Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Booze Busters 30 Day AF Challenge!!! It's BACK!!!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

hi there.. doggy..count me in too.but just one thing am going for the long haul life term. so good luck to you all.. yes we can and will be able to do it
    :beach: life does change as long as you are willing to change yourself ..
    best thing about the future it comes one day at a time..

Comment

G?Day All! I tend to be one lazy mama in the morning since I am no longer working - haven?t been able to sleep past 6:00 a.m. for about 30 years, so am making up for lost time, I guess.

Anyhooooo - Satori! So good to see you. Looking forward to seeing more of you in April, will be great to have our old bud back!

Accountable - Of course you are welcome. Today is a new day, it?ll get better, hang in there.

Tirgs - 30 days, a million days, whatever your goal, you can find a welcome here. Glad to have you!

Morning DG - Enjoy your figure skating championships! Gotta admire those people who can do that sort of thing on ice. I can?t even stand up on skates!

Well, off to Curves and try to whittle this butt down an inch or two - will check in later - have a great AF day, all.

Workin on 9 days AF
      The furture lies before you like newly fallen snow - be careful how you tread it, for every step will show.

Comment

terrific Tuesday!

HEY EVERYONE!!

Thanks DG for this thread!!:thanks:

Day 1 really for me, can't lie, I DID have those 3 last beers in the fridge last night, went to bed early and drank tons of water, but starting all over again.....................really can I have it be my day 26 I never got through??? PLEASE!!??? lease:

Right, Accountable, I don't miss the crap either!!

AF is the way to be!!!:happy::yougo:

love,

MA
        :rays:My happiness is my greatest gift to others:rays:eace:

Comment

Hi everyone!! Welcome to the folks who joined us since my last post! Sorry I'm in such a rush, but Man Pant Wedgies of figure skating are consuming my day! (much more interesting than voddy!)

SATORI!!!!! Have fun on your trip and we'll see you around the 7th!!

Note to the ladies (well, and the men): When we girls celebrate a 30 day (or 60, 90, etc.) milestone, the men must participate in giving us an All Male Cheerleading Review. Satori and Chief are quite good at organizing this event, and can show the ropes to the other men who have not participated before.

See? There are SO many good reasons to hit the 30 day AF goal!!

Off to make some lunch and get back to skating.

DG
          Sobriety Date = 5/22/08
          Nicotine Free Date = 2/27/07

One day at a time.

Comment

cw i do not see anyreason why you have to zero out your good hard work. just don't now go down that bad lane. and do not keep booze in the house honey. bad bad idea. okay i have to kick out all the sugar. booze in the house does not phase me but the chocolate mints had me up all fricking nite. woof woof. i want the guys streaking. since i know they run. ahahahahahahahha and i am going to be 90 soon. ahahahahahah
            :welcome:

Comment

Cowgal,

By drinking those last 3 beers, I see it that you selflessly took one for the team. By jumping in front of the bus you saved countless numbers of us the pain and suffering of "trying just one". You clearly showed us the insanity of such an impulsive decision and for that I am forever grateful! For your courageous act of bravery, I pleased to give you your "honorary 30 day AF" award! Congratulations! (Just no more goofing off you hear!)
              Is Addiction Really a Disease?
              Watch this and find out....
              http://youtu.be/ekDFv7TTZ4I

Comment

thanks

Thanks for the loving reprimands!! Bootsie, 4theboyz.................I really DO appreciate them, they will make me stick to my guns w/ this AF stuff DEFINITELY!!! When that little voice says "just one,you can do it" I will remember the feeling I have right now.................

NO I AM NOT BEATING MYSELF UP!!!
                But, I am letting your loving caring advice hit me in the heart!! Thanks!!:thanks:

Love you guys!!:h:l

MA
                :rays:My happiness is my greatest gift to others:rays:eace:

Comment

Just popping in to say hi to all fellow boozebusters!!! Day 21 and feeling good!!! Janicexxx
                  AF since 9 May 2012
                  Quit trying to control something that is uncontrollable (Bear February 08)

Comment

day 18, not bad day. tired now though. just been to AA meeting.

Comment

OMG.. Doogy bagged the infamous Satori!

Or did she.. ?

That was a nice surprise, wasn't it....

Happy BOOZE BUSTIN' DAY!

Enjoy those bald butts, DG!

xoxox

MM
                      Face your deficiencies and acknowledge them, but do not let them master you. Let them teach you patience, sweetness, insight.

Comment

I'm in, can't stand my way of life any longer. My time starts 6pm. All help, inspiration and motivation is very welcome!:new:

Comment

Hello Fellow Booze Busters,

Sounds like we are all doing well here. My witching hours are over. Went for a run and drank some tea!

Ed, this place is all about motivation. you are welcome here.

This is the end of DAY 44 for me.

Beck
                          Beck

Sometimes you get there in spite of your route, losing track of your life and what it's about, the road seems to know when to straighten right out...Mary Chapin Carpenter

Comment

bootcampbarbie;293663 wrote: cw i do not see anyreason why you have to zero out your good hard work.
                            For myself, I need a 30 day alcohol free challenge that means ALCOHOL FREE. I'm not the counting police or the slip up police and have no intention of going there. Personally, I am challenging myself to 30 days alcohol free - period. That means not one sip for 30 days. I'm not going to tell anyone what to do about counting, but I really want and need to interact with others that are just as serious about no alcohol means no alcohol as I must be if I am to get sober.

I'm so thrilled that so many people are interested in this challenge. I just want to be very up front with my own opinion on this, as the challenge starter.

Thanks for your consideration - there is more than one way to get to sobriety and we all have slightly different needs. Getting sober is so important to me and I HAVE to be tough with myself or I will never get there. I am really hoping this thread will be about that level of toughness for others who need it like I do. I'm sure it's not for everybody, and that's OK. As far as I'm concerned, drinking puts one back to square one in the Booze Busters challenge. Just my opinion.

With respect,
                            DG
                            Day 5 AF (well, 6 as of 3PM CST today)
                            Sobriety Date = 5/22/08
                            Nicotine Free Date = 2/27/07

One day at a time.

Comment

Sorry to be a stiff upper lipper, but I have to agree with DG. Our stars are for AF days, and the bling bling is for 30 AF days IN A ROW. Oh yeah, we Booze Busters are tough - but in the end, you'll thank us.
                              The furture lies before you like newly fallen snow - be careful how you tread it, for every step will show.

Comment

Well good be tough, I'm in and finishing up Day 3 and am off to bed to get ready to tackle Day 4. Figured I needed to take this 30 day challenge since I've been here so long and never full heartedly committed to it before.
                                "Keep your eyes and heart focused on the end goal at all times, and never settle for less."

Comment

Working...
                                X