did it!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

did it!

sorry... not sure what came over me w/this mean comment....
    i do think that when we are drunk we tend to look different... the face takes on a hard/strange expression that one doesn't see on a sober person.
    this is all new to me... so i guess i'm seeing things differently.

and i noticed there is a fine line between sober and 'oppss.... gone too far now"
    really strange stuff.
    i don't think sober is the only way... am actually glad people can multi task w/the two states of being... i just happen to be someone who can't.

again sorry for the mean comment.

moi = naughty girl:l

Comment

did it!

Congratulations 1967!! I think that each time we are able to tackle yet another former "drinking" situation without drinking, we solidify our sobriety. I can certainly relate to *thinking* that people will care or be bothered by the fact that you are not drinking alcohol, only to find out they really DON'T care so long as they can drink.

I can also relate to watching the tipsy people and thinking "OH MY - was I that bad????" (and knowing in my heart the answer is "yes, and sometimes worse than that...")

There is an exercise I've learned and started using to fight off thoughts of drinking. "Play" one of your own drinking situations in your head like a movie. Really feel it. From the start when you plan to drink and are excited about it, then having the first drink. Notice how that initial "buzz" that feels good lasts only a little while before other things start happening. You start slurring your words possibly, or having to really concentrate to keep your balance in high heeled shoes, or whatever. Keep the movie playing to the end of that episode - which might include taking risks with driving, having a fight with your SO, etc. The point is to be very aware of how short lived the good part of the movie is, and how BAD the majority of the movie is. FWIW in case someone finds that useful.

Anyway...you are doing great and I am very happy for you!!

DG
      Sobriety Date = 5/22/08
      Nicotine Free Date = 2/27/07

One day at a time.

Comment

did it!

interesting thoughts DG on the instant replay of a drunkin' night if the urge comes to start one.
        thankfully, with the alcohol out of my system now I've not had any urges. I've thought it about it, but it only lasts a few seconds.
        but, I am sure it will eventually rear it's ugly head... and the aftermath is exactly what I will think of.
        I also try to keep in mind daily of how much easier it is getting w/time and how I DON'T want to have to deal w/starting over.
        i was busier than usual this weekend which is good... I think it helped to feel less alone and needing to fill the time. Why, it's Sunday morning already!
        and... bonus... bonus.... this Friday is day 90 AF!!!!!!!

Comment

Working...
        X