don't fall off the mountain!:l

Funny about hugs, a psychiatrist I used to know said that shame dissolves with two things, alcohol or hugs. I think we all need lots of hugs when we don't drink.

Deter, I think San Jose sounds better than Vegas.

Smooches, Mary! Hugs for Thankful and Dx.

I have been having cravings too, but not necessarily for alcohol, just for "something". I had been smoking intermittently since my sister left, and last Wednesday, I totally stopped. I've been kind of restless since then. Sometimes, I feel like I want to have a cigarette. Nope! Then I'll think about wine. Nope. What's an addict to do?? I have an oral fixation! Why can't I get addicted to carrots or something like that? I'm just riding it out, though. I remind myself that I won't always feel this way. I've quit before for long periods of time, and I know it will pass. I did join a gym though, and hopefully the exercise will also help.

Oh well, now that you've listened to me complain a bit I'd like to say, "thanks for listening!" And don't worry, I don't think I'm gonna slip, and it feels good to gripe about it!

Hugs,

:l
                    AF as of August 5th, 2012

Comment

Determinator;272548 wrote:
                      and Satori...if you fall off the mountain PM me and I'll run over and catch you before you hit the darn ground
                      Knowing you lot on here ..........I wouldn't be at all surprised if you did Det! :H

Don't worry - I don't aim to fall off anything - my philosophy is:

"If conditions make it too dangerous today - the damn hill will still be there tomorrow!"

What is it they say about climbers?
                      There are old climbers and there are bold climbers - but there ain't any old bold climbers.

I am positively ancient!

Take care!

Love

Satori

Comment

Working...
                      X