Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Tuesday 29th April

Hello to all my Abber friends!!

Seen - Thank you for starting the thread today and I totally agree, waking up with a clear head is so nice.

Janice - I love reading your posts. Over the last year, I have peeked into your life and thoughts because of them and learned a lot about myself though it. It is a good thing you have come to understand your "mam's" (love the word) drinking and how badly it affected her life and everyone else's. Learning from her mistakes and at the same time empathizing means you will not be doomed to repeat them and at the same time have a little kindness for where she is today. Good on you.

Barebones - I keep chasing after you on your time sober and you are still waaay in the lead. What's up with that?? I admire you for continuing to work on all the facets of your life. You are doing brilliantly!!

Aqua - Like Barebones, you keep staying so far ahead. :-) Hugs back to you, too.

4theboyz - I took your advice and had a great AF day. Hope yours was, too.

On My Way - 30 days is such a super milestone. I remember how tickled I was to get there and looking forward to some more ones to come.

Want - Glad to see you post and still doing so well. Your success is a real inspiration for all of us.

Mohun - I am also on a business trip this week but survived last week's so this one is that much easier. Whew, take each new sober hurdle, jump it and the next time is it just a bump.

Lorelei - It is such a blessing when those AL thoughts are diminishing, isn't it? As for the B'Day party on the 10th, my dad suggested that when I am amidst people who are drinking, internally visualize how special it is that I am not.

RU - Even though you have been to 30 days AF before, every milestone is wonderful. You deserve admiration for never giving up. We are not quitters, except when it comes to AL, eh?

Mary - You keep on fighting and you do it with dignity, strength and resolve. You are one of the reasons I have made it to where I am today and I am eternally grateful to you for being so kind, generous, thoughtful and caring. Sharing as you have, so honestly and so forthrightly has let me do the same. You and I BOTH will be non-drinkers, and we will both be very proud of what it took to get us there.

Det - I haven't "seen" you today. I hope you are well, sober and abjectly miserable without Dx. :-)

Love to all of you,
    Cindi
    AF April 9, 2016

Comment

Tuesday 29th April

Hello Abbs Friends,

We have many folks reaching abbs goals. Let me join in the applause for Aqua and Barebones at 60 days AF, Onmyway with 30 days AF, and the group keeps getting stronger.

Let's finish April strong and AF.

Take care,

July

Day 279 AF

Comment

Tuesday 29th April

huff....puff.....I made it! wow, what a day. first big congrats to you all....great stuff!

the wind storm was so bad today that it blew down some electric poles and started a fire on the street where our house is, and the wind fanned it out very fast. I got word of this from Tahoe so I blazed home at 90mph and thankfully the wind blew it away from us. whew!!! it's 200+ acres now and has spread to other areas so it appears brush fire season is officially here.

yes, AF and good, just a heck of a fright today. things could always be worse..I could be Obama LOL
        ooops....

be well friends!
        nosce te ipsum
        (Know Thyself)

Comment

Working...
        X