Friday 18th April

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Friday 18th April

In the past when I would "slip" then it would be like all or nothing and I would get really discouraged and have a hard time restarting. So now I guess I do a combination, kind of take it day by day with the goal in the back of my head to be forever but not thinking too hard about the future until I have more AF time behind me.

Aquamarine,
    What you have said above is exactly how I'm handling it this time, I've got 10 days af today, when I get to 15days that will be the longest I've been AF in 7yrs when I went 2mths af. The longest I've been AF in 25yrs is 9mths when I was pregnant. The last 7yrs I've been trying to tackle AL, not very successfuly, mmmmmmmm, I've been a slow learner, but I have been learning, I feel I know all the tricks and lies AL is gonna try and pull on me now. Should do after 7yrs eh? Before xmas I was on the ODAT thread and I felt just like Janice, "well I could have a drink tomorrow". I wont even look on that thread yet, scared I might get triggered. I feel safer here for now.

Hi Massai, Charlee, Newbeginning, July232007, Rustop61, Nellie and Secondchance.

take care
    want
    :h
    AF since April 8th 2008 :kudos::rays:

Snake....... come crawling,
    There's fire in your eyes,
    Bite me, excite me,
    I'll learn to realize.

The poison transmuted,
    Brings eternal flame.
    Open me to heaven,
    To heal me again.

Comment

Friday 18th April

Aloha Friday ABadabadooooos!

big welcome to Newbegining and Nellie

just got back last night from my working road trip/hotel hopping week. Back AF and happy which feels grand. I was looking forward to dinner with an old friend on Wed night because he never drank and was surprised to see he does drink now. oh well...still had a great night. A lady at the table asked if I was driving and I proudly said yes. (which was true coincidentally) .

ODAT....hmmmm. I'm steering my mind more to the "now moment" as much as possible. I might add that I'm listening to the audio book by Eckhart Tolle " A new Earth" which is a fascinating piece of work and highly recommended. so I analyze this now moment and try to be as conscious as possible of the thoughts that occur to me, and I'm trying to feel the difference between egoic motivated thoughts and those of infinite intelligence. (sorry if I'm not making sense!) just feeling quite philosophical lately.

One thing I'm often very happy about now that I'm AF is no more shakes! I used to have the shakes/quivers all the darn time and it drove me nuts. I even wondered if they would ever go away if I stopped drinking. yes they sure do. yeah!

be well friends and enjoy your precious "now"
      nosce te ipsum
      (Know Thyself)

Comment

Friday 18th April

A little late today, but 8 days AF. I even did a light workout today.

Congrats to everyone else.

Comment

Friday 18th April

yeah Mohun! you're going on week two! the worst is now behind.
          nosce te ipsum
          (Know Thyself)

Comment

Friday 18th April

So I had a terrible urge to drink earlier but I drove myself to a meeting instead. Still not completely grooving with the AA thing but at least there is a place to go where people aren't drinking. I hope to find some other places in the future but this will do for now. Add another one to the count AF day 4.

-lorelei
            Suddenly I see
            This is what I want to be
            suddenly I see
            Why the hell it means so much to me.

-KT Tunstall

Comment

Friday 18th April

Well done Lor! Sounds like you are doing exactly what you need to do. Now get past Saturday and you will be well on your way.
              Beck
              Beck

Sometimes you get there in spite of your route, losing track of your life and what it's about, the road seems to know when to straighten right out...Mary Chapin Carpenter

Comment

Working...
              X