Friday May 2nd.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Friday May 2nd.

Morning. 22 days AF and counting. I get to fly home today (my birthday) after a 6 day business trip. The hotel I am staying at is hosting the local wine festival. It's been a tough week. Looking forward to getting home and seeing the family and getting caught up on gardening.

Friday May 2nd.

Morning Mohun

HAPPY BIRTHDAY!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! ! Hope you have a fantastic day (if you think back to your last birthday I bet you feel like a different person!) Have a great time with your family xx

All the posts yesterday were positive and everyone seems happy that's good to hear.

Busy day for me today - I have to go to work then get organised for the weekend away. I've got an engagement party to go to tonight as well (gonna drive so no temptation today)

It's been an up and down week for me - I've done a hell of alot of thinking - it's been good. I won't get a chance to get to a computer until Monday/Tuesday now so I wish you all a good weekend and as Arnie says.....I'll be back xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx

Comment

Friday May 2nd.

Morning :hallo:

Mohun, I think you've been doing a fantastic job staying AF. You've been in so many situations around AL in these early days and succeeded beautifully, I know it can't have been easy. I would have really really struggled in those situations. Well done on 22days AF, I hope your really proud of yourself. Get stuck into that gardening when you get home and get rid of any built up tension. Happy Birthday:bday7: hope you have a lovely time back home with your family.

Seen, hope you have a lovely weekend. It is good to have a good think, soul search, .

Beck, I'm pleased that you have decided not to mod, smart lady. You don't want to make youself more vunerable or give anyone unnecesarry ammo to fire at you . I really hope you keep gathering strength to deal with your issuses and I feel that you will :l.

Lorelei, I hope you got through the stress of yesterday ok and feel better today.

I've got my appointment at the AL centre this morning then I'm gonna try and get my garden finished today. It's nice and sunny this morning, every other morning this week it's been raining.
      Yesterday I found a load of my meditation tapes. I use to use them years ago, infact I use to do voluntary work at a mental health charity and used them sometimes in the relaxation class I'd organised. The members loved it and I loved taking it, that was about 6yrs ago,
      the irony. Anyway, I slept like a baby last night after listening to one of them.

Hi to everyone to come, hope you all have a great day
      want
      :h
      AF since April 8th 2008 :kudos::rays:

Snake....... come crawling,
      There's fire in your eyes,
      Bite me, excite me,
      I'll learn to realize.

The poison transmuted,
      Brings eternal flame.
      Open me to heaven,
      To heal me again.

Comment

Friday May 2nd.

Good morning all.

Happy Birthday Mohun!!

It's cold & wet here, so a tad gloomy. I have a Reiki session this afternoon & am sooooooo looking forward it!!

I would really like to get into the whole meditation thing, but can never seem to get it together. When I need it, it's too busy & noisy (kids, hubby etc). When its convenient, I can't be bothered!!! C'est la vie!!

Take care all & have a great day
        xxx
        The mind is in its own place, and in itself
        Can make a heaven of hell, a hell of heaven.

John Milton

Comment

Friday May 2nd.

Hi All,

Quick note as I am heading out the door...

Mohun - Happy Birthday. You are doing so well - 22 Days already (I know easy for me to say Have a great day.

Seen, Have a wonderful weekend.

Want, Thank you. Doing my best - a bit daunting. Now if only I could sleep - it has been a few days since I've had more than 4 hours sleep. Have fun in the garden. Stay well.

Jinja - I'm so with you on the meditation thing. Quieting my mind? Closest I get is when I'm running.

Good day all to follow...back later,
          Beck
          Beck

Sometimes you get there in spite of your route, losing track of your life and what it's about, the road seems to know when to straighten right out...Mary Chapin Carpenter

Comment

Friday May 2nd.

Happy birthday mo and happy Al free day to all....

This is my first friday sober, since....i can't even remember....this will be HUGE!

good luck all.....
            flyin

Comment

Friday May 2nd.

Hi Everyone.
              Mohun- Happy Birthday! Hope you have a good one. Wow, you have had alot of serious temptations thrown your way ,and now a wine festival! You have done an impressive job staying AF. Hopefully things will be easier for you when you get home.
              Flying- Good luck today on your first Friday. You will feel so good tomorrow when you see what you have accomplished.
              Hi Seen,Want Jinja ,Beck and all to come. Be Well and Stay Strong! Aquamarine
              NEVER UNDERESTIMATE THE POWER OF YOUR OWN DETERMINATION
              AF SINCE 3/16/2016

Comment

Friday May 2nd.

Happy B-day Mo, hope you have a great day with your fam. So glad you will be able to spend some time with them. WOW a wine fest?.that would be difficult for me to resist. Well done!

Beck, I commend you on your abs/mod decision. A clear head is a good thing. Luck to you finding some resolution in your current dilemma.

Seen, have a good weekend. I saw a silly sign once that said ?a clean house is the sign of a broken computer??. Or no computer. Sounds about right.

Jinja, hope your weather brightens up, enjoy your session, moms sometimes for get to take care of the caregiver too.

want, have fun in your garden. Hope you're able to finish. Spring is so wonderful!!

Flying, have a happy sober day!! and many more

My cold turned into a sinus infection, my 3rd turn at this sick biz since I started to ab. I stand by my original assessment, before I must have been sanitizing myself from the inside out with Al. No bacteria or virus stood a chance.

The best to the rest of you Abers!!

On my way
                Was an alcoholic yesterday, an alcoholic today and will still be an alcoholic tomorrow..... but I'm in charge now!

Comment

Friday May 2nd.

Mohun- Happy Birthday. You are doing great.

To everyone-good luck meeting your goal for today.

Comment

Friday May 2nd.

Hi everyone

Just a quick hello. Happy birthday Mohun. My girls are off school as its a long week-end here so I'm afraid my computer time is limited. Still its good to be able to check in and see how everyone is doing.

Have a great AF week-end.

Rustop

Comment

Friday May 2nd.

Hello Everyone: I doing well today. I don't have a lot of time right now but just wanted to check in. Things are simmering down a little here, & I think I need a bit of a break. Mary
                      Wisdom, Courage, Strength
                      October 3, 2012

Comment

Friday May 2nd.

Aloha Friday ABadoooooos!

felize cumple anos to you Mohun!

Mary, you sound like your ready for a massage and a box of chocolates

well done on the days and other accomplishments you all.

went to the movies last night and saw Street Kings it was about a reckless alcoholic cop with a lot of issues. yikes! that wasn't very relaxing I'm afraid. well made movie though.

Listed to the Eckhart Tolle section of his book on addictions last night and found it interesting. really striving to listen to the "other" voice in our head has helped me quite a bit.

be well everyone
                        nosce te ipsum
                        (Know Thyself)

Comment

Friday May 2nd.

Hi Absters: I know it's very late for some of you, but this is the first chance I've had to post. Today, I was exhausted...worry, poor sleep, etc. I discovered that fatigue is a trigger for me. While cooking dinner, I REALLY wanted a drink. I had to think through the feeling. I had to look at how I would feel physically, emotionally, & spiritually if I did drink. I kept putting it off, & the feeling passed. It took quite a while, but it did pass.

I did not want to sabotage the month of May w/a drink. I know that if I saw drinking on my DrinkTracker, I would feel like the month was blown, & maybe I could drink "once in a while." That's how my mind works. I'm just very grateful that I reached down & found the strength not to drink. I know that the 3 most important things I have to do on a daily basis is:
                          1. Not have a drink.
                          2. Not have a drink.
                          3. Not have a drink.

Thanks everyone. I feel much better & will try to get some quality sleep tonight. Mary
                          Wisdom, Courage, Strength
                          October 3, 2012

Comment

Working...
                          X