Sat. - March 1 - Daily Thread

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Awww, Det. Thank you. I really needed that after today...

Tell Dx "hi," too. I'll bet she is glad you are back.

How is her job search going???

Love,
    Cindi
    AF April 9, 2016

Comment

Oh, Beck.

I was a wine drinker for 30+ years...

when I knew I had to quit I switched to voddy because it is not detectable on the breath.

Geez, I am such a ...... cheat???

AL is AL and I am trying so hard to get on Antabuse so AL is not an option. Draconian, I know but as they say "WHATEVER IT TAKES" and I am willing to do that.

No more drinking for this girl. It is killing me. Literally. Totally.

Love,
      Cindi
      AF April 9, 2016

Comment

tkeene,

I am still on the first 3 days, which is one a day in the morning. So, I can't speak to the Chantrix yet.

I will let you know, though, as soon as I am titrated up to full dosage.

I am truly excited about it. I would absolutely love to quit smoking.

Cindi
        AF April 9, 2016

Comment

I was just typing a post and my computer crashed and restarted. I really have to get my computer guy over here--ugh!

Anyway, I just wanted to say that I am happy to hear most everyone feeling confident, committed and motivated. I was actually feeling a little "iffy" earlier for a brief time, but coming here to read nipped that in the bud. I'm just feeling a little lonely actually, combined with a not-very-productive day.

I'm going to turn in early and read a bit, then get up early.

I'm thinking of all of you and happy about everyone's progress!

xoxox
          AF as of August 5th, 2012

Comment

Kathy,

Oh NOO!! You are not "allowed" to feel iffy. "oops that is not correct, you are allowed it but not allowed to act on it."

LOL

Kathy, you are one of the "bedrocks of all of us," if you need help, please post and let it known. I, for one, do not want to see you sucked into the abyss.

I will be here for you. Period. No matter what.

I know you will be there for me, too.

I care.

Love,
            Cindi
            AF April 9, 2016

Comment

Gosh! I just read this thread all the way through. It was great. Deter & Janice: Yes we can have more fun when we are sober. I too have watched others go down under the influence, & that is an eye-opener for me. Drinking isn't all uninhibitedness & sociability. I've found I can be more sociable sober, because I'm not hyper-vigilant about myself.

Take care everyone. Mary
              Wisdom, Courage, Strength
              October 3, 2012

Comment

Deter: I loved what you said about handing a normal drinker a bottle & telling them to drink the whole thing. Thinking about it that way is such a wake-up call. BTW, I had a luncheon here today. None of us drank, & we had so much fun.

I must admit that cooking for company & drinking are strong associations for me.
                -I ALWAYS drank during the preparations.
                -Then when company came, I drank in the kitchen while everyone talked in the living room.
                -To top it all off, I always drank during clean-up.

Today, I broke that association & did something different. I did not drink before, during or after. Feels very good. Mary
                October 3, 2012

Comment

Good night all.

I am sleeping with my two grandsons. Both of them.

I love it.

We are sleeping together tonight. Loves and kisses from both. :-)

Love,
                  Cindi
                  AF April 9, 2016

Comment

I love that too Cindi. Aren't they just wonderful. Grandsons. Mary
                    October 3, 2012

Comment

Uno Daze

First of the Month is a Fresh Day - I like that Mary - I think I'll make every day # uno
                      Liv
                      AF since Jan. 1, 2008 .... It all began right here

Raise your hopeful voice, you have a choice, you made it now.

(from the Movie "Once")

Comment

Thanks, everybody

I'm in mods right now, and would like to go AL free down the line. Your threads are inspiring and I know I will be able to go there eventually. Your honesty is refreshing! I'm not really enjoying the AL I do ingest these days, thanks to the supps and meds and you folk. I was the designated driver after snowshoeing with my friend today, and was so aware of how much she repeated herself over and over.
                        Det and Dx---you two are too cute and I find it inspiring that you are struggling with this issue together. Very cool.
                        Keep writng, all. Those of us in the corners draw strength from you!

Comment

OMG, what a wonderful thread! Everytime I get a little cocky I'm coming back here and reading this. I have been doing very well since joining but still have a ways to go. I have justified social drinking, unwinding drinking, all because if it wasn't binge drinking then it was ok. Looking at my tracker, I fall about every 10 days. And when I mean fall, I mean the cigarettes come out the bottle is in front of me, it becomes an appointment with AL. My son is not home and my husband is working late so its just me and AL. From consuming everything in site, I finish the bottle and stop. HUGE improvement. What before was every 4-5 days has diminished to 10........my greatest fear was going to a social event and having to say "no". I've done that and I know it sounds silly but nothing happened to me. Does that make sense? I have been weaning myself off because to abruptly make those changes, mentally mostly, was too much for me..........I have to repeat everyday that I won;t drink and then I'm hoping it'll just be.....I'm very proud of my progress but maybe because I wasn't a daily drinker I didn't think I was THAT bad. Changes in my behavior continue. I have a paella dinner to go to this evening in my honor and after reading this thread, I'm going to do it AF!

Comment

Embrace, thanks very much. Dx is on the boards just to help me since she doesn't have an AL problem (darn normie!) LOL.. she also is here to help herself understand the battle I'm engaged in.
                            Finally, paella? what time is dinner....I'm there! well done dear you sound strong and resolved.
                            nosce te ipsum
                            (Know Thyself)

Comment

Working...
                            X