May 1 AF - May AFers

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

May 1 AF - May AFers

Count me in....Happy May Day Everyone! I haven't listened to the CD's in a long time. I should get them back out and try them again! I am doing May for myself and my family!

God Bless and Best Wishes All,
    Hugs, Bambi
    "When you believe in a thing, believe in it all the way, implicitly and unquestionable." -- Walt Disney

Comment

May 1 AF - May AFers

Hi everyone

I was very glad to wake up and find that this isn't my own little 30 day AF thread - was feeling a little lonesome there for a while!

In a bit of a rush so I don't have time to respond properly - slept very badly without my 'sleep juice'. But who cares, I got to put a big fat zero in the drink tracker this morning

WW thanks for the encouragement but I feel compelled to say that it was my first AF day in 15 months, not years - so perhaps not such a big achievement, but for me still glorious:danthin:

Hope to check in properly later on today

Wooflet

Comment

May 1 AF - May AFers

How did everyone do last night? I made it through! I also have a hypoglycemia problem and looking back on my drinking habits it seems that frequently I would get home from work quite tired and open a bottle of wine and feel much better after a few sips. So I am now following Wasted's example and trying to have some juice when I get home .....I add a bit of seltzer.

I think but don't know that wine has more sugar than beer ..... does anyone know if this is true.
        :new:

Comment

May 1 AF - May AFers

Hey Booklvr,

I don't know if it does or not. I guess I just assumed that wine did because of the way it was made or what it was made from or something???

Just as a side note, my mother was a registered dietician and she told me that a lot of people who don't drink alcohol are candy/chocolate addicts. I think she read a study somewhere. But if you think of some of the people you work with or know otherwise, the people I knew didn't drink AL always had candy or soda-pop or chocolate with them. I would sure like to have more information on the link between hypoglycemia and alcohol consumption. I've never been much of a sweet eater - probably b/c I got my sugar from AL.

BTW, I started a new thread for May 2 May AFers - I didn't know if we should continue this thread or start a new one every day. What do you all think?

Hope everyone had a good Thurs!
          Wasted Time (NO MORE!)

Comment

May 1 AF - May AFers

Yes, yes, I am on day 1 AF. Would love to join.
            Jessie
            make the least of the worst, and the most of the best - everyday.

Comment

May 1 AF - May AFers

Hi. I don't look at this site much, but this is my second day not drinking. I usually drink between 1-4 drinks per night. I could hardly get out of bed this morning, and yesterday morning too. I wonder if that is why. My goal isn't total abstinance, but I am on for May!!!
              I also realized last nite that I have been so scared for so long, about being a single mom and all. It occured to me to see if there's any reasonable yoga classes, something to make me less fear-based.
              It's just interesting to me the thoughts that alcohol masks, for me.
              Anyway, I am on for May!!!
              Good luck everyone, and good luck me!!
              Thanks,
              Lila

Comment

May 1 AF - May AFers

Hey wasted time and everyone else

Keep up the good work. We are on day 5. The weekend is here, no more getting trashed and passing out on Sat. and Sun. We will have to keep busy. Hubby is working both days, so I can get alot done around here.

Comment

May 1 AF - May AFers

Hey blonde chick!

I believe I can get through today. Sat afternoon, I feel kind of confident about. Oh, but Sunday - usually my husband works in the yard all morning and me in the house and then at 2 or so the drinking starts until ... well, until the booze or the evening runs out. I may not be able to check in on Sunday b/c the family will be home but will try to check in Sat and Mon. Still using my medication to not drink...until Mon when I don't take it anymore. Also check out may 2 Afers - or do you think we should just stay on this thread. I don't know which is easier. Ya'll let me know, k?
                  Wasted Time (NO MORE!)

Comment

May 1 AF - May AFers

Oh and blonde chick,

One more thing? Were you hit by any of those storms in MO and OK yesterday (or this morning)?
                    Wasted Time (NO MORE!)

Comment

May 1 AF - May AFers

Hi Everyone: I'm in for May. Mary
                      Wisdom, Courage, Strength
                      October 3, 2012

Comment

May 1 AF - May AFers

I'm confused about which May I've been posting in. I'd do both, but I must be getting better as I'm antsy to get outside and start moving!! Good day to all. g. xxx

Comment

Working...
                        X