Booze Busters 30 Day AF Challenge - Week of 3/31

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Hannah: AF means I don't have to have a secret life anymore. That just destroyed my integrity. I can live open, honest, & free. Mary
    Wisdom, Courage, Strength
    October 3, 2012

Comment

Day 6 here

As usual, you all just take my breath away!
      This afternoon, I was thinking how boring being AF is. A g So, I'm reading your posts...YES great upbeat reasons not to drink. YES, my heart is beating normally and I don't feel like I'm dying, and I like all of that. Old habits, good movies, feelings of freedom and openness (I still have a stash of empties to dispose of) and a really good book!!
      Has anyone else read "The Omnivore's Dilemma"? What a eye opener. Blessings and many hugs to all. g.:h

Comment

well day 33 AF today, got circuit training this morning and day hospital. so morning is bz. then free in afternoon. i was going to gym in evening but my mother inlaw has been put in hospital so may have to visit her instead.

had a good AA meeting last night and also i got myself a far away sponsor, who i met last year on another forum. so that should be good. other htan that im stable this morning. ill see what the day brings.

so get going BBers another day to conquer.

xx

Comment

Morning all

I had a bad day yesterday - I didn't give in but I have a big party next week (12 April - mums 60th can't avoid it) and I keep thinking I could just have a drink then and then get back on track but I don't want to! It's like a constant battle in my head! The thing is I haven't told anybody that I want to stop drinking (only my husband) I know they will say - you don't have to stop - just cut down....and I'm not ready to hear that - anybody got any advice on how to handle this???????????

The best things about being Af are:

1. Not waking up with that bottom of the stomach dread cos you're hungover and have to get going
          2. Having more of an interest in life in general
          3. Having more energy
          4. Not snapping at my kids
          5. Feeling proud of myself
          6. Remembering every detail of the day before

I could go on but I've got to go to work! Start of Day 4 for me -see you all later - keep going all of you xx

Comment

I had my first sleepless night in ages last night. Too much caffeine yesterday, I think. So today I'm feeling a bit zonked, but it's a million times better than having a hangover!
            Have a great day everyone
            sigpic
            AF since December 22nd 2008
            Real change is difficult, and slow, and messy - Oliver Burkeman

Comment

Morning everyone,

Day 2 for me. Husband not impressed with my mood yesterday, I'm usually "relaxed" by the time he gets in and yesterday I wasn't. He doesn't know how much I drink, so I also have to go AF secretly too.

Things I want to change:

1) Guilt - the guilt of knowing each drink is damaging my liver and I might not see my little boy grow up.
              2) Looks - never great at the best of time are getting worse. Red face (possibe Rosacea, possible Lupus, bloods taken to see)
              3) Money - saving ?1000 at the very least
              4) Peace of mind- currently spending all the time thinking if I've got enough AL in the house, how to get it in the house, how to get the empties out without anyone noticing. It's ALWAYS on my mind.

Yesterday I cleared all the empties out, have no AL in the house and am ready for this. Am doing it "cold turkey" if you like. I have tried the supps, meds and CDs, but if I miss out on them ( I forget in the afternoons) then it's the perfect excuse to drink.

Good luck to everyone else too.

xxx

Comment

AF for me means I am a nicer person. I am happy, positive and grateful for what I have. Janicexxx
                AF since 9 May 2012
                Quit trying to control something that is uncontrollable (Bear February 08)

Comment

AF for me means I am living life to the full. Not just existing, more energy, more enthuasism, being there more for my kids.

Rustop

Comment

Good Day Booze Busters!! Day 4 here. Didn't get much sleep last night but it still feels way better than a hangover!! Hannah, great topic!!

What being AF means to me (well, you all hit the heads of the nails already!)

* Freedom to come and go as I please or need to any time day or night.
                    * Feeling happy - not guilty about how much I drink and/or people figuring out when and how much I drink.
                    * Having the extra time that I used to spend mindlessly drinking to do more interesting things.
                    * Drinking became such a lonely sport - I don't need to hide away and be lonely any more.

Well, that's my 4 stars LOL! Have a great day everyone. It's another busy one here. I'm off to run some errands then I have a meeting with an insurance person to review our medical plan....I will save you all from my rant about the state of health insurance in the US!!!! :durn:

Congrats to Liv and everyone else on your :bling:!

DG
                    Day 4 AF
                    Sobriety Date = 5/22/08
                    Nicotine Free Date = 2/27/07

One day at a time.

Comment

Good Morning BBers,

I think we might, just might, have a day rain free. Considering we are in a drought, all the floods have been disconcerting.

Considering Global Warming, we have had one of the coldest winters on record.

Wait, why should I be confused? It makes as much sense as drinking day after day and thinking we "need" it and it makes us "feel" better.

Going to pop my morning Antabuse and get on with my client work.

Hope all have a wonderful AF day.

Love,
                      Cindi XVI
                      AF April 9, 2016

Comment

Have a wonderful day Boozebusters!!!!
                        Goal 1: Today
                        Goal 2: Tomorrow

Comment

I just wanted to check in here & let you know that I'm a BB too. I love reading the reasons people are grateful they are AF. I identify w/all of them.

Grateful for the fact that I don't have to find an out-of-the-way trash barrel to dump my empties. Usually someone would pull into the parking lot as I was doing that, & I was paranoid about it for a long time afterwards. Gosh, when I think about some of the insane stuff I did to hide my drinking, I just shudder.

Mary
                          Wisdom, Courage, Strength
                          October 3, 2012

Comment

Hello, BB's! I'm with Mary. I never want to forget that I am a BOOZE BUSTER! It is the start of April and another 30-days AF for me. This will be month 4 for me and I am still taking it one month, one day at a time - REALLY! I am not even close to taking off my training wheels... I know better than to think that.

I would like to add what AF means to me, if you don't mind. It is the start of SPRING and I would like to remind myself a few reasons...

Freedom to go anywhere, anytime - day or morning. Noticing everything around me, talking to people, hugging (I'm a hugger, I've discovered). Taking it all in...

Playing.. that means with my daughter and everyone around me. I love laughing. Boy do I love to laugh these days. I mean belly laugh, rears in my eyes laugh! I am a FUNNY GAL! I seriously get into at least two or three full-on belly laughs a day now.. what a major release - better than any glass of wine could give me!

Emotions.. Well there is the good with the bad there.. It is just letting myself expereince them all.. this has been the toughest - but the most rewarding.

Relationships.. I'm starting to have them.. with everyone. My daughter, my friends, myself...

It's all good.

Have a fantastic day!

Namaste,

MM
                            Face your deficiencies and acknowledge them, but do not let them master you. Let them teach you patience, sweetness, insight.

Comment

A Sunny Day!!

For those of you in the mid-west USA...i'm sure noticed the sun shining today, what a great sight.
                              Day 4, got evil teens and little kiddies out the door this morning and went on a 5 mi. run. It feels so amazing to want to get out in the early morning. The tips of little green bulb plants are beginning to peak out of the ground. The greater bird world seems to have just one thing on their minds. Spring rocks!!

Loved reading all the meaningful ways the BBs enjoy AL free life.

On my way
                              Was an alcoholic yesterday, an alcoholic today and will still be an alcoholic tomorrow..... but I'm in charge now!

Comment

Gooday Boozebusters! Such a positive and upbeat thread - such a nice place to check in to every morning. The reasons everyone have given for staying AF are - and we need to remember them when we are tested, when ol' :alf: stands in the corner and beckons.....

And I will be thinking hard about each and every one of them this weekend - I am off w my hubby to Calgary - he's going on business so will be busy during the day - I will get to sleep in, work out in the work out room, shop, etc - and then at night we will visit w friends and go out for supper. It would be WAY too easy to say, oh, one weekend of drinking wouldn't hurt....I'm going to practise going :lalala:, to ol' Al, and think about all of those reasons, - HARD.

If I can find a 'puter to use, I'll check in - if not, see you next week. Hope everybody has a great boozebustin' week!
                                The furture lies before you like newly fallen snow - be careful how you tread it, for every step will show.

Comment

Working...
                                X