X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Tue. - Mar. 4 - Daily Thread

Jimmycrackcorn,

Day two is a great start!!

Hang in there, once you are past day 5, you will be on the downhill slide of the worst part, by day 10, you are through any physical withdrawals and starting to work on you!!

Glad you are with us, btw!!

Cindi
    AF April 9, 2016

Comment

Deter: Thanks for the heads-up about the stereotyping of drinking. I guess I've bought into all the glam ads on TV & in print. There's certainly nothing sexy about hanging over a toilet throwing up...something I've done too much of in my drinking life.

Surrender: For me, it's about letting my higher power (within me) take over & lead me into a life of sobriety. My lower power is fueled by the alcoholic voice that says: "Oh go ahead...you only live once."

Yes, please do not feel as if I'm the only person who can start this wonderful thread. I don't want to seem like a control freak. Last night I wrote this in the wee hours, because I just couldn't get to sleep.

Take care. M
      Wisdom, Courage, Strength
      October 3, 2012

Comment

That's certainly not what I meant, Mary. I really like the fact that you start the threads. I never thought of you as a control freak. Maybe a little worry in your own head?

:lMary:l
        AF as of August 5th, 2012

Comment

Kathy,

Do not worry a bit about Mary starting the thread and where you "fit in" because you are truly one of our "bedrocks."

Mary starts the thread and then YOU add to it.

I am so grateful for both of you. So grateful.

Hubby is grateful for you, too.

I am just grateful for the thread and both of you guys.!!! and the rest of the people out here. One day at a time and one hour at a time and one day at a time and one week at a time,,, and one month at a time.

OMG. It hurts so badly and it works so well.
          Love,
          Cindi
          AF April 9, 2016

Comment

Hello, gang.

Interesting thread indeed. I am so lost in my thinking patterns lately, that when I feel I want to make a certain point, ten minutes later I change my mind. I have no idea what the hell is up with that.

Sorry I didn't post earlier with some words of wit, but I spent many hours (and I'm not exagerating) researching what type of supps to order. Have a couple of threads on Holistic but not getting much of a response. Maybe there will be more help by tomorrow.

Right now I can barely keep my eyes open and I'm spending too much time correcting my typos. And I've really got off the path of this thought provoking thread.

Sorry folks. Hopefully will be able to contribute more tomorrow. Love to all :h.

Love, Me
            :l
            Alcohol is simply the device between success and failure.

Comment

Hello All.

Just hit the 72 hour mark and the Campral seems to be working pretty well. Cindi posted to Jimmycrackcorn that after the 5th day its a whole lot better? Can others affirm that for me? I'm pretty scared.

Thanks much in advance. For those of you just beginning your day (I'm to sleep in 1/2 hour) have a great day.

Diana

:new::thanks:

Comment

Hey Di,

Yes Day 5 is the worst. If you're taking campral, that should help a bit. Hang in there and WELCOME!

:l:l
                AF as of August 5th, 2012

Comment

Working...
                X