X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Monday 7th April

Seto,

First off, :welcome:

Second, yes. It is really hard the first few days. Period.

Third. How much do you drink? Please check the link at the top discussing symptoms of withdrawal to make sure you don't need meds. Okay? Often we forget to mention this assuming it is okay. But the one time we dont....

Fourth. Just hang in there for a week or so, it really starts getting better. Truly.

By day 10, you are so coming out of the woods and the cravings become urges, which is something you can deal with much easier.

Cindi
    XXI
    AF April 9, 2016

Comment

Monday 7th April

Good Afternoon Everyone, Wow, lots of posts already !!

Monday confession.....have no idea how it happened but I was so ready to fulfull my 30 commitment I made on March 31. Had a great 4 AF days....Friday morning came still felt great....but by Friday night I could not resist the craving. I just don't get it. I was so sure this time. But anyway, OK, I'll dust it off, and start again. Yesterday back to 1 AF day.

Tonight's no problem since today I can only have breakfast, lunch only cream soup, dinner only broth, and 4 tablets of Dulcolax (laxative), and two bottles 10 oz each of Magnesium Citrate Oral Solution....yuck.....if you can guess what this is for.......then you most likely have been through it.....tonight is the day and tomorrow is the morning of have been dreading since I turned 50.......a colonoscopy. Actually, I went to the doctor after putting it off for over a year........I need a piece of mind, or find out if there is anything serious going on inside.

Everyone sounds so good. Keep up the good work. I need the inspiration because I love being AF.

and Seto welcome, and it takes time and a lot of hard, but we all know it is worth it !!

P.S. I'm hungry and I want real food......not just cream soup & broth :yuk:
      Miss October :blinkylove:

Comment

Monday 7th April

Hi everyone
        Well I'm going to leave this board for a while as I have decided to make a trip to the doctors tomorrow. Maybe my body isn't ready to go cold turkey just yet. I feel ashamed to say but I lasted 1 day, I will moderate tonight though and XXXX

Comment

Monday 7th April

Oh Miss October, good luck tomorrow with the colonoscopy - thinking about you. Seto if you can get near a Holland & Barrett, they do l-glutamine and kudzu which really help with the cravings. The kudzu isn't as good as MWO's but it still makes a difference. Janicexxx
          AF since 9 May 2012
          Quit trying to control something that is uncontrollable (Bear February 08)

Comment

Monday 7th April

Good Eveining,

Seto, stick by us as much as possible.If you do drink come right back tomorrow.

Miss October, good luck with the colonoscopy. The prep stinks BIG TIME but the procedure itself is a piece of cake. Other good thing is you really can't drink tomorrow as meds they give you knock you for a loop for a while so......you'll wake up on Wed on day 3 already!!!!!

I really wanted to drink wine tonight!!!!!!! I debated and debated with myself. I just don't want to give up the 8 days I have behind me so I have decided I won't drink today.

Skimmed by today by the skin of my teeth but I did it. I hope tomorrow feels as good as this evening just plain STUNK!!!!!

I'll put myself to bed early just like a baby.

I hope everyone else has a much better evening

Janet

PS....Det,Thanks for reminding me that I have some teavana tea!!!!. I'll make myself a pot and maybe that will make me feel better

Comment

Monday 7th April

I had a great day w/the kiddos. I'm going to try to check in tomorrow. Mary
              Wisdom, Courage, Strength
              October 3, 2012

Comment

Monday 7th April

Miss O,

Good luck tomorrow, hope all goes well.

On my way
                Was an alcoholic yesterday, an alcoholic today and will still be an alcoholic tomorrow..... but I'm in charge now!

Comment

Working...
                X