Day 8

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Day 8

hello all. Just wanted to check in and congratulate you all but Nancy, please don't be hard on yourself at all. I had done really well too, but my son and future daughter-in-law drove in to town and I found myself ordering drinks while I was out with them. So I'll be starting back on abs again from day 1 now that their visit is over and they are gone but having the 18 days under my belt is to me, a great start! Please, please, don't do the guilt on yourself. We are not perfect and just as the disease is progressive, so is the recovery. Just my opinion but a month ago, I would have continued and gone out wild and crazy for a few more days...not now.:y

Comment

Day 8

Hey all,

Day 8, that's at least into week 2!! So far so good with me. Still cleaning, still making progress! Feels good. Pretty soon I won't have any furniture to sit on.

A funny thing you might enjoy - I help manage some of my parent's buildings and guess what I'll be doing in a unit Monday - ya' guessed it abs buddies, cleaning:lol

This must be the summer of chat and the summer of cleaning. That's better than the summer of stupor.

And Deirdre - gorilla racks are industrial strength storage racks that I bought very inexpensively but they are ugly. So, I am taking the prettier ones into the basement and the uglier ones up into the garage.

Well, just checkin' in. Found out that a business meeting MIGHT mess with the first day of my trip to NYC - but will at least make the Saturday - Monday activities! So, that should still be some fun!

Take care all,

Pansy

Comment

Day 8

Hey CV,

I would not "start over" at day zero - this is not AA. You have done an incredible job. Why not get yourself a little calendar, like my handy little inebriation calendar, and start counting your alcohol free days. That way, you will see your REAL success at the end of the month.

Although this abs process started for me well before April, I started keeping track in mid-April. Since then I have had 68 alcohol free days. Yeah, slipped a bit in June .... but still.

That ain't too shabby compared to where I was last year!!
        I think it helps to reframe the issue. You didn't just slip this last time out. You have had 7 alcohol free days this month and are about rack up a bunch more:happy

Take care,

Pansy

Comment

Day 8

day 8

Thanks everybody for your encouragement. Today has been a good day..I worked out side most of the day and only had to pass the 60 gallons of vino a couple of times..Made me ill to even think of drinking any!
          Lots of H2o and tea.
          I don't think I could bounce back without you guys. I've never had so much encouragement in my life. Thankyou...I love you all!:h

Ok...where did the a-- bag end up??:rollin Could have used it today!
          Good night ...sleep tight...don't let the bedbugs bite!:happy
          NAncy

Comment

Working...
          X