Sun. - Mar. 9 - Daily Thread

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Wow, it's great to see so many new people on today.

:welcome: to Aysha, Lefty, Morning Fairy, Iddy Paws, and derrygirl.

Morning Fairy, I live in Maryland, too. I get some of my supps at the Vitamin Shoppe. I recommend it for supps. I've gotten GABA from there. I'd say the book is the most important too, if you can afford to download it.

Aysha, congrats on your 1st day. It's a very special day. It's hard, but so worth it!

Mary, I couldn't sleep last night either. The old daylight saving time thing. I'm glad that Buddy won. What a trip! Sounds like fun.

Cindi, I'm praying for you, girl. I know you can make it. You sound scared but really motivated. I'm envious of your snow!

Hi Boyz, how are you doing??

Lefty, you qualified from the moment you decided that you wanted Abs, as Mary said. Congrats on your days AF. You'll have to tell us more about Shick-Shadel; I've never heard of it.

Charlee, you sound like you are doing well, and you're on the right path.

Good for you, Janice, on getting through the party last night. It sounds like you had a really good time.

Morning Fairy, I'm glad you found the site too. Good for you on Day 3. That is just great already. Listen to Thankful, she knows what she is talking about.

Hugs to you Thankful!

Thanks for your story, Iddy Paws, and congratulations on your 3 months of sobriety this time around. our past certainly says that you can do it!

Congrats on Day5 derrygirl. You sound like you are doing well. Just don't stop trying, and you'll do fine. I am enjoying reading a lot more too, these days, and I remember what I've read, which is an added bonus.

tea, would you come help me clean my cupboards when you're done? I'm afraid that sobriety has not helped me be more organized or motivated when it comes to taking care of my house.

Anyway, it seems like everyone is doing okay. So am I. I've got to get my act together and do some billing this afternoon, but otherwise, it's a beautiful, but chilly day.

:l
    AF as of August 5th, 2012

Comment

Kathy,

I never get to say "hi" to you much anymore because it seems you always post way after I do.

Sorry you have to do some billing work on Sunday.

Thank you for your very kind comments every day. I am scared. I can do this.

I do want you to know that I appreciate you very much. A kind and calm influence on MWO.

Love,
      Cindi
      AF April 9, 2016

Comment

Aqua: I liked what you said about starting again & again. Those AF days in between slips are an important part of our recovery process. M
        Wisdom, Courage, Strength
        October 3, 2012

Comment

waaaaaaaa! my connection has been down for hours. Panic! weeping, wailing and gnashing of teeth!

Happy Sunday ABerooonies far and wide!
          Tea, nice to hear from you. and Iddy...hows life on the islands?
          Big welcome to Aysha, Derrygirl, Lefty, Morningfairy, and any other new friends here
          Cindi...if your doctor doesn't get you antabuse I'd be doing something on my own to get it...just my two cents. This is so important.

well I've had a fantastic weekend. Saturday I managed to get in a great workout without crippling myself wrestling with the 18 year old steroid junkies and today I made it to a pistol match for the first time in months and shot pretty darn well. Two things I'd definitely not be doing with a hangover for sure!
          be well everyone
          nosce te ipsum
          (Know Thyself)

Comment

Hi guys,

It's been a while since I posted on this thread (usually on ODAT) but just wanted to say how much it has helped me today!

Thanks!

Love and Hugs,
            Uni
            Every day is a day to start over and remember that I am powerless over my addiction. I will no longer give the BEAST any power over me - he can go straight to hell.
            :h

Comment

Mary,

Yes, the grandkids are wonderful and wonderfully exhausting!! Whew!! The oldest loves to bake, so last night we made Paula Deen's Chocolate Sheet Cake. Delicious but very rich.

Det,

As soon as I get the all clear from my doctor and speak to the shrink, I will be on Antabuse come hell or high water. No only for MY peace of mind but my hubby's and parent's too.

Tea, Iddy and Uni - Have a nice evening.

Love,
              Cindi
              AF April 9, 2016

Comment

Hey Cindi~I miss "talking" to you too. :upset:

Okay, off to bed to try to get to sleep at a reasonable hour.

:l:l
                AF as of August 5th, 2012

Comment

Working...
                X